Yield: 14 to 16 muffins
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 20 min
A great combination of flavors for this holiday- inspired muffin...
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 Tablespoon baking powder
1 cup granulated white sugar
2 large eggs
3/4 cup eggnog
1/3 cup melted butter
1 teaspoon almond extract
1 cup coarsely chopped frozen cranberries
2 Tablespoons granulated white sugar
1/2 cup granulated white sugar
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup butter, slightly softened
1/2 cup chopped pecans, optional
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray 14 to 16 muffin cups with nonstick spray.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour and baking powder; set aside.
3. In a large bowl, mix eggs, sugar, eggnog, butter and almond extract. Mix in dry ingredients just until combined. Toss cranberries with 2 Tablespoons sugar and then stir into batter.
4. Prepare streusel topping: Combine topping ingredients using a pastry cutter (or two knives) until crumbly.
5. Fill prepared muffin cups two-thirds full. Top with streusel topping. Bake 18 to 22 minutes, or until muffins test done with a toothpick inserted in the center coming out clean.
*If you have eggnog extract, go ahead and use that instead of the almond. Vanilla extract can also be used in place of almond.
*Low Fat eggnog is perfectly okay to use in this recipe.