Grilled Salmon with Dill Pickle Butter

Although I promised that I would be making that peanut butter and jelly salmon sometime soon, I came across a salmon recipe that was more appealing to my husband. And since he’s kind of a big deal, I gave into his wishes.

It’s a bit of an inside joke, but I got this T-shirt for him on CafePress. We could have totally gotten out of hand in ordering funny t-shirts from this place because they have quite the selection. Hubby put this one on his screen saver. My husband is one of those guys that is the life of the party, can talk to anyone, and knows his movie lines… and that one about the smokin’ hot wife comes from Talladega Nights. That movie cracks us up.

Anywho, back to salmon. This sounded like kind of a funky salmon recipe, and since I have done salmon with fresh dill many-a-time, I thought I’d give Grilled Salmon with Dill Pickle Butter a try too. The recipe comes from a recent issue of Food and Wine (one of my faves.) It’s suggested that the salmon be served with sauteed fresh corn and tomatoes.

Since the dill pickle butter incorporates fresh tarragon, I threw it into my veggie saute too.

This was quite a nice summery plate of food. The salmon is simply grilled and the dill butter melted on top is delicious. The veggies round out the meal. Add a glass of chilled white wine and your dinner is complete!

If your weather is nice enough, eat outside and celebrate the beginning of summer.

And a note to my husband… I’m kind of a big deal (too)… ya know… big time blogger and super mom and all! I just don’t have the t-shirt.

And for those of you who were waiting for the PB&J salmon… I’ll debut that one a little later in the summer!

This recipe can be found HERE.

37 Responses to “Grilled Salmon with Dill Pickle Butter”

1. postedJun 24, 2008 11:58 AM
    Mike of Mike's Table

That looks really good! I’m trying to branch out more with seafood lately and this looks like a keeper. Although I’m a bit nervous about pb&j salmon, lol…. 😉

2. postedJun 24, 2008 12:11 PM
    Mary Coleman

Dill Pickle Butter…dill pickles and butter. two of my fave things in the world. excellent!

3. postedJun 24, 2008 12:51 PM

yummy!! that salmon looks fantastic and my favorite kind of salmon is “Dad’s stlye”. what a great looking dinner!

4. postedJun 24, 2008 1:49 PM

Well, when the hubby is feeling the t-shirt a tad too much, you can remind him who’s known the world over 😉 hahaha. I think that phrase is from Christian Siriano, if I’m not mistaken.

Thanks for posting seafood recipes. I’ve been hankering for some healthy stuff over the blogaverse :)

5. postedJun 24, 2008 2:40 PM
    Peter M

Lori, I too am a big fan of goofy T-shirts and…grilled salmon…good grill marks!

6. postedJun 24, 2008 2:47 PM
    Nina's Kitchen (Nina Timm)

Mmmmmmm! A meal I could not resist – all my favorites on one plate!!!!

7. postedJun 24, 2008 4:09 PM

What an interesting twist to a recipe! I’ve been craving salmon lately, so I’m saving this one!

8. postedJun 24, 2008 7:38 PM
    Proud Italian Cook

Lori, Your Hubby sounds like a lot of fun, I’m sure he’ll like your pbj salmon, I know I’m very curious about it. Your salmon here looks really goods with those grill marks btw!

9. postedJun 24, 2008 8:15 PM

The magic word: pickles! This looks delicious, another RG triumph! :)

10. postedJun 25, 2008 12:19 AM

that looks SO GOOD. salmon is one of the few “real” foods (non-dessert items) i actually enjoy, hahahaha!

11. postedJun 25, 2008 12:26 AM

What an interesting recipe. I am a salmon recipe collector, so bring it on:) Loved it!

12. postedJun 25, 2008 1:46 AM

The salmon looks great. I don’t like pickles so it probably wouldn’t work for me. My husband loves them, though.

The veggie saute looks wonderful! Now that I’d love!

13. postedJun 25, 2008 4:07 AM

Yum! I love the sounds of dill pickle butter! Great recipe!

14. postedJun 25, 2008 6:49 AM

Goodness this looks so good, it might even make me, an avowed salmon hater, give it a try, and that’s saying something! Dill Pickle Butter? That just stopped me in my tracks! Excellent….

15. postedJun 25, 2008 9:28 AM

talladega nights…oh me. i’m glad you and your mister know how to have fun. :)
    go ahead and add dill pickles and butter to the list of things i would never have thought to combine. amazing.

16. postedJun 25, 2008 11:07 AM

Dill pickle butter sounds like it is worth a try. Everything looks great. But that doesn’t surprise me, you are SO a big deal! :)

17. postedJun 25, 2008 12:31 PM

Oh my goodness, that t-shirt is TOO FUNNY!!! Haha, love it :0)

Oooh, the sauteed fresh corn & tomatoes looks like a perfect accompaniment for the main dish!! Yum!!

18. postedJun 25, 2008 1:55 PM

Yes I am all to familiar with the movie quotes, I have seen my husband have full conversations with other guys only rhyming off lines – Ron Burgundy & Old School come to mind. As for the salmon it looks amazing…love salmon and dill and serving it with those tomatoes and corn is good suggestion. You’ve peeked my curiousity with this pB&J salmon.

19. postedJun 25, 2008 2:03 PM

Dill butter sounds fabulous. I love the pics they look so juicy and healthy. VERY DELICIOUS!

20. postedJun 25, 2008 3:13 PM

i love tarragon. this sounds wonderful. I like how the tomatoes are kept whole in the corn-tomato sauté. looks light and summery and divine.

21. postedJun 25, 2008 3:19 PM

That is one fantastic looking plate of salmon! The dill butter is so intriguing. Looks delicious! And you know, Talladega Nights cracks me up too! :)

22. postedJun 25, 2008 4:55 PM

Oh, I know Jack would just love this dish! Bookmarked!

23. postedJun 25, 2008 6:19 PM

I’m with Mike (above) on my skepticism over the pb&j salmon. PB on salmon? Blech.

But your dill pickle butter salmon looks positively scrumptious. Beautiful photos, too.

24. postedJun 25, 2008 7:44 PM

Does the dill butter alter the flavor of the salmon in any way? I’m not a huge fan of it’s fishy taste, but I try to eat it b/c of the Omega-3s, so I’m always trying to find a way to make it a little less fishy :D.

25. postedJun 26, 2008 12:44 AM

Love the grilled salmon – I could eat grilled salmon right about now – now I’ll obsess all night about it.

26. postedJun 26, 2008 1:11 AM

You certainly are a big deal! And this looks amazing!

27. postedJun 26, 2008 3:12 AM
    Jessy and her dog Winnie

Peanutbutter and jelly salmon!?? Wow that has got to taste interesting!

28. postedJun 26, 2008 4:14 AM

This looks so delicious!
    And – that shirt is fantastic! Too funny!

29. postedJun 26, 2008 6:41 AM

Always on the lookout for new salmon recipes! Your’s pared with the veggie saute looks yummy! I’ve not seen dill pickle butter before, but now I’m intrigued!

30. postedJun 26, 2008 2:41 PM
    Flanboyant Eats

Im kind of a big deal too! I love the shirt…ha ha ha.

31. postedJun 26, 2008 4:51 PM
    noble pig

This sounds absolutely wonderful, I adore anything with dill pickles. I’m still really curious about the other recipe though.

32. postedJun 26, 2008 6:57 PM

You are a big deal! I love your site & I’m happy to hear that your husband cracks you up…. I mean, really, 50 years can be painfully long without some chuckles!

This salmon looks great. I can’t wait to try it here.

xoxox Amy

33. postedJun 26, 2008 8:49 PM
    JennDZ - The Leftover Queen

GORGEOUS! I just love that plate of food Lori, it is perfect summer! :)

That is a great T-shirt too – but I really can’t wait to see this PBJ salmon….I can kinda see how that might be good.

34. postedJun 27, 2008 2:52 AM

That looks magnificent! Such a summery meal.

This is the first I’ve heard about the pb&j salmon…I’ll be waiting…:)

35. postedJul 1, 2008 5:04 PM

That looks delicious! I need to tackle fish some time soon. I am cooking my way through Everyday Food for the Dinner Tonight blog. I’ll have to keep my eye out for a good fish recipe.p

36. postedJul 4, 2008 9:01 PM
    Lori Lynn

I’ve been traveling, so I missed a lot of recent blog posts. This is great, I really like this dill pickle butter idea. Fresh corn and tomatoes look so summery too.

37. postedAug 1, 2008 12:28 AM
    Joe Horn

Looks awesome. The dill pickle butter sounds great. I just did some salmon on a plank at my blog. First time using a plank and the grill. Come take a look when you get a chance.

Would love your ideas and opinions!