Grilled Salmon with Dill Pickle Butter

Although I promised that I would be making that peanut butter and jelly salmon sometime soon, I came across a salmon recipe that was more appealing to my husband. And since he’s kind of a big deal, I gave into his wishes.

It’s a bit of an inside joke, but I got this T-shirt for him on CafePress. We could have totally gotten out of hand in ordering funny t-shirts from this place because they have quite the selection. Hubby put this one on his screen saver. My husband is one of those guys that is the life of the party, can talk to anyone, and knows his movie lines… and that one about the smokin’ hot wife comes from Talladega Nights. That movie cracks us up.

Anywho, back to salmon. This sounded like kind of a funky salmon recipe, and since I have done salmon with fresh dill many-a-time, I thought I’d give Grilled Salmon with Dill Pickle Butter a try too. The recipe comes from a recent issue of Food and Wine (one of my faves.) It’s suggested that the salmon be served with sauteed fresh corn and tomatoes.

Since the dill pickle butter incorporates fresh tarragon, I threw it into my veggie saute too.

This was quite a nice summery plate of food. The salmon is simply grilled and the dill butter melted on top is delicious. The veggies round out the meal. Add a glass of chilled white wine and your dinner is complete!

If your weather is nice enough, eat outside and celebrate the beginning of summer.

And a note to my husband… I’m kind of a big deal (too)… ya know… big time blogger and super mom and all! I just don’t have the t-shirt.

And for those of you who were waiting for the PB&J salmon… I’ll debut that one a little later in the summer!

This recipe can be found HERE.

37 Responses to “Grilled Salmon with Dill Pickle Butter”

Mike of Mike's Table — June 24, 2008 @ 11:58 AM

That looks really good! I’m trying to branch out more with seafood lately and this looks like a keeper. Although I’m a bit nervous about pb&j salmon, lol…. ;-)

Mary Coleman — June 24, 2008 @ 12:11 PM

Dill Pickle Butter…dill pickles and butter. two of my fave things in the world. excellent!

Priscilla — June 24, 2008 @ 12:51 PM

yummy!! that salmon looks fantastic and my favorite kind of salmon is “Dad’s stlye”. what a great looking dinner!

Manggy — June 24, 2008 @ 1:49 PM

Well, when the hubby is feeling the t-shirt a tad too much, you can remind him who’s known the world over ;) hahaha. I think that phrase is from Christian Siriano, if I’m not mistaken.

Thanks for posting seafood recipes. I’ve been hankering for some healthy stuff over the blogaverse :)

Peter M — June 24, 2008 @ 2:40 PM

Lori, I too am a big fan of goofy T-shirts and…grilled salmon…good grill marks!

Nina's Kitchen (Nina Timm) — June 24, 2008 @ 2:47 PM

Mmmmmmm! A meal I could not resist – all my favorites on one plate!!!!

Deborah — June 24, 2008 @ 4:09 PM

What an interesting twist to a recipe! I’ve been craving salmon lately, so I’m saving this one!

Proud Italian Cook — June 24, 2008 @ 7:38 PM

Lori, Your Hubby sounds like a lot of fun, I’m sure he’ll like your pbj salmon, I know I’m very curious about it. Your salmon here looks really goods with those grill marks btw!

CookiePie — June 24, 2008 @ 8:15 PM

The magic word: pickles! This looks delicious, another RG triumph! :)

dessertobsessed — June 25, 2008 @ 12:19 AM

that looks SO GOOD. salmon is one of the few “real” foods (non-dessert items) i actually enjoy, hahahaha!

farida — June 25, 2008 @ 12:26 AM

What an interesting recipe. I am a salmon recipe collector, so bring it on:) Loved it!

StickyGooeyCreamyChewy — June 25, 2008 @ 1:46 AM

The salmon looks great. I don’t like pickles so it probably wouldn’t work for me. My husband loves them, though.

The veggie saute looks wonderful! Now that I’d love!

Jenny — June 25, 2008 @ 4:07 AM

Yum! I love the sounds of dill pickle butter! Great recipe!

Erin — June 25, 2008 @ 6:49 AM

Goodness this looks so good, it might even make me, an avowed salmon hater, give it a try, and that’s saying something! Dill Pickle Butter? That just stopped me in my tracks! Excellent….

Grace — June 25, 2008 @ 9:28 AM

talladega nights…oh me. i’m glad you and your mister know how to have fun. :)
    go ahead and add dill pickles and butter to the list of things i would never have thought to combine. amazing.

Pamela — June 25, 2008 @ 11:07 AM

Dill pickle butter sounds like it is worth a try. Everything looks great. But that doesn’t surprise me, you are SO a big deal! :)

VeggieGirl — June 25, 2008 @ 12:31 PM

Oh my goodness, that t-shirt is TOO FUNNY!!! Haha, love it :0)

Oooh, the sauteed fresh corn & tomatoes looks like a perfect accompaniment for the main dish!! Yum!!

Parker — June 25, 2008 @ 1:55 PM

Yes I am all to familiar with the movie quotes, I have seen my husband have full conversations with other guys only rhyming off lines – Ron Burgundy & Old School come to mind. As for the salmon it looks amazing…love salmon and dill and serving it with those tomatoes and corn is good suggestion. You’ve peeked my curiousity with this pB&J salmon.

Jeena — June 25, 2008 @ 2:03 PM

Dill butter sounds fabulous. I love the pics they look so juicy and healthy. VERY DELICIOUS!

ali — June 25, 2008 @ 3:13 PM

i love tarragon. this sounds wonderful. I like how the tomatoes are kept whole in the corn-tomato sauté. looks light and summery and divine.

LyB — June 25, 2008 @ 3:19 PM

That is one fantastic looking plate of salmon! The dill butter is so intriguing. Looks delicious! And you know, Talladega Nights cracks me up too! :)

Ann — June 25, 2008 @ 4:55 PM

Oh, I know Jack would just love this dish! Bookmarked!

Cheryl — June 25, 2008 @ 6:19 PM

I’m with Mike (above) on my skepticism over the pb&j salmon. PB on salmon? Blech.

But your dill pickle butter salmon looks positively scrumptious. Beautiful photos, too.

Sophie — June 25, 2008 @ 7:44 PM

Does the dill butter alter the flavor of the salmon in any way? I’m not a huge fan of it’s fishy taste, but I try to eat it b/c of the Omega-3s, so I’m always trying to find a way to make it a little less fishy :D .

giz — June 26, 2008 @ 12:44 AM

Love the grilled salmon – I could eat grilled salmon right about now – now I’ll obsess all night about it.

Elle — June 26, 2008 @ 1:11 AM

You certainly are a big deal! And this looks amazing!

Jessy and her dog Winnie — June 26, 2008 @ 3:12 AM

Peanutbutter and jelly salmon!?? Wow that has got to taste interesting!

Kristen — June 26, 2008 @ 4:14 AM

This looks so delicious!
    And – that shirt is fantastic! Too funny!

Paula — June 26, 2008 @ 6:41 AM

Always on the lookout for new salmon recipes! Your’s pared with the veggie saute looks yummy! I’ve not seen dill pickle butter before, but now I’m intrigued!

Flanboyant Eats — June 26, 2008 @ 2:41 PM

Im kind of a big deal too! I love the shirt…ha ha ha.

noble pig — June 26, 2008 @ 4:51 PM

This sounds absolutely wonderful, I adore anything with dill pickles. I’m still really curious about the other recipe though.

familiabencomo — June 26, 2008 @ 6:57 PM

You are a big deal! I love your site & I’m happy to hear that your husband cracks you up…. I mean, really, 50 years can be painfully long without some chuckles!

This salmon looks great. I can’t wait to try it here.

xoxox Amy

JennDZ - The Leftover Queen — June 26, 2008 @ 8:49 PM

GORGEOUS! I just love that plate of food Lori, it is perfect summer! :)

That is a great T-shirt too – but I really can’t wait to see this PBJ salmon….I can kinda see how that might be good.

Emiline — June 27, 2008 @ 2:52 AM

That looks magnificent! Such a summery meal.

This is the first I’ve heard about the pb&j salmon…I’ll be waiting…:)

Alison — July 1, 2008 @ 5:04 PM

That looks delicious! I need to tackle fish some time soon. I am cooking my way through Everyday Food for the Dinner Tonight blog. I’ll have to keep my eye out for a good fish recipe.p

Lori Lynn — July 4, 2008 @ 9:01 PM

I’ve been traveling, so I missed a lot of recent blog posts. This is great, I really like this dill pickle butter idea. Fresh corn and tomatoes look so summery too.

Joe Horn — August 1, 2008 @ 12:28 AM

Looks awesome. The dill pickle butter sounds great. I just did some salmon on a plank at my blog. First time using a plank and the grill. Come take a look when you get a chance. http://cookingquest.wordpress.com

Would love your ideas and opinions!

Joe