Snicker’s Bar Tarts

You simply can’t go wrong with a dessert that incorporates your favorite candy bars… especially those that you consumed often (without worries of weight gain) when you were much younger but now rarely indulge (because of worries of weight gain). When’s the last time you ate a regular-sized Snicker’s Bar? Really. Perhaps I’m too weight-conscious, but I don’t believe I can recall eating any kind of candy bar since Halloween. Other desserts… yes… many. For some reason those don’t seem as bad as a candy bar!

I’ve mentioned my fondness for candy bar dessert recipes before. And here’s another one for you to add to your “to-try” list:  Snicker’s Bar Tarts.

See that oozing puddle of chocolate ganache on top??? That sits afloat a filling of peanut butter cheesecake (with a chunk of snickers sneakily hidden inside too!) Since the recipe is from Pillsbury, it’s a quick and easy dessert. The refrigerated pie crusts are used as the base. I don’t see any reason at all to use your best homemade crust since the flavor isn’t focused on the crust in this recipe. But have-at-it if you wish to do it all from scratch.

I do suggest that you give this recipe a shot. They’re tasty little bite-sized (decadent) treats.

This recipe can be found here:  Snickers Bar Mini Tarts

34 Responses to “Snicker’s Bar Tarts”

Rindy R — July 14, 2008 @ 10:11 AM

Wow – It’s 6:09 AM and I want one of those for breakfast!!! Yum! Peanut butter cheesecake and chocolate -can you say Nirvana!! Thanks for sharing!

Mary Coleman — July 14, 2008 @ 11:49 AM

I don’t think I’ve had a snickers bar in years. These look great,Lori!!!

Zita — July 14, 2008 @ 12:04 PM

aww, love the mini size,great flavors to swoon :)

Patsyk — July 14, 2008 @ 12:25 PM

I LOVE snickers bars! These look like such an easy treat to make. I’ll be adding this to my list of things to try!

Sharon — July 14, 2008 @ 12:44 PM

I can’t get myself to eat a whole candy bar either, but somehow I convince myself that cookies & brownies are ok :) I’d make an exception for these as well!

Mike of Mike's Table — July 14, 2008 @ 1:25 PM

I used to eat snickers (and other candy bars) like nobody’s business, but now I just couldn’t fathom it. But these dangerous little treats on the other hand, now THOSE have my name written all over them

dobetter — July 14, 2008 @ 2:24 PM

Peanut Butter cheesecake! Yum. This one is a crowd pleaser for sure.

Parker — July 14, 2008 @ 2:29 PM

Oh god, there is no way I could eat only one of those. Looks amazing.

Jenny — July 14, 2008 @ 2:43 PM

How cute are those? I’d love these for sure!

Laura — July 14, 2008 @ 4:05 PM

I thought I was dessert-ed out after making so many cookies this past weekend, but those look divine!

noble pig — July 14, 2008 @ 4:31 PM

Oh lordy this is sinful…but right up my alley!

Manggy — July 14, 2008 @ 4:43 PM

Snickers are my brother and I’s favorite confection, with Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups :) Naturally these look really good, haha! I think I had a full-size Snickers bar this year. Or maybe 6 bite-size ones in one sitting, sigh :P

Ian — July 14, 2008 @ 6:18 PM

I agree that eating candy bars seem so much more naughtier than any other dessert. But these tarts look soooooo yummy and easy too! Thanks for sharing!

bakerchick103 — July 15, 2008 @ 12:07 AM

Okay. I really, really, REALLY want this recipe, but the link is not working. Help! Im going to go into a snickers withdrawl! Thanks!

Leah — July 15, 2008 @ 3:10 AM

I can’t remember the last time I ate an entire Snickers bar, I adore them!! Love the little tart idea…so darling!

Grace — July 15, 2008 @ 9:42 AM

i’ve become obsessed with miniature desserts. you are not helping me overcome this obsession. :)
    these look perfectly sized and perfectly tasty–nicely done!

cookiedoctor — July 15, 2008 @ 11:43 AM

Hey Lori

Long time no talk. Saw this recipe and knew I had to try it. But……the link is down and I can’t find anything close to it on the Pillsbury site except a cookie variation. Can you save the day?

Thanks…….”Doc”

VeggieGirl — July 15, 2008 @ 11:53 AM

“You simply can’t go wrong with a dessert that incorporates your favorite candy bars” You said it, Recipe Girl!!! WOW do those look decadent and delicious.

RecipeGirl — July 15, 2008 @ 1:55 PM

Sorry everyone about the link not working!!! If you go to my RecipeGirl.com site, click on RECIPES and then click on “Desserts- pies and tarts”, you will see it listed there. I’m on vacation right now and can’t fix it!! Pesky Blogger!

RecipeGirl — July 15, 2008 @ 2:02 PM

Or simply follow the revised instructions in the post for reaching the recipe. It’s in the DESSERTS TARTS/TORTES category. Sorry for the confusion!!

Sara — July 15, 2008 @ 8:29 PM

These are a must try! They look great. I love anything that has a candy bar in them. I love visiting your blog. I have featured you on my blog … http://www.mysisterscucina.blogspot.com , and there is an award there for you. Thanks for the great ideas!

the southern hostess — July 16, 2008 @ 1:03 AM

These look yummy!

Michelle — July 16, 2008 @ 3:31 AM

Those look really good. I haven’t eaten a Snickers in years. They were once my favorite candy bar, back when I was young and still had a metabolism, I ate one everyday. Now, I am old and don’t care. So, I am making these. Thanks.
    And, oh yes, that chickpea salad looks yummy. I’ll make that too — just to even things out a bit.

Elle — July 16, 2008 @ 3:41 AM

Peanut butter cheesecake and Snickers chunks? I’m sold! And if I don’t have to make my own pie crust? That seals the deal, lol.

White On Rice Couple — July 16, 2008 @ 7:29 AM

oh yes, i do see the oozing chocolate!! This is a great recipe! It’s the perfect party finger food!

Tanya — July 16, 2008 @ 4:27 PM

Oh my, YUM!!!

Half Baked — July 16, 2008 @ 11:48 PM

those are a decadent little treat yummmm! Wayyy better than just a candy bar:)

Obsessive Foodie or Food Addict....You Decide — July 17, 2008 @ 2:29 AM

Holy Friggin Sheeeot! I can’t believe my eyes. Snickers is my husbands favorite candy bar. Now I gotta make these!

Nicole — July 17, 2008 @ 3:24 PM

I could eat this for breakfast with my coffee!

The only time I usually eat a snickers bar is while skiing and I haven’t had a chance to do that in nearly 4 years!

Lori Lynn — July 17, 2008 @ 3:46 PM

Oh, those look irresistible!
    We used to keep a bag of the little Snickers bars in the freezer. We liked eating them frozen, haha, I haven’t had one in years!

Deborah — July 17, 2008 @ 8:09 PM

Oh, my – you amaze me! These look and sound so amazing!

Cookie baker Lynn — July 18, 2008 @ 2:16 AM

Oh my gosh, Snickers are my childhood favorite and in this form it looks irresistible! Drool, drool.

Erinn — July 18, 2008 @ 5:33 AM

Ooh, bite sized. I bet you can’t eat just one, wait that’s from a commercial! But it applies here. These look sinful, in a very good way.

Kelsey — July 18, 2008 @ 12:45 AM

These look delicious! Thanks for sharing.