Yield: 24 bars
Prep Time: 25 min
Cook Time: 35 min
A tasty bite-sized dessert with fresh blueberries. Delicious crust. Easy to cut.
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 Tablespoons granulated white sugar
2 teaspoons lemon zest
pinch of salt
1/2 cup butter, chilled and cut into small pieces
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups fresh blueberries
1/4 cup granulated white sugar
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
5 Tablespoons butter, at room temperature
1/2 cup (packed) brown sugar
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup powdered sugar
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease 9x13-inch pyrex pan.
2. Prepare crust: In a medium bowl, stir together flour, sugar, zest and salt. Cut in butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Beat egg and vanilla together; stir into crumb mixture until a dough forms. Press into the bottom of the prepared pan.
3. Bake 12- 15 minutes until golden. Remove from oven and set aside to cool slightly. (Keep oven on)
4. Sprinkle blueberries over the crust. Combine the 1/4 cup sugar and nutmeg; sprinkle over the blueberries.
5. Prepare topping: In a medium bowl, cream together the 5 Tablespoons butter and brown sugar until smooth. Mix in the flour, so that the mixture is crumbly like streusel. Sprinkle over the blueberry layer.
6. Bake for 20- 25 minutes until browned. Cool and then dust with confectioners sugar before cutting into bars.