Chocolate- Mint Snowtop Cookies
Yield: 2 to 3 dozen cookies
Prep Time: 25 min + chill time
Cook Time: 10 min
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups mint flavored semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
6 Tablespoons salted butter, softened
1 cup granulated white sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 large eggs
1. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt; set aside.
2. In double boiler (or a microwave safe bowl), melt 1 cup of chips, stirring until smooth.
3. In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar with an electric mixer until creamy. Add melted chips and vanilla. Beat in eggs. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in remaining chips.
4. Wrap dough in plastic wrap; chill until firm.
5. Preheat oven to 350°F. Shape dough into 1-inch balls; roll in powdered sugar. Place on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 10 to 12 minutes, until tops appear cracked. Let stand 5 minutes on cookie sheet, then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
*If you cannot locate mint chips, just use regular semi-sweet chips and add 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract.