Prep Time: 40 min + cooling time
Cook Time: 36 min
2 Tablespoons salted butter
1 1/4 cups macadamia nuts, coarsely chopped
3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
1/2 cup canned (unsweetened) pure pumpkin
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease cookie sheets.
2. Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add nuts and cook, stirring constantly, until nuts are browned. Remove from heat and cool completely.
3. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, brown sugar, baking powder, salt and pumpkin pie spice; stir well to combine.
4. In a separate bowl, whisk together pumpkin, eggs, and vanilla, stirring well with a wire whisk.
5. Slowly add pumpkin mixture to the flour mixture, stirring until the dry ingredients are moistened. (Mixture will be very crumbly; it will gradually become moist after stirring).
6. Knead or gently stir the cooled nuts into the pumpkin pie biscotti dough. Place the dough on a lightly floured surface and divide into 4 portions. Lightly flour hands and shape each portion into a 1x15-inch long log. Place the logs 3 inches apart on the prepared cookie sheets.
7. Bake for about 23 minutes. Remove from oven and cool for 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 300°F. Cut each log diagonally into 1/2-inch slices using a serrated knife. Place the slices on ungreased cookie sheets. Bake for 15 minutes. Cool completely on wire racks.
*You can also choose to toast the nuts in the oven. Spread nuts in a single layer on a baking sheet. Place in 350 degree oven. Toast until golden, 12 to 15 minutes. Cool completely.
Source: RecipeGirl.com (Adapted from www.Cookie-Recipe-Club.com )