Sand Dollar Cookies
Yield: 3 to 4 dozen cookies
Prep Time: 30 min + chill time
Cook Time: 8 min
Love these fun, summery beach cookies...
1 cup butter, softened
2 cups powdered sugar, sifted
2 large eggs
1 large egg, separated
3 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 cup granulated white sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1. In large bowl, beat butter at medium speed until creamy; gradually add powdered sugar, beating until blended. Add 2 eggs and 1 egg yolk, beating until combined.
2. In separate bowl, combine flour and baking powder. Add to butter mixture, beating at a low speed until blended. Shape dough into a ball, and wrap in plastic wrap. Chill for about an hour, until firm.
3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare cookie sheets with lightly greased parchment paper.
4. Roll dough to 1/8-inch thickness on a lightly floured surface; cut with a 3-inch round cutter. Place on prepared cookie sheets; brush with lightly beaten egg white.
5. Stir together sugar and cinnamon, and sprinkle evenly over cookies. Gently press 5 almond slices in a spoke design around the center of each cookie.
6. Bake 4 minutes; remove pan from oven, and gently press almonds into cookies again. Bake 4 minutes more, or until edges are lightly browned. Remove cookies to wire racks to cool.
Source: RecipeGirl.com (Adapted from Southern Living)