Sunburst Lemon Bars
Yield: 36 bars
Prep Time: 25 min
Cook Time: 50 min
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 cup salted butter, softened
4 large eggs, slightly beaten
2 cups granulated white sugar
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
2 to 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Prepare the crust: In a large bowl, combine the crust ingredients and use an electric mixer to combine until crumbly. Press the mixture evenly into the bottom of an ungreased 13x9-inch pan. Bake 20 to 25 min., or until lightly browned.
3. Prepare the filling: In a large bowl, combine the filling ingredients using an electric mixer. Pour the filling over the crust. Bake 25 to 30 min., or until the top is light golden brown. Let cool.
4. Prepare the glaze: In a small bowl, combine the powdered sugar and enough lemon juice for a desired glaze consistency. Blend with an electric mixer until smooth. Drizzle over the cooled bars.
5. Cut into bars when glaze is set.