A favorite cookie recipe: Texas Almond Crunch Cookies
We love these crispy, crunchy almond cookies with the sweet taste of toffee!
Yield: 4 to 5 dozen cookies
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 14 minutes
Texas Almond Crunch Cookies
- 1 cup granulated white sugar
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 large eggs
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 2 cups almonds, coarsely chopped
- One 6-ounce package butter toffee baking bits
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to combine the sugars, butter and oil until well blended. Add the almond extract and eggs and mix well.
- In separate bowl, whisk together the flours, baking soda, salt and cream of tartar. Add the dry mixture to the sugars and mix at a low speed until well blended.
- Stir in the almonds and toffee bits. Form balls with about 1 tablespoon of dough per ball. Roll in granulated sugar and place 5 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets. With a fork dipped in sugar, flatten the ball of dough with criss-cross fork pattern.
- Bake 12 to 18 minutes, until golden brown and crisp.
SOURCE: RecipeGirl.com (recipe given to me... not sure of original source)