Yield: 12 servings
Prep Time: 40 min
Cook Time: 30 min
This is definitely a most decadent dessert. Worthy of making if you're a Milky Way fan!
8 (1 3/4 ounce) Milky Way Bars
1 1/2 cups (3 sticks) butter, divided
2 cups granulated white sugar
4 large eggs, well beaten
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/4 cups buttermilk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups granulated white sugar
1 cup evaporated milk
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
1 cup jarred marshmallow creme
6 ounces milk chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease and dust with powdered sugar three 9" cake pans.
2. In a double boiler, melt candy bars with 1/2 cup butter. Remove from heat and let cool.
3. Cream remaining 1 cup of butter with the sugar. Add beaten eggs and cooled chocolate mixture.
4. Sift flour and baking soda together. Alternately add flour and buttermilk to the batter, blending well. Add vanilla.
5. Divide batter between three cake pans. Bake 30 to 40 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
6. To prepare frosting: Combine sugar and evaporated milk. Cook to a soft-ball stage. Remove from heat and add butter, marshmallow cream and chocolate chips, stirring until all have melted.
7. Frost as a three layer cake.