Easy Lemon Pound Cake
Yield: 10 to 12 servings
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 55 min
When you need a simple cake to throw together, this one is a great option.
1 box Lemon Cake Mix
1 small box of lemon instant pudding
3/4 cup apricot nectar
3/4 cup vegetable or canola oil
4 large eggs
1/2 cup water
2 Tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 cup powdered sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 10" tube or bundt pan.
2. In large bowl, combine the cake ingredients. Mix well.
3. Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 55 minutes.
4. Prepare glaze just as cake is coming out of the oven. Sift powdered sugar into a medium sized bowl. Add lemon juice and stir until smooth. Add more sugar or juice, if needed. The glaze should be thick and creamy.
5. Gently remove cake from the pan and pour glaze over cake while hot.
*Place a baking rack over waxed paper, put cake on baking rack and let glaze drizzle off of the sides of the cake onto the waxed paper- easy clean up!