Yield: 8 servings
Prep Time: 25 min
Cook Time: 1 hr, 5 min
1/3 cup salted butter, softened
1/3 cup granulated white sugar
1 large egg
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
Two 8-ounce packages cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup granulated white sugar
1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 large eggs
1 cup sour cream
1 tablespoon granulated white sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
berries for serving, optional
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Prepare the crust: In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy; blend in the egg. Add the flour and mix until well- combined. Spread the dough on the bottom and 1 1/2-inches up the sides of a 9-inch springform pan. Bake for 5 minutes.
3. Prepare the filling: In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to combine the cream cheese, sugar, zest and vanilla at medium speed until well-blended. Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Pour the filling on top of the baked crust. Bake for 50 minutes.
4. Prepare the topping: Stir together the topping ingredients in a medium bowl and spread evenly over the baked cheesecake; continue baking for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and set on a cool stove. Loosen the cake from the rim of the pan; cool before removing the rim of the pan completely. Chill for a few hours before serving.
5. Serve with fresh berries.