GROUND ALMOND TORTE
1 cup whole toasted almonds
¾ cup butter, softened
¾ cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
½ tsp vanilla extract
¼ tsp almond extract
¾ cup flour
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a food processor, whirl 2/3 cup of the toasted almonds, half at a time, stirring every 15 seconds, until very finely ground. Watch carefully; if processed too much, the nuts will turn to butter!
3. In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla and almond extract. On low speed, thoroughly mix in flour and ground almonds.
4. Scrape mixture into a buttered 8 or 9″ tart pan with a removeable bottom. Smooth surface of batter with a spatula. Arrange remaining whole toasted almonds on top (in a decorative manner).
5. Bake until center springs back (25-30 minutes). Cool on a wire rack. Remove pan sides.
PRINT THIS RECIPE using your browser’s ‘print’ function. It’s automatically formatted to print recipe & picture only.
RATE THIS RECIPE[ratings]