1 cup granulated sugar
2 Tbs vegetable oil
1/8 tsp salt
¼ cup sifted flour
2 tsp freshly grated lemon peel
1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
1½ cups scalded milk, cooled until lukewarm
3 large egg yolks, beaten
3 large egg whites, beaten stiff
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
2. In large bowl, combine sugar, oil, salt and flour. Add lemon peel and juice.
3. Stir milk into beaten egg yolks. Add to lemon mixture. Fold in egg whites.
4. Pour into 8 ungreased custard cups. Set in a pan of warm water and bake 40 minutes, or until set when tested with a knife.
5. Serve warm or chilled. Turn out custard cups onto small dessert plates and top with whipped cream.
PRINT THIS RECIPE using your browser’s ‘print’ function. It’s automatically formatted to print recipe & picture only.
RATE THIS RECIPE[ratings]