Yield: 10 servings
Prep Time: 20 min
Cook Time: 30 min
Oh Yeah.... we made this for a family get-together. The kids demolished it before the adults could even get to it!!
1/2 cup granulated white sugar
2 Tablespoons butter
2 Tablespoons water
1 1/3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 large eggs
2/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
ice cream, any flavor
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup evaporated milk
1/4 cup granulated white sugar
1 Tablespoon butter
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 9-inch pie plate with nonstick spray.
2. Combine sugar, butter and water in medium saucepan. Cook over medium-heat, stirring occasionally, just until mixture comes to a boil. Remove from heat. Immediately add chocolate chips; stir until melted. Remove from heat and let cool for a few minutes. Add eggs; beat with spoon until well-blended.
3. Stir together flour, baking soda and salt. Add to chocolate mixture; stir until well-blended. Stir in vanilla and nuts, if desired; pour into prepared pie plate.
4. Bake 25-30 minutes or until almost set. (pie will not test done in center) Cool.
5. Prepare Fudge Sauce: Combine all sauce ingredients in medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH 1 minute; stir. If necessary, microwave on HIGH an additional 15 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating, just until chips are melted and mixture is smooth.
6. Top warm pie with scoops of ice cream and prepared sauce.
Source: RecipeGirl.com (via Hershey's Classic Recipes)