Yield: One 9-inch pie (not deep dish)
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Fresh Blueberry Pie
- 1/2 cup granulated white sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 to 5 cups fresh blueberries
- 2 (9-inch) pie crusts
- 1 Tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- Heat oven to 425°F.
- In a medium bowl, stir together sugar and flour. Stir in blueberries.
- Place one of the crusts into a 9-inch pie pan and pour the blueberry mixture onto crust, sprinkle with lemon juice and dot with butter.
- Cover with second crust, seal and crimp edges. Cut slits in the top of the crust and bake for approximately 35 to 45 minutes, until crust is golden and the blueberry filling is bubbling.
*If you'd prefer a thicker filling, mix in 1 tablespoon cornstarch or tapioca when you toss the blueberries with the flour.