Yield: 8 to 10 servings
Prep Time: 25 min + freeze time
1 1/4 cups finely crushed vanilla wafers
6 tablespoons salted butter, melted
One 8-ounce package cream cheese, softened
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1/4 cup granulated white sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 can whole cranberry sauce (16-ounces)
1. Combine crumbs and butter. Press onto the bottom and sides of a 9-inch pie plate. Chill until firm.
2. In large bowl, use an electric mixer to beat cream cheese until fluffy.
3. In separate bowl, use an electric mixer to combine the whipping cream, sugar and vanilla; whip until thickened but not stiff. Gradually add to the cream cheese, beating until smooth and creamy. Use a rubber spatula to fold in the cranberry sauce, reserving a few whole cranberries for garnish.
4. Spoon into the crust; freeze until firm.
5. Remove from freezer 10 minutes before serving. Top with additional whipped cream and reserved cranberries.
*To crush vanilla wafers, place in a freezer ziploc and mash with a meat tenderizer (or use food processor).