ICE CREAM CHEESECAKE WITH HOT CHOCOLATE SAUCE
Two ½ pint cartons of whipping cream
6 large eggs, separated
2 cups granulated sugar
Two 8oz. packages cream cheese, softened
pinch of salt
1 Tbs vanilla extract
One 10-12oz. bag graham cracker crumbs, divided
1 cup granulated sugar
3 Tbs cocoa
pinch of salt
4 Tbs flour
1 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 Tbs butter
1. To make cake: Beat whipping cream with mixer until thick; then refrigerate.
2. Beat egg whites with mixer until stiff and set aside.
3. Cream sugar, egg yolks, cream cheese and salt.
4. Fold together whipped cream and egg whites. Add vanilla and mix well. Fold whipped cream mixture into the cream cheese mixture.
5. Layer the bottom of a 9×13″ pan with ½ the graham cracker crumbs. Pour the entire mixture over the crumbs and sprinkle reserved crumbs on top. Cover and freeze overnight.
6. To make sauce: In saucepan, mix sugar, cocoa, salt and flour. Add milk and stir slowly until mixture thickens and boils. Boil for 1 minute; remove from heat and add vanilla and butter. Cool and pour over frozen cake. Slice and serve immediately.
*You can pour the sauce over the entire cake, or you may choose to pour sauce over individual servings.
PRINT THIS RECIPE using your browser’s ‘print’ function. It’s automatically formatted to print recipe & picture only.
RATE THIS RECIPE[ratings]