Blue Cheese Burgers
Yield: 4 servings
Prep Time: 20 min
Cook Time: 10 min
1 pound lean ground beef
4 scallions, finely chopped
1 teaspoon salt
black pepper to taste
2 tablespoons fresh sage, finely chopped
6 slices blue cheese (sliced from a wedge)
1. Place ground beef into a large bowl; add scallions, salt, pepper and sage and mix well together.
2. Divide meat mixture into 4 equal portions, and then divide each portion into 2, giving 8 portions of meat. Flatten each into a burger shape.
3. Place a slice of cheese on top of 4 of the burgers and top with the remaining 4, sealing with a little bit of water.
4. Heat grill and cook burgers about 4 minutes per side, or until done.
5. Serve on toasted rolls topped with another half slice of cheese, lettuce and tomato.