SICILIAN- STYLE POT ROAST
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
2½ lbs beef pot roast
1 tsp red pepper flakes
3 cloves garlic, chopped
1 cup red wine
1 quart prepared tomato sauce
grated peel and juice of one lemon
½ cup kalamata olives, pitted and halved
2 Tbs chopped fresh Italian Parsley
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
2. In a heavy sauté pan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add red pepper flakes and garlic to the sauté pan; cook until the aroma is apparent. Add wine and simmer until the liquid is reduced by half. Add tomato sauce, grated lemon peel, and olives. Bring to a simmer.
3. Place the pot roast in the sauce, cover the pan and gently heat until an internal temperature of 150° F. is reached (approximately 30 minutes).
4. Add lemon juice and chopped parsley to the sauce and check for needed additional seasoning.
5. To serve, slice pot roast and drizzle with sauce.
PRINT THIS RECIPE using your browser’s ‘print’ function. It’s automatically formatted to print recipe & picture only.
RATE THIS RECIPE[ratings]
“Terrific with the roasted garlic mashed potatoes.”