Slow Cooked Beef Burgundy
Yield: 8 servings
Prep Time: 30 min
Cook Time: 7 hrs
4 slices bacon
2 pounds beef stew meat, cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
2 large carrots, cut into 1-inch chunks
1 medium onion, sliced
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram leaves
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
One 10 1/2-ounce can beef broth
1/2 cup burgundy or dry red wine
1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
One 8-ounce package (3 cups) sliced fresh mushrooms
One 16-ounce package uncooked egg noodles
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
1. In a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp. Drain on paper towels; crumble. In 3 1/2 to 4-quart slow cooker, combine cooked bacon, beef, carrots, and onion.
2. In a small bowl, combine flour, marjoram, pepper and garlic powder. With wire whisk, stir in broth, wine and worcestershire sauce until smooth. Add to mixture in slow cooker; stir to combine.
3. Cover; cook on high setting for 1 hour.
4. Reduce heat to low setting; cook an additional 5 to 6 hours or until beef is tender.
5. Stir in mushrooms. Increase heat to high setting; cover and cook and additional 30 minutes or until mushrooms are tender. Meanwhile, cook noodles to desired doneness as directed on package. Drain.
6. Serve beef mixture over noodles; sprinkle with parsley.
Source: RecipeGirl.com (via Pillsbury One- Dish Meals Cookbook)