Yield: 6 servings
Prep Time: 30 min
Cook Time: 30 min
Chicken Breasts in Phyllo
3/4 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup chopped green onion
1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 clove minced garlic
1 teaspoon dried tarragon
6 chicken breast halves, skinless/boneless
salt and pepper
12 sheets phyllo dough
3/4 cup melted butter
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. In medium bowl, combine mayo, green onion, lemon juice, garlic, and tarragon. Blend well.
3. Lightly sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
4. Place a sheet of phyllo on working surface. Quickly brush with melted butter. Spread about 1 1/2 tablespoons of sauce on each side of a chicken breast. Place breast in one corner of buttered phyllo sheet. Place another buttered phyllo sheet on top, and fold corner over breast. Fold sides over and roll breast up in the sheets to form a package. Place in an ungreased baking dish. Repeat with remaining breasts and phyllo sheets.
5. Brush packets with rest of butter and sprinkle with Parmesan.
6. Bake 30-35 minutes, until golden.
*Pound breasts with meat tenderizer to even out thickness.
*Phyllo is sometimes tricky to work with- be sure to cover with a damp towel so they do not dry out.
Cupcakes at Ninety Three Next Post »
Chicken Breasts Stuffed with Goat Cheese and Sun-Dried Tomatoes