Yield: 8 servings
Prep Time: 40 min
Cook Time: 50 min
3 pounds boneless chicken, cut into 8 serving pieces
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
8 ounces chorizo sausage, cut into slices
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 sprigs parsley, minced
4 red peppers, seeded and cut into strips lengthwise
1 large onion, cut in half and sliced
1 cup dry white wine
8 small asparagus
salt and pepper to taste
1. Dip chicken in flour and set aside.
2. Heat oil in a large heavy skillet. Brown chicken in oil, a few pieces at a time, on both sides (no need to cook through). Remove to a warm plate.
3. Brown sausage slices and remove to a plate.
4. Sauté garlic, parsley, peppers and onion in skillet. Stir frequently and cook over medium-heat for 8-10 minutes, or until vegetables are soft. Add sausage, chicken and wine to skillet. Cover tightly and simmer over low heat for another 30 minutes, or until chicken is tender.
5. While chicken is simmering, steam asparagus until just tender.
6. Transfer chicken mixture to a platter, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and garnish with asparagus.