This recipe is gluten free adaptable- see tips below…
Yield: 4 servings
Prep Time: 30 min
Cook Time: 6 min
Chili- Rubbed Chicken w/ Avocado- Mango Salsa
Perfect tucked inside tortillas for tacos!
4 halves (about 1 3/4 pounds) boneless chicken breasts
1/4 cup tomato paste
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
3 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
1 medium (about 1 pound) mango, peeled & diced into 1/2-inch pieces
1 medium avocado, peeled & diced into 1/2-inch pieces
1 medium red bell pepper, cored, seeded & diced into 1/4-inch pieces
3 Tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
2 medium limes
kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Cut chicken breast halves lengthwise into 1/2-inch wide strips.
2. In a medium bowl, combine tomato paste, chili powder, garlic powder and 1 Tablespoon of the olive oil. Add the chicken strips and stir to coat. Marinate for 10 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, combine mango, avocado, red pepper, cilantro and the juice of 1 lime in a medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cut the remaining lime into wedges.
4. Heat remaining 2 Tablespoons olive oil in medium sauté pan over medium-high heat. Season chicken strips with salt and pepper. Sauté chicken, stirring often, until they're firm to the touch and uniformly opaque, 3 to 4 minutes. Turn off the heat and let sit for 1 minute.
5. Set chicken strips on a platter, top with the salsa, and serve with lime wedges.
*If you're preparing this dish as GLUTEN FREE, just be sure to use a brand of garlic powder that is know to be GF.
*Look for just-ripe avocados and mangoes- they should give slightly when flesh is squeezed (not too soft).
*Try serving this inside corn tortillas for a little taco-action.
Source: RecipeGirl.com (Adapted from Fine Cooking)
Chicken with Lime Butter Next Post »
Creamy Chicken and Rice Casserole with Peas, Carrots, and Cheddar