GREEN CHICKEN ENCHILADAS
4 breasts chicken, skinless/boneless, cooked and cut into small pieces
8 oz cream cheese, softened
1 small onion, chopped finely
salt to taste
1 lb tomatillos
1 cup water
4 oz can green salsa
1 cup heavy whipping cream
15 corn tortillas
2 Tbs vegetable oil
8 oz Monterey Jack cheese, grated
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In large bowl, mix chicken, cream cheese and onion. Season to taste with salt and set aside.
3. In large saucepan, cook tomatillos in water over low heat until tender (about 10 minutes). Cool, drain, and then liquefy in a blender for a minute or so.
4. Transfer tomatillo mixture to a bowl and add salsa and cream. Whisk until well-blended. Set aside.
5. In medium skillet, soften tortillas in hot oil. Drain well. Place one T. of the tomatillo sauce in a tortilla with 1 T. chicken mixture. Roll and place in 13×9″ baking dish, seam side down. Repeat with remaining tortillas. Pour remaining sauce over enchiladas and top with cheese.
6. Bake for 30 minutes.
PRINT THIS RECIPE using your browser’s ‘print’ function. It’s automatically formatted to print recipe & picture only.
RATE THIS RECIPE[ratings]