Tyler Florence’s Cold Sesame Noodles

Peanut butter lovers… this one’s for YOU!

Ah, Tyler Florence… he’s one of those chefs that I actually *watch* on Food Network… sometimes because he’s just easy-on-the-eyes, and sometimes because he’s making something droolworthy like these Cold Sesame Noodles.

Chinese egg pasta is tossed with a peanut buttery sauce to create a creamy Asian-style noodle dish. Cool, sliced cucumbers act as a refreshing accompaniment and a welcomed bite among the rich flavors.

Throw some chicken in the mix to create a main dish, or serve this up as a side to Asian Lettuce Wraps or Hoisin- Lime Marinated Chicken.

This recipe comes from TF’s cookbook, Tyler’s Ultimate… loads of appetizing pictures and good-sounding recipes. It’s a definite keeper.

We thought these noodles were great, but I really think you have to be a peanut butter fan to enjoy this one. My 7 year old (an avid pb lover) renamed it, “Peanut Butter Spaghetti.”

This recipe can be found HERE.

33 Responses to “Tyler Florence’s Cold Sesame Noodles”

Clumbsy Cookie — September 15, 2008 @ 7:40 AM

I think I could have that as a dessert!

hot garlic — September 15, 2008 @ 12:47 PM

I agree with Clumsy! Oh man, I love Tyler. He is easy on the eyes -and his food is the best in my opinion. If he is making it, you know it will be good.

HoneyB — September 15, 2008 @ 2:04 PM

I would probably love this because I am a PB fan. I think adding some sugar snap peas would be a good idea…I will have to try the recipe!

Adam — September 15, 2008 @ 2:23 PM

Tyler is one of the cooks I really like on Food Tv. His meals are always look amazing, and he has tons of good tips.

I’m a peanutbutter freak, so these noodles are going to be a homerun over here :)

Pam — September 15, 2008 @ 3:31 PM

Yum. This looks so tasty. I agree with you, Tyler Florence it easy on the eyes and makes great food!

Maria — September 15, 2008 @ 3:34 PM

I usually enjoy a good Tyler recipe. This one looks awesome!!

Manggy — September 15, 2008 @ 3:54 PM

Actually, I haven’t tried any of TF’s dishes, but the stuff he does on T’s Ultimate does look good. As do these noodles! I’ve seen a Cook’s Illustrated version I’ve yet to try :)

Katrina — September 15, 2008 @ 4:12 PM

I love watching Tyler for the same reasons as you! I always thought it would be fun to have him come 911 at my house!
    Oh, I got off track, the noodles look yummy.

Aggie — September 15, 2008 @ 4:42 PM

Tyler is definately easy on the eyes. I have such a crush on him! : )

I am a huge PB fan…this looks and sounds delicious. I love what your son calls it! That’s hysterical.

Deborah — September 15, 2008 @ 5:11 PM

I really like Tyler’s Ultimate and have been considering getting this cookbook. This sounds delicious!

noble pig — September 15, 2008 @ 6:05 PM

Ah Tyler, he’s the ultimate! Doesn’t he do food 911…maybe we should call….

This looks amazing and his recipes always turn out good!

Webinsider — September 16, 2008 @ 1:00 AM

Hello Recipe Girl:

I am a fellow blogger who learned it the hard way that getting traffic for a blog is a very painful process.

After being frustrated for several months, I started a project so that we bloggers can help each other in growing our reader base.

Blogoxy guarantees to bring more readers to your blog. Take a look and please give me your feedback.

Best Regards,
    ~deek

CookiePie — September 16, 2008 @ 2:01 AM

OOOOH – cold sesame noodles, one of the world’s most perfect dishes. Now I know what’s for dinner tomorrow night!!

jillian — September 16, 2008 @ 2:04 AM

I love peanut butter noodles and Tyler Florence but I have never made this. It looks really good!

That Girl — September 16, 2008 @ 4:12 AM

My dad used to make something just like this growing up – so good!

alexandra's kitchen — September 16, 2008 @ 5:09 AM

these sound awesome. Do you think soba noodles could work with this recipe? these look like a dish dish to serve on a hot, late summer evening. yum!

VeggieGirl — September 16, 2008 @ 10:25 AM

Oh yes, I DEFINITELY watch Tyler Florence on Food Network (sometimes I watch HIM more than what he’s actually cooking, haha – can you blame me though? He’s very good-looking!!)

I’m OBSESSED with all types of nut-butters and seed-butters, and so of COURSE I’d love a dish made with peanut butter sauce!! Yum!!

Prudy — September 16, 2008 @ 12:55 PM

I’ve made this recipe before and loved it. Give me my noodles, cold, warm, hot-anyway you’ve got them I’ll lvoe them.

Maria — September 16, 2008 @ 1:30 PM

Delish!

You have an award waiting for you at my blog ;o)

Maria
    x

Cookie baker Lynn — September 16, 2008 @ 3:42 PM

Peanut butter spaghetti? I’m in!

Proud Italian Cook — September 16, 2008 @ 7:26 PM

I’ve made quite a few things from “cutie pie” Tyler, and enjoyed every single thing. But I love the name your son gave it better!

Rhyleysgranny — September 16, 2008 @ 10:20 PM

I love peanut butter but I’ve never used it in savoury food. This looks so yummy. I like it being called peanut butter spaghetti LOL

Laura — September 16, 2008 @ 10:50 PM

Peanut butter and noodles–it might be my kids’ dream dish!

Heather — September 16, 2008 @ 11:17 PM

ohh i love love love sesame noodles! these look delicious!!

Nicole — September 16, 2008 @ 11:41 PM

Oh yes. I love peanut butter Thai type noodles. YUUUUUMMM.

Kristen — September 17, 2008 @ 12:25 AM

Oh yes – TF is so easy on the eyes. Mmmmmm… Oh, and this recipe looks yum too :)

Barbara Bakes — September 17, 2008 @ 12:28 AM

Looks delicous! I left you an award on my blog.

Elle — September 17, 2008 @ 3:45 AM

I love peanut butter noodles. I love Tyler Florence. So I know these must be delicious! I especially love the idea of adding some chicken.

keywesthaven1@msn.com (Terry) — September 17, 2008 @ 4:40 AM

Nice blog! Makes me hungry. ;)

thank you for the viewing.

A fellow blogger,

Terry

Hillary — September 17, 2008 @ 5:09 PM

I love ordering this as an appetizer at restaurants. Now I should make this at home! Thanks!

dobetter — September 18, 2008 @ 4:13 AM

mmm, mmm, mmm, good…your noodles look yummy.

Rosie — September 18, 2008 @ 5:25 PM

This looks delsih one I’d love to try out!

Rosie x

Danielle — October 13, 2008 @ 6:01 AM

So I’m up blogging around in the wee hours of the morning getting the munchies and saw your post for these sesame noodles and had to have them! I always crave spicy asian food late at night. So made them really fast, added a little orange juice to my sauce cuz it seemed a little thick, rinsed my noodles before adding the oil and added some red pepper flakes because I’m a little crazy that way. Thanks for the post.