LUSCIOUS NOODLE- FREE LASAGNA
½ lb (7½ cups) fresh spinach
2 lbs zucchini, cut lengthwise into 1/8-inch-thick slices
15 ounces part skim ricotta
1 large egg white
½ cup grated reduced-fat Parmesan, divided
2 Tbs chopped fresh basil
1 tsp salt, divided
¼ tsp freshly grated nutmeg
14.5 ounce can whole peeled tomatoes
½ small yellow or red onion, quartered
1 clove garlic
¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
1 cup grated part-skim mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat oven to 425°F. Coat an 8 x 8-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
2. Coat a large skillet with cooking spray; heat over high heat. Add spinach; stir until leaves wilt, about 5 minutes. Place in a colander.
3. Coat skillet with cooking spray again; heat over high heat. Cook zucchini in batches, 2 to 3 minutes per side; drain on paper towels. Squeeze excess moisture from spinach. Mix spinach, ricotta, egg white, ¼ cup of the Parmesan, basil, ½ tsp. of salt and nutmeg in a bowl; set aside.
4. In a food processor, puree tomatoes, onion, garlic, pepper, and remaining ½ tsp. salt. Spread half of the sauce on the bottom of the prepared pan. Layer zucchini on top, then half of the ricotta mixture. Add a layer of zucchini and remaining half of ricotta and sauce. Sprinkle with mozzarella and remaining ¼ cup Parmesan.
5. Bake, uncovered, until cheese browns, about 30 minutes. Cool slightly before cutting.
Recipe Source: Self
PRINT THIS RECIPE using your browser’s ‘print’ function. It’s automatically formatted to print recipe & picture only.
RATE THIS RECIPE[ratings]