How to Do the Impossible (Lose Weight) When You’re a Food Blogger

“How do you stay so thin with all of those decadent treats you bake?”
This question was thrust upon me many times in my first year of blogging. I’d love to say that I’m this magical being who can eat anything and everything and never gain weight. I’m not. I’ve lived my life never feeling thin. Even when I was thin, I never felt thin. I’m not skinny, but I wouldn’t say I’m truly fat either. My brave admission is that I’m at a weight that’s uncomfortable, and I’m ready to do something about it. I’ve decided to share an honest account of my weight struggle with readers. My hope is that I may find others who experience the same struggle, and perhaps I’ll inspire people to reflect upon their own lifestyles.

As you can see from the diet-friendly portion of my cookbook collection, I’ve obviously had the desire to lose weight many times before. Yes, I’ve tried most of the diets… Jenny Craig, Atkins, South Beach, Biggest Loser, Weight Watchers & more. I know how to lose weight… I just don’t know how to do it and keep it off forever. It comes off, it comes back. It comes off, and then it comes back plus a few more. Recently, I realized that I’ve gained a significant amount of weight since my wedding (14 years ago). I feel that’s just unacceptable, and there’s just no reason for it. I care enough about myself to begin taking care of me, and to make sure I’m healthy a good long time for my family. My ever-supportive husband is all for implenting healthy changes in our lives.

So why share this personal journey with readers? I figure if it’s all down here in writing, I might actually take this opportunity seriously and truly develop a healthier lifestyle. It will be helpful for me to write about my experience and hear your feedback and advice along the way.

I’ve recently been inspired by Ari’s story (Baking and Books). She really has transformed herself into a healthier person, yet she continues to blog about delicious food. Kalyn’s Kitchen is a constant source of inspiration with her lower carb South Beach friendly recipes and ongoing encouragement of other weight strugglers. And Camilla’s Enlightened Cooking blog is also a terrific resource (I just ordered her cookbook “Enlightened Soups“).

Obviously, food is the problem. I love food. I love making it, and I love sampling it. I love carbs and I love sweets. So what plan should I follow? How can I manage to blog about amazing food but lose this godawful weight that I don’t wish to be burdened with any more?

Here’s the plan:

1. I will most definitely still be blogging about delicious food, even desserts. I just can’t give that up. Blogging makes me happy. Anything decadent that I make will be given to others to enjoy. I will chew gum in lieu of sampling cookie dough :)

2. You might begin to see more healthy recipes from me (if they’re good). I’ll be taking a peek at my little-used, healthier cookbooks. There must be some good recipes in there somewhere.

3. I’m not considering this a ‘diet’ per se, but rather a healthy lifestyle change. I’m going to focus on a lower fat, lower carb lifestyle. I’ll be avoiding red meats for the most part, things with a lot of sugar and white flour. Instead I’ll be cooking with fish, chicken, turkey, whole grain products and lots of fruits and vegetables. Please let me know if you have good resources or suggestions for amazing products that I should try.

4. Exercise must definitely be a part of my life every single day, and a few days a week I will double my workout. I will walk/bike my son to school and then head to the gym to attend a class or work on the machines. I’ve been told that increasing strength is important at my age, so I’ll be incorporating weights into my weekly routine. I will exercise even when I don’t want to, and I’ll exercise past the point where I wish to stop.

And finally the big news… I watch each round of The Biggest Loser with great interest and admiration. If I had this trainer to encourage and push me to my limits for a couple of hours on a daily basis, I have no doubt that I would reach skinnydom in no time at all. But I’m afraid I’m not heavy enough to be on The Biggest Loser. Instead, I’ll be taking part in my local gym’s Biggest Loser competition. Encouragement and support are key, and this sort of competitive thing works well for me. Of course I plan to win (or at least do really well trying)!

What kind of results am I looking for?
I don’t have any numbers in mind, but I’d like to feel good. I want to fit into the smaller sized clothes in my closet, and I’d like to be physically toned and fit. I’d mostly just like to look in the mirror and see a healthier me.

I’ll be posting recipes as usual on my blog, and you’ll still see great things to eat… I’m not turning this into a ‘health-food-blog’ or anything, but I’ll include a link to my progress if you’re interested in following along. My Weight Struggle Journal will begin in tomorrow’s post. I’ll post my daily thoughts, menus and an exercise log on that post only. You can bookmark that post and check in once in a while if you’d like to see what I’ve been up to.

My healthy journey begins today. I’m definitely not an expert at this, so I’m open to hearing suggestions or encouragement along the way. And if you’re not interested in reading about my weight struggle, my regular recipe posts will resume later this week.

66 Responses to “How to Do the Impossible (Lose Weight) When You’re a Food Blogger”

Susan — January 12, 2009 @ 12:42 PM

Oh my God! I read your post and was hearing myself! I am feeling the same way and I haven’t posted for a few days because I’m feeling like I cant make another indulgent recipe or if I make something “Healthy” no one will want to read it….well I’m getting on the bandwagon too. Healthy food- Healthy Blog- Healthy Me! Thanks for putting into words what I wanted to say!

Gretchen Noelle — January 12, 2009 @ 1:04 PM

Love that you are sharing, know that it will be an encouragement to others, namely me! I so want to get back to healthy living and I am not even sure what deterred me!

Half Baked — January 12, 2009 @ 2:07 PM

Good luck! I’ve felt the same way since Christmas. All that food has left me craving a healthier eating.
    I can’t wait to see your healthier recipes!

Tara — January 12, 2009 @ 2:15 PM

You can do it! you have the right mindset and approach…diets always fail. But lifestyle changes will stick….i would love to see good homemade healthy meals that my family would actually eat. those are hard to come by, but you always post the most amazing food….so i have no doubt you’ll find some great healthy food; however…..I ? your desserts with a passion…PLEASE don’t stop those!

Sandy Smith — January 12, 2009 @ 2:32 PM

You go girl! That’s the thing about being a food blogger ~ there’s always the food! When even my son, a (teenage!) wrestler trying to make weight, begged me to stop making cookies and cakes every week, I knew it was time to make the very hard decision to quit Tuesdays with Dorie.

I am a firm believer in the “all things in moderation” philosophy of balanced eating, so I don’t omit desserts and foods like pizza and calzones, but I make them myself and we try to limit these to the weekends and special occasions.

I try to think like a chef: ‘I taste everything I make, and make a taste suffice.’ :)

Best wishes ~ can’t wait to hear how your journey progresses!

rayrena — January 12, 2009 @ 2:45 PM

I’ll LOVE seeing some healthy recipes! The day after Christmas I couldn’t take it anymore with all the baked goods and extra pounds so I started exercising seriously again and have even stopped reading a lot of food blogs because it makes me want to cook and eat :-/

I’m taking the lazy way out though, not even trying to make eating interesting, just healthy and tasty so I’ll need your help :)

ovenhaven — January 12, 2009 @ 2:54 PM

I was inspired by Ari’s blog post as well, and am trying to figure out better plans for a healthier lifestyle. It’s so difficult with all the baking, and like you, I love my desserts!

Thank you for sharing your journey with us; I’ll definitely be popping by to see your healthier posts :) And best of luck! You can do it!

Likes Chocolate — January 12, 2009 @ 3:04 PM

Yes, I am have been asking myself a similar question the last few weeks. How to lose weight when I want to make so many of the yummy recipes from the food bloggers collection. I think I have been even gaining weight just looking at the recipes. Good luck you can do it!!!!!

Patsyk — January 12, 2009 @ 3:12 PM

I’ve been struggling as well – even more so since I started blogging. I will be following along with your lifestyle change, and trying to incorporate changes into mine as well. I’m already making healthier recipes so, I figure I’m off to a good start. I’m looking forward to the new recipes you’ll be sharing!

Remember to take baby-steps… you shouldn’t try to change everything all at once.

Lisa — January 12, 2009 @ 3:20 PM

Good for you. I am doing the same and have posted some healthy recipes. When I make sweets, I will be giving mine away also. Good luck.

Meg — January 12, 2009 @ 3:30 PM

What a great idea. I think your feelings have and will strike a chord with most people. We all have the best of intentions but sticking with it is another story. I have a lot of the same books. I highly recommend the recipes from “The Foods You Crave” by Elie Krieger as well as the Weight Watchers Cookbook. I can always find a delicious/easy meal in either cookbook. I look forward to seeing some healthy alternatives on your site. Good luck!

sarah — January 12, 2009 @ 3:32 PM

As a brand new food blogger, I have been wondering the same… how in the world can I keep this up while trying to make healthier choices as well? I am glad to see someone else on the same page as me, and I am really looking forward to your future posts. Good luck!

justeatfood — January 12, 2009 @ 3:36 PM

Good luck to you! There is something to be said about putting things out there in writting. Looks like you will have tremendous support! I tried on a bathing suit yesterday…no more chips for me…boo…

Best,
    Emily

Robin Sue — January 12, 2009 @ 3:37 PM

I think you are off to a great start. I see all your Power Workout Tweets and think “I need to work out!” I will have to join the healthy wagon too as I have let a few pounds get on me and stay over the last few years. I look forward to watching your journey and I hope I can get motivated by it! Maybe living in a warm sunny place would help me!

Ingrid — January 12, 2009 @ 3:50 PM

Good luck!! I have a few pounds (12) to lose as well but my issue is eating so late and not exercising anymore.
    ~ingrid

Jamie — January 12, 2009 @ 3:51 PM

I am really looking forward to reading about your journey. I too am trying to balance food blogging with a weight loss goal.

I look forward to trying some of the good lower calorie recipes you come up with! Please share!

Culinarywannabe — January 12, 2009 @ 3:59 PM

Good-luck!! It can get challenging at times, but keep it up and look back at this post and let it help motivate you!

Sara — January 12, 2009 @ 4:01 PM

Good luck! I love your blog and I look forward to your “healthier” recipes. :)

canarygirl — January 12, 2009 @ 4:08 PM

Go YOU! I am on the bandwagon, too. I plan to keep making the same indulgent recipes, but the “skinny” version. I really need to lose that spare tire around my middle. Go US! :D

Annemarie — January 12, 2009 @ 4:14 PM

You can do it!! Since starting my food blog I’ve lost almost 40 lbs…baking included. I’ve just cut back on portion sizes (with the help of Weight Watchers)
    Once you’ve been dooing this awhile it gets easier to convert recipes to make them a little lighter.
    Good luck!!

HoneyB — January 12, 2009 @ 4:24 PM

Lori, I am so doing the same thing (as you can see by some of my recent posts on Cooking Light!). I have weighed a lot more in the past and now that I am at a decent weight I intend to not let it go back up!

Laurie — January 12, 2009 @ 4:46 PM

I hope the best for you in this endeavor! :)

I put on the most weight around the holidays.. that’s when I bake more than I usually do. I also put on weight when I became a DB’r.

My mom and dad are pretty fit and they stick to a life plan for eating. My mom allows herself 1 decadent dish or sweet a week. My dad watches closely his sugar and high cholesterol fat intake. So when the time comes for me to take a serious look at this issue I think it will have to be a lifestyle and not a diet!

One thing I have learned as I have studied a bit about nutrition in the past, is metabolism and hormones play a big role in a woman’s ability to lose or gain weight. Our metabolic make up changes as we get older. I now am in my mid forties.. peri menopause! :).. :( ! This has drastically changed my body.. plus four kids..:)

I can’t wait to follow along with you as you share this journey with us!!

Patti — January 12, 2009 @ 4:56 PM

I’m a foodie who goes to Weight Watchers every Saturday morning. I am EXCITED.

Barbara — January 12, 2009 @ 5:23 PM

Good luck to you. I could have been writing your blog today as I feel the same way.
    I’ll keep checking in to see if anything you do can help me.

aleta meadowlark — January 12, 2009 @ 5:37 PM

I’d say with your ambitious gym workouts, be careful about eating too much or too little. I’ve had a lot of friends who start gymming it and gain weight–not just muscle–because they suddenly eat so much more. If you’re already eating 150% of what you should, and need to adjust to your gym time, you’re still eating more than you should! Then of course you don’t want to starve yourself because you won’t be a very happy lady, and I really look forward to your posts. =)

That said, good luck!

Happy cook — January 12, 2009 @ 5:41 PM

While reading your post i was saying to myself, is this me talking.
    I have the same trouble like you.
    And aftger starting to blog i have gained 5 kg in 2 years and after the Newyears party i told my family I am going on a diet.
    Well till now no big results. I am trying my hard too.
    The things is i love cooking and baking so how can i stop doing that.
    Now I just bake one sundays so that i take the whole baked goodies to my inlaws place for afternoon sunday coffee and i bake on some tuesdays as my daughter brings her friends after school.
    Like you i have tried lots of diet.
    When i went to weight watcher clup i did lost a lot of kilos.
    Tried the blodd group diet too and Montinia diet etc….
    Wishing you all the luck .

BigSis — January 12, 2009 @ 6:32 PM

Good luck! You can definitely do it! If you make a lifestyle change as opposed to going on a new diet, those changes can stick with you and you can see great results! Thanks for sharing this journey with all of us!

~BigSis
    bigsislilsis.com

Ginny — January 12, 2009 @ 6:48 PM

I’m a huge fan of Cooking Light and their recipe site – myrecipes (it also includes recipes from sister publications like Southern Living, Health, Sunset and Real Simple). I find their main dish recipes exceptional and have had consistent success with their sweets and treats as well.

We eat a lot of whole grains (bulgur wheat, quinoa and barley are a few of my faves), have six meatless meals a week (lunches and dinners), and try to stick with leaner cuts of red meat. My new goal has been to up the amount of fruits and vegetables we eat – a bit of a challenge for my husband and 2 year old.

My experience with weight loss has been much like Ari’s, and I’m proud to say that I am back to what I weighed before I had my daughter. It is possible, and actually really fun once you realize just how yummy more nutritious food can be. Best of luck to you, and may you find joy and inspiration in your quest for health.

Kim W — January 12, 2009 @ 6:58 PM

Hooray! I was hoping someone with your talent for cooking and time to try stuff out would focus on healthier stuff. I’m wearing your mocossins now (minus the great cooking part) and have many of the same goals. You’ve got an extra cheerleader and supporter!!!

Shanbanan — January 12, 2009 @ 9:11 PM

Been there. Thanksgiving 2006, I stepped on the scales at the gym and saw I was 3 lbs from the weight I swore I would never be. That did it. I’ve never been heavy and resolved I never would be, but I was getting close to THAT number. I’d been working out regular for 4-5 years and using that to ‘attempt’ to maintain my weight in the face of my huge love of eating. Clearly not working at this point.

So I started with a couple of things. Cut way, WAY down on foods that were generally white in color. Rice, potatoes, corn, and to my horror…bread! That just about shattered me. And I cut back on portions of everything else dramatically.

Then in January 2007, a friend convinced me I was in good enough shape to train for our local half marathon. I doubted it, but she did not, and I finally committed. That training, combined with (mainly) the 2 previous tips, really got it done. Nothing has ever revved up my metabolism like running. I’ve done classes and weight training for years, but it didn’t work anything like this did.

And it slowly came off. I couldn’t quit the carbs completely since I was running so much, but I picked and chose what to eat very carefully. Found out how much I LOVE veggies. I had no idea how much I could enjoy broccoli, cabbage, spinach, and brussel sprouts. And I chew a bunch of gum to keep my mouth busy.

I’m down 27 lbs from last year. My mom thought I was too skinny till my GYN confirmed that I wasn’t. I did have some problems through the holidays this year since I’m almost never full and I’m very much an opportunistic eater (if there’s an opportunity to eat, then I do.) But I doubled up on the workout hours, and I was able to maintain (mostly).

Everyday, I constantly think about my diet, mentally counting calories. I’m very picky about choosing meals from the menus at restaurants (sent a ticked off email to Friday’s last week!). I get on the scales before and after every work out. Sometimes I cringe when I know I’ve over done it at the table, but I don’t let myself get by without doing it. I insist on facing the bitter truth that I overate again.

Accept that you will make mistakes, drop the ball, totally shoot yourself in the foot occasionally, but don’t let that get you down. Just pick it back up the next day and resolve to do better. You can make this into your new life. If I can run a half marathon (I always hated running), then you can make some diet and exercise changes that will improve your life. (And this year, I’m gonna try to do the whole marathon.)

Incidentally, not only did I lose inches around the hips, waist, etc., I also went down a full cup size. That’s something few people mention when they talk about having to go shopping when their old clothes don’t fit anymore. My bras didn’t fit anymore either and I’d been wearing that size since high school.

Whew! Long comment. Sorry, but I really want to encourage everyone and say that this can be done. I did it. Resolve to do it yourself and then get on with your own game plan. And if that game plan doesn’t work, then find another one that will. Change your life (and your clothes!)

Best, Shanna

Amanda — January 12, 2009 @ 9:49 PM

Good luck as you begin your weight loss journey! I lost 100 pounds through diet and exercise two years ago and it’s still off today. You can do anything that you set your mind to and it’s just a matter of not letting your temptations get the best of you. I’ll be looking forward to your thoughts on healthy recipes! Best of luck!

Netters — January 12, 2009 @ 9:58 PM

Thank you for sharing your story. I love the recipes you have, keep ‘em coming!

CookiePie — January 12, 2009 @ 10:44 PM

Good for you! Thank you so much for sharing your journey – I for one wil be watching and cheering you on! And I think it’s so smart for you to not vow to give up the foods you love completely — that’s no way to live. All your healthy changes sound doable and realistic, and I have no doubt you’ll be a great success at it. I look forward to reading all about it!

Grace — January 12, 2009 @ 11:11 PM

i’m so excited–for you, for your reports, and for all your upcoming recipes, both healthy and decadent. bravo!

Dawn — January 12, 2009 @ 11:51 PM

Wonderful of you to share.
    I try my best to do moderation when baking treats and then send the rest off to hubby’s work.
    I find if I walk everyday, at least 3 miles, then I can keep the weight down. It’s the everyday part that needs work. ha ha

Virginie Meyers — January 13, 2009 @ 12:11 AM

From personal experience, I want you to know it is not impossible! I was overweight most of my life, but my husband and I decided to get healthy together, and have lost over 100 pounds together over a year. We went from fast food and no exercise to better eating and a marathon last December. Anything is possible, especially if you have a partner to support you. Small steps (and small portions) can really change you life.

Anonymous — January 13, 2009 @ 12:16 AM

I’m right with you…heading to the gym just as soon I send this comment. Agreed about the Biggest Loser thing too – I’ve not much to lose, but want to look toned and fit into smaller clothes. OH I LOVE FOOD!

Judy — January 13, 2009 @ 12:21 AM

Thanks for the post, jolting me into reality. I’ve gained about 5 lbs in the past few months. Doesn’t sound like much but I’m a shrimp (5’1″) and it looks like a lot. It’s time to get serious.

Heather — January 13, 2009 @ 12:28 AM

good for you! i look forward to seeing your new recipes. my husband and i have been re-vamping out diet because of (my) recently diagnosed infertility issues… it’s a tough thing to go though, but necessary, huh? good luck :) i hope you find the same balance between passion for baking/cooking and health that i am also so desperately seeking :)

Girl Japan — January 13, 2009 @ 2:12 AM

This may sound utterly simple, but exercise and moderation is key.

I eat what I like, have a healthy breakfast , and really listen to my tummy.. if I am hungry I eat.. but I still have desserts, how I still lost was I use a pedometer and try and close 10,000 steps a day, at least do one mile in one setting about 45min walk in place, outside…

Megan — January 13, 2009 @ 3:37 AM

I’m trying to adopt the healthier life style too. You can be my inspiration.:)

keena — January 13, 2009 @ 4:03 AM

I have loved your wonderful recipes so much, I know I am going to love your wonderful healthy recipes as much. I am taking inspiration from some of the healthier restaurants around town with wholesome salads and a lean protein on my weightloss plan. I’d love any good homemade salad dressings you may come up with.

Beescotch — January 13, 2009 @ 4:58 AM

I am so glad you are going to have some lighter recipes!! My husband and I have been counting calories since 1/1. I’ve already lost 5 pounds and he has lost 3 so far! We have been using the website http://www.myfitnesspal.com which is a FREE site. It has been so helpful.
    Looking forward to your recipes!

VeggieGirl — January 13, 2009 @ 12:29 PM

Best of luck Lori!!!

Janna — January 13, 2009 @ 6:16 PM

I think you are going to inspire so many of your readers. Apparently the number one New Year’s Resolution is to lose weight, so hurray for inspiring others! Best of luck to you on your new adventure. I look forward to seeing healthier recipes cause we could all use some in our lives. :)

newlyweds — January 13, 2009 @ 6:23 PM

I could have written this post myself. I am exactly the same way and its time for a change. My biggest downfall is sweets, God know I love them but I have decided to limit the amount, not completely cut them out but limit my sweet intake to once a week. Anything I want but only once a week. So far it has worked for 3 weeks and I don’t feel deprived.

Gina — January 13, 2009 @ 6:26 PM

Being a food blogger, I find having to blog about healthy food helps me stay on track with my diet. It inspires me to always look for ways to make a dish lighter. I never feel deprived and I give myself a cheat day.

Mike of Mike's Table — January 13, 2009 @ 9:08 PM

Good for you and best of luck. I know you’ll do well with it

Cakespy — January 13, 2009 @ 9:31 PM

Good approach–but be sure to treat yourself to something decadent every now and again! ;-)

noble pig — January 14, 2009 @ 12:23 AM

I love Ellie Krieger recipes, I have tried so many and they are always so great. Also the King Arthur Flour Whole Grain Baking Book has awesome sweets recipes using better for you flours.

Have you checked out Sparkpeople.com? You can log all your calories and nutrients and fitness goals it’s cool and free.

Aggie — January 14, 2009 @ 6:10 PM

I can totally relate to everything you are saying!!!

dessertobsessed — January 14, 2009 @ 6:43 PM

this is awesome!! good luck to you! i too, want to be healthier, but i don’t know if i’m ready for the commitment yet

Deborah — January 14, 2009 @ 11:16 PM

I think this is something that most food bloggers struggle with. I have found that diets don’t work for me – I don’t do well with restrictions!! But I do like to keep everything in moderation and watch my portion sizes. And exercise is very important! I wish you luck in your journey!

Jennywenny — January 15, 2009 @ 10:17 PM

Good for you. I thankfully didnt put on any weight over the holidays but I’m at least 10 lb over what I consider acceptable, which is still 8 lb above what I really ‘should be’ so I’m going to try harder to lose a bit too.

I find the sparkpeople website very handy for tracking my calories etc.

Thanks for the gum tip, I’ll try that this weekend!!

alana — January 16, 2009 @ 1:22 AM

you should try things like quinoa and barley instead of white rice etc. super healthy and better for you!

Emily — January 16, 2009 @ 4:49 AM

I missed this post.

I wish you the best of luck! I want you to do it! I know you can do it. I want you to feel good about yourself.

Just stick with your program, stay strong.

Anna — January 16, 2009 @ 6:20 PM

I just took a small batch of your new & improved version out of the oven. They look terrific! I'm going to taste one they cool because mine were definitely better after they'd cooled. And they stayed fresh forever.

Karen @ Mignardise — January 16, 2009 @ 9:24 PM

I know that feeling – everyone else says you don’t really need to lose weight, but you feel like a few pounds will make a big difference. I never felt thin even when I was, too. Sometimes, having just a little weight to lose is harder, because you’re already doing all the right things. And being a food blogger doesn’t help.
    Be kind to yourself. If you have a not-so-great day, remember, you can always do better tomorrow.

LilSis — January 20, 2009 @ 8:28 PM

Lori,
    You really seem focused and are doing a great job! It’s really alot harder to plan healthy meals every day versus just grabbing something quick and easy. I look forward to more healthy recipes. Your shrimp dish over the whole wheat pasta looks awesome!

I did a post today over at http://www.bigsislilsis.com with some of my favorite “go to” cookbooks for healthy recipes. I noticed on one of your posts that you had asked for some healthy cookbook recommendations. I’d love for you to check out our site!
    Keep up the great work!

Ari (Baking and Books) — January 22, 2009 @ 3:54 PM

I’m touched that my blog post inspired you. It’s definitely a challenge to be a foodblogger and maintain a balanced lifestyle, but it’s possible and you can totally do it!

Wonderful post. I loved it. :)

Kelly — January 29, 2009 @ 8:03 PM

Good luck. Your post is very inspiring. I am in the exact same boat and could certainly relate to so much of what you said. I lost 20 something pounds a year ago and have since gained a lot of it back from losing the mindfulness I gain. In the past I’ve vascilated between one extreme and another (either eating really healthy or throwing thoughtfulness to the wind) so I am now trying a more moderate approach.

Martha — January 30, 2009 @ 11:06 PM

I think the key is to slowly incorporate lifestyle changes you can live with forever. Rigid diets don't work. I highly recommend The Slow Down Diet By Marc David, which explores all the issues around food that go way beyond 'diet' and 'exercise.' I can't recommend it highly enough. It was so powerful I enrolled in his 20 week tele-class on the psychology of eating.

In addition to Healthy Appetite by Ellie Krieger. The Perfect Recipe for Losing Weight & Eating Great by Pam Anderson is another great book full of healthy, quick and delicious recipes!

Good Luck.

recipegirl.com » My Personal Weight Loss Journal: Feb. 1st- 7th, 2009 — February 6, 2009 @ 9:33 PM

[...] original story about how this journey began is HERE. Week 1 is HERE. Week 2 is HERE. Week 3 is [...]

recipegirl.com » My Personal Weight Loss Journal: January 25th- 31st, 2009 — February 6, 2009 @ 9:51 PM

[...] can read more about my weight loss journey HERE. Week 1 details are HERE. Week 2 details are HERE. [...]

recipegirl.com » Agave & Honey Oatmeal M&M Cookies — February 7, 2009 @ 7:14 AM

[...] healthy cookie recipe popped up on Anna’s blog- Cookie Madness on the very day I began my journey into healthy eating. I knew it would be a good snack for my little one, and I thought it might be a nice choice for me [...]

pransy — May 27, 2009 @ 11:43 AM

Hi

Just like you I am also starting a journey more than weightloss ( just need to loose bout 5 – 7 kgs , its inches I need to concentrate upon),my journey is about transforming my life , would you or your other readers like to join me in this journey…