Whether you enjoy football or not, a Super Bowl party is a fun gathering to plan. I usually host (or at least co-host) every year since there are so many recipes that are fun to make for football events. On my blog, I’ve been invited to host The Ultimate Super Bowl Party Recipe Smack Down in conjunction with Sam’s Club. Bloggers can submit Super Bowl recipe favorites, and the winner will receive a $250 gift card to Sam’s Club. Don’t have a Sam’s Club Membership?… use part of your $250 gift card to buy one and use the rest to shop!
Here are the rules:
1. You must have a blog to participate. Why? Because I’d like to be able to link to your recipe, and I figure bloggers spend a good amount of money on food… it’s about time for someone to get a cash reward for doing what they do.
2. Blog about a recipe that is worthy of serving at a Super Bowl party. The recipe can come from any source- it does not have to be your original creation. Include a picture of your recipe, as well as the recipe itself.
3. Include a link to this post, referencing the contest. You can include the snazzy picture logo above if you’d like.
4. You must post about your recipe and send me your link/picture by midnight on Wednesday, Jan. 28th in order to be included in the contest.
5. Email the following information to sdrecipegirl [at] yahoo [dot] com
*Attach a picture 250×250 please (same as Tastespotting)
*Your Blog Name
*Your Blog URL
*URL of your Super Bowl Recipe Post
6. Let’s put a cap on this… you may enter up to THREE recipes in the contest if you’d like.
7. You might want to consider whether or not you have a Sam’s Club nearby before you enter.
Go here to see if there is a Sam’s Club near you:
All links and pictures will be compiled and posted on my blog on Friday, Jan. 30th. I’m sure that every recipe will be delicious and worthy of sharing, so the winner will be selected fairly (randomly) via random.org on Saturday, Jan. 31st. Sam’s Club will send a $250 gift card to the winner!
Sam’s Club worked with Baltimore Raven’s football wife Shauna Wilcox to come up with some fun tips for your Superbowl party…
*Since guests are planted in front of the TV for the majority of the party, feature easy-to-eat foods… finger foods, party trays and pizzas are good choices.
*Coordinate a chili bar where guests can add their finishing touches.
*Have lots of liquid refreshments on hand. Get creative and make drinks featuring each team’s colors. A water cooler also adds a decorative touch to the party.
*Add a few games to keep the guests entertained (guessing the halftime score, etc.). Have little prizes like scratch-off lotto tickets.
RecipeGirl tip: I went to a party once where the hostess created the cutest table setting. She bought green plastic table covers and used white electrical tape to create the lines for a football ‘field’ on the table cover. She had football-shaped trays that she bought at a party store for food that was served on the table. It was very creative.
I personally enjoy serving pulled pork at football parties. Last year I did these wonderful little Alabama Pulled Pork Sandwiches. They were a big hit.
And this Mexican Cheesecake Dip is also a good one for a big sport’s crowd:
Sam’s Club is hosting a pre-game sampling event Jan. 29-31, where they will demo Big Game party food. Future members are welcome, and those who join Sam’s Club prior to Feb. 1, 2009 will receive a $10 gift card.
Be sure to check back on Friday, Jan. 30th for the compilation of ideas… you might just dicover some good recipes for your Super Bowl party.
Agave and Honey Oatmeal M&M Cookies Next Post »
Brown Butter Cornbread with Farmer Cheese and Thyme