Cookies and Cream Cheesecake Bars: You Made That Dessert?

I have the pleasure of introducing a brand new cookbook today- one that was written by Fellow Food Blogger Beth Lipton (Cookie Pie blog):  You Made That Dessert?  Create Fabulous Treats, Even if You Can Barely Boil Water.
YouMadeThatDessert1
Currently a magazine editor, Beth is also a trained pastry chef based in New York who has created 100 simple-yet-sophisticated desserts for her cookbook. There’s a colorful picture of every single recipe (my favorite cookbook feature), and the book is divided into the regular sorts of dessert chapters. Each recipe includes prep and baking times as well as a list of ‘tools’ needed for the preparation. Recipes that caught me eye upon first read… S’Mores Bars, Toblerone Brownies, Strawberry Ice Cream Cupcakes, Chocolate-Date Cake, Butterscotch Pudding, Caramelized Banana Bread Pudding, Chocolate-Peanut Butter Pie, and Pumpkin-Chocolate Truffles. I settled on making: Cookies-and-Cream Cheesecake Bars.
CookieCream3
CookieCream2
These bars are a crumbly Oreo-cookie crust topped with a creamy Oreo chunk- swirled cheesecake layer. I really tried not to taste them too much as I was attempting to be *good* this week. My plan was to make them and them shuffle them out the door to the teachers at my son’s school as soon as possible. I couldn’t resist though. I let them chill overnight (as I do most bars) for easiest cutting. For cleanest cutting, wipe your knife off after each cut. There were a couple of pieces that I goofed up and weren’t fit for the platter (but they were perfectly fit for eating… and oh. my. god…. yummm!)
CookieCream4.JPG
CookieCream1

I’m definitely going to be testing out some more of Beth’s incredible creations!  Order Beth’s new cookbook, You Made That Dessert? HERE.

The recipe for Cookies and Cream Cheesecake Bars can be found HERE.

I’m incredibly envious of food bloggers who transition to writing cookbooks, and I’m exceedingly proud and supportive too because, after all, food bloggers really do make the best food.  When I’m looking for something new and unique to cook or bake, I utilize Food Blog Search long before I GoogleTrust the food bloggers.  They cook all the time, and their recipes are some of the best out there.

Here are some more cookbooks written by food bloggers- many of which are being released within the next month or so… I suppose cookbook publishers are realizing that food bloggers have a lot to offer!
A Homemade Life by Molly Wizenberg (Orangette)
Artisan Bread in 5 Minutes a Day and
Healthy Bread in 5 Minutes a Day by Jeff Hertzberg & Zoe Francois  (Zoe Bakes)
Field Guide to Cookies and
Field Guide to Candy by Anita Chu (Dessert First)
The Everything Cookies & Brownies Cookbook by Marye Audet (Baking Delights)
Chocolate and Zucchini by Clotilde Dusoulier (Chocolate & Zucchini)
New Flavors for Appetizers by Amy Sherman (Cooking with Amy)
Super Natural Cooking by Heidi Swanson (101 Cookbooks)
The Pioneer Woman Cooks by Ree Drummond (The Pioneer Woman)
The Steamy Kitchen Cookbook by Jaden Hair (Steamy Kitchen)
Gluten Free Girl by Shauna Ahern (Gluten Free Girl)
My Sweet Vegan by Hannah Kaminsky (Bittersweet)
Make it Fast, Cook it Slow by Stephanie O’Dea (A Year of Slow Cooking)
The Perfect Scoop and
The Sweet Life in Paris by David Lebovitz (David Lebovitz)
Delicious Days by Nicole Stich (Delicious Days)

42 Responses to “Cookies and Cream Cheesecake Bars: You Made That Dessert?”

Meeta — September 14, 2009 @ 2:15 AM

oh these look incredible! i know i am going to be the best mom around when i make these. yum!

Jessica — September 14, 2009 @ 4:53 AM

I LOVE oreo cheesecake. These look fabulous! I look forward to learning about the recipes you try from the cookbook and then trying them myself. :)

pamela — September 14, 2009 @ 5:04 AM

Whoa…that is positively sinful looking! I would love a slice!

Aimee — September 14, 2009 @ 5:05 AM

I’m enjoying this cookbook so much! These gorgeous squares are an ideal example of Beth’s wonderful recipes. They look amazing!

maria — September 14, 2009 @ 5:15 AM

I can’t wait to try these next! They look incredible! Thanks for the link love:)

The Italian Dish — September 14, 2009 @ 5:45 AM

I do the same thing! I use Food Blog Search when I’m searching for a recipe. I will have to check out Beth’s cookbook. The Cheesecake Bars look amazing – my family would love them. Thanks for all the cookbook links at the end of the post.

ingrid — September 14, 2009 @ 6:17 AM

Those look delish. Cookies & cream in whatever form always seems to be a hit.

I agree that food bloggers know better. While I have um, about 200 cookbooks more often than not I turn to a blog when looking for something to make or try!

Btw, thanks for the list of cookbooks.
    ~ingrid

Jenny — September 14, 2009 @ 6:25 AM

Oh my, those bars look incredible Lori! Fabulous pics too! Camilla from Enlightened Cooking has written at least 10 cookbooks. Check her out, she is incredible!

cookiepie — September 14, 2009 @ 6:35 AM

Thank you so much — I’m truly so honored to be on your blog, and so thrilled that you like the book. Thank you!!

Sara — September 14, 2009 @ 7:54 AM

Oh my gosh, those look amazing. Cheesecake and Oreos sounds out-of-this-world. I would have devoured half the pan, if I made these. :)

patsyk — September 14, 2009 @ 8:48 AM

Those brownies look amazing! And, now I have a whole list of blogs and books to check out!

Eliana — September 14, 2009 @ 9:45 AM

Thanks so much for sharing. I may need to add this to my ever growing cookbook collection.

Stephanie O'Dea — September 14, 2009 @ 10:05 AM

Thank you so much for linking to my upcoming book—-I had an absolute ball with the slow cooking challenge, and love to help busy families in any way I can.

xoxo steph

CrystalsCozyKitchen — September 14, 2009 @ 10:46 AM

If all the recipes in this cookbook catch my attention like this one and the coffee cake, I’m going to have to add it to my collection! That won’t be good for my waistline though!

Nurit - 1 family. fr — September 14, 2009 @ 12:19 PM

These look great and sound easy to make – my favorite combination :)
    Wiping the knife is a good tip! Also using hot water and then wiping the knife, helps to to get a clean cut.
    Thanks for mentioning Food Blog Search. I heard about it many times before, but this time I am adding my blog there too.
    Yes, supporting fellow bloggers is important as well as buying their books!

Heidi from Savory Tv — September 14, 2009 @ 1:30 PM

Your photos are killing me! Excellent list of cookbooks for a Christmas wish list!

southern hostess — September 14, 2009 @ 1:48 PM

These sound and look amazing!

Zoë François — September 14, 2009 @ 2:08 PM

Those brownies look incredible. I can’t wait to get the book and see what else she has created!

Thank you so much for the shout out about the books! What a line up, look at all those amazing titles.

Zoë

Lynn — September 14, 2009 @ 4:03 PM

Those bars are amazing! I wish I was there to help you out with the less than pristine pieces. :-)

elly — September 14, 2009 @ 6:01 PM

These look so great. I LOVE Oreos in anything or by themselves – which is exactly why I am not allowed to keep them in the house. :)

Monica H — September 14, 2009 @ 8:14 PM

Fantastic looking bars!

Amy I. — September 14, 2009 @ 10:39 PM

These bars look heavenly (oreos/cookies & cream flavored anything is my weakness!). I’m adding these to my to-do list immediately, and will keep an eye out for the book, it looks right up my alley. Thanks for compiling that list too, I’ve heard of/read/own most of them, but there are a few that I’m definitely going to check out.

VeggieGirl — September 15, 2009 @ 4:16 AM

BETH IS AWESOME!! So excited about her cookbook :)

Holy yum bars there!!

Cheri — September 15, 2009 @ 6:09 AM

These bars are making me hungry. Will have to check out her book. Thanks for sharing!

Barbara — September 15, 2009 @ 6:52 AM

Oh boy! Do those ever look luscious! Can’t wait to make them. And thanx for the cookbook info!

Kelsey/TheNaptimeChef — September 15, 2009 @ 9:45 AM

I am LOVING all the pumpkin flavors on your site right now. Seriously, it is my favorite fall flavor and can’t wait to get started baking and cooking with it.

Jessica — September 15, 2009 @ 9:55 AM

Wow! These look amazing!

Elizabeth — September 15, 2009 @ 11:41 AM

Oooohhh… I am so weak for cheesecake. and I have mini oreos in the pantry! Shhh, don’t tell anyone.

Katrina — September 15, 2009 @ 2:00 PM

Those look divine! Anna (Cookie Madness) just made some Oreo cheesecakes, too!

Thanks for the awesome list of cookbook must-haves!

Jessica Lee Binder — September 15, 2009 @ 2:31 PM

My eyes are always drawn to cookies and cream. It’s my favorite ice cream flavor and I’m thinking I could have these bars with a scoop of cookies and cream ice cream and just go straight to heaven.

Michelle — September 15, 2009 @ 2:53 PM

Looks wonderful. I’d “settle” for those bars any day! : )

Cari Snell — September 15, 2009 @ 8:09 PM

Oooooo! These are DEFINITELY being made this week. Super yum!

nina — September 15, 2009 @ 11:43 PM

I will have to hide these bars far from my family or else they will be gobbled up in one day!!!!

Daniel — September 16, 2009 @ 5:15 AM

I am salivating right now. thanks for posting this recipe!

Melina — September 16, 2009 @ 7:35 AM

I can’t believe it has taken me so long to find this website! You are bookmarked and I will be back!

accessoryalamode — September 16, 2009 @ 7:06 AM

OMG! Excuse me, I have to wipe away the drool..if only there was a way to reach through my screen and eat them! They look BEYOND DELICIOUS!!

megan — September 17, 2009 @ 5:01 AM

OMG Lori, these are just sinful! I can feel my butt getting bigger just looking at them. Great and inticing pictures. Stumbled. :)

pigpigscorner — September 17, 2009 @ 11:21 AM

gosh..these are awesome!

Kami Jensen — September 17, 2009 @ 11:36 AM

Oh wow, yummy!! I want one right now!

bridget {bake at 350} — September 18, 2009 @ 7:58 AM

OH.
    MY.
    GOODNESS.

t — October 2, 2009 @ 10:42 AM

wow, these are awesome. and such clean cuts too!

christa — March 21, 2014 @ 4:57 AM

This recipe is great but the directions are lacking. It should explain better the reasoning for removing the crust and for how long. I am probably over thinking it but baking should be exact. otherwise great recipe!