posted in Dinner at 6

Green Beans with Mushrooms & Shallots + Teriyaki Pork

Pork tenderloin is the cut of pork that I stick with the most since I’ve destroyed every pork chop I’ve ever made. If you use a remote thermometer (the kind where a little wand gets stuck inside the meat and the temperature recording device sits outside your oven- like this one), pork tenderloin comes out perfect every time. This recipe comes from Ellie Krieger, the goddess of creating great, healthy recipes: Teriyaki Pork Tenderloin.

And since my husband & I are mushroom fanatics, this side dish from EK was a good choice for the pork.  Mushrooms + Shallots + Green Beans make a lovely and delicious side dish: Green Beans with Shallots & Mushrooms

Here they are all plated up with a little rice thrown on there too.

This was an excellent, healthy dinner (tender pork & all) that my whole family enjoyed from Ellie Krieger’s Cookbook: The Food You Crave. I’ve mentioned this cookbook before… it’s TOTALLY worth getting. Every recipe I’ve tried has been a keeper. I can’t wait to get her new cookbook too.

These recipes, along with nutritional information & weight watchers points, can be found by clicking on the titles below:
Teriyaki Pork Tenderloin
Green Beans with Mushrooms and Shallots

10 Responses to “Green Beans with Mushrooms & Shallots + Teriyaki Pork”

1. postedJan 18, 2010 2:34 AM

That is indeed a healthy looking plate of food!!! I think it is time I invest in a remote thermometer….Those beans are so fresh and vibrant in color!!!

2. postedJan 18, 2010 4:48 AM
    Terri A.

I love that pork tenderloin recipe. The green beans look good, too. I’m going to have to try them.

3. postedJan 18, 2010 6:11 AM

These green beans look great. I too made pork this week, nice change from all the chicken and seafood around here. This is a great light, healthy, satisfying meal :) Thx!

4. postedJan 18, 2010 7:16 AM

I never make pork. I don’t know why. I think it’s the old wives tale that it is fattening. It isn’t, it’s lean. Great recipe for those of us on your 10/10 plan. And you can’t beat green beans with mushrooms. I put mushrooms in my omelet in the AM. I would put mushrooms in anything!

5. postedJan 18, 2010 10:29 AM

I’m with you I stick to pork tenderloin instead of chops – they dry out so fast. Looks great!

6. postedJan 18, 2010 2:03 PM

Hey pork and beans! I love it. I’m a big fan of pork and rice too (most Filipinos are!)

7. postedJan 18, 2010 2:07 PM

This looks awesome!
    Also, wanted to share that I posted about your triple vanilla bean bars on my site, they are delicious!

8. postedJan 18, 2010 3:47 PM

If I had famous friends, Ellie Krieger would be my BFF. I love The Food You Crave. It’s the book to have for people who are afraid of moving to Blandville, Healthytown.

9. postedJan 18, 2010 3:55 PM

Looks great and I’m a big fan of Ellie Krieger; not only does she make great food but that woman just looks so doggone Healthy!

10. postedJan 18, 2010 3:57 PM

This looks a perfect meal for during Ten in 10!