Snickerdoodle Blondies (Snickerdoodle Heaven?)

I like to think that there will be a special calorie-free place in heaven reserved for Snickerdoodle lovers like me. There will be beaches made of cinnamon-sugar sand and surfboards made of Snickerdoodle Cookies. On a nearby magical mountain, I’ll ski down frozen layers of Snickerdoodle Ice Cream, maneuvering the mogul-like scoops with ease as I stop for a nibble every now and then. I’ll live in a seaside castle made of Snickerdoodle Cake and sleep in a bed made of tender Snickerdoodle Marshmallows. My computer will sit upon a desk made of Superdoodles, just in case I get a hankering for extra cinnamon in my land filled with sweetness. And the steps to the castle will be made of Snickerdoodle Blondies.
Snickerdoodle Blondies 2
They’re sturdy enough for steps, really. Cinnamon chips tucked inside help anchor the crumbs together.  See how nicely they stack? Snickerdoodle Blondies 3
It’ll be a shocker if I ever actually make it inside my castle since I’ll be greeted the deliciousness of these blondies every time I approach my home.  Upon taking a bite, my taste buds will first be delighted with a light cinnamon-tainted glaze before my teeth break through the sugary crunch of the upper crust and into the tender Snickerdoodley interior.
Snickerdoodle Blondies 1

I realize that my vision is quite a stretch, but I’m quite sure that foodies everywhere are hoping for some kind of Gourmet Heaven in their afterlife.  I have my Mom to thank for my Snickerdoodle love.  She made them often as I was growing up, and they’ve always remained my favorite.  I’d take Snickerdoodles over Chocolate Chip any ‘ol day.  And those Snickerdoodle Marshmallows mentioned above?  I have yet to develop that recipe ;)

The recipe for Snickerdoodle Blondies can be found hereSnickerdoodle Blondies
(thanks to My Baking Addiction for the idea…)
For other Snickerdoodle Recipes mentioned above, just click on the recipe titles.

36 Responses to “Snickerdoodle Blondies (Snickerdoodle Heaven?)”

Maria — January 21, 2010 @ 7:45 AM

I have made these. I love them. I am a huge snickerdoodle fan like you:)

Kristina — January 21, 2010 @ 7:50 AM

I adore Snickerdoodles. I got a recipe from Maris for these and used it for my Eat on $30 challenge – they’re very economical to make. Going to have to try this recipe as well!

Terri A. — January 21, 2010 @ 7:54 AM

I, too, LOVE snickerdoodles! I’m going to have to try these.

Jessie — January 21, 2010 @ 7:55 AM

I adore snickerdoodles too! something about buttery cinnamony treats that taste so good!

Amanda — January 21, 2010 @ 7:58 AM

Yum, those look good! I have a bag of cinnamon chips that I’ve been wondering what to do with. Now I can give these a try, thanks!

Estela @ Weekly Bite — January 21, 2010 @ 8:00 AM

Love the addition of cinnamon chips! The sugary topping with the laced icing looks incredibe :)

Stormie — January 21, 2010 @ 8:01 AM

Oh. My. Gosh. These looks positively outstanding! I’m a huge snickerdoodle fan! Thanks, I’m going to try these soon.

Jessica — January 21, 2010 @ 8:32 AM

Ahhh these look SO GOOD!!

Sarah, MaisonCupcake — January 21, 2010 @ 8:41 AM

The criss cross icing looks great on these, I must confess I am yet to taste a snickerdoodle although I have heard of them via Nigella Lawson. I like cinnamon so I’m sure I’d like them.

Reeni — January 21, 2010 @ 8:58 AM

These look positively scrumptious! So moist and decadent. I’ll see you in Snickerdoodle Heaven!

Bob — January 21, 2010 @ 10:26 AM

holy crap. I need them. They look wicked, wicked good.

Simone (junglefrog) — January 21, 2010 @ 10:45 AM

They look absolutely gorgeous! I actually have never tried snickerdoodles… not something that is found here I think but these look delicious

Fran — January 21, 2010 @ 10:53 AM

OMG! Yes, the snickerdoodles look grande, but the writing. FABULOUS! “I’ll ski down frozen layers of Snickerdoodle Ice Cream” LOVE it!

Fun to reada and drool-worthy. :)

Barbara — January 21, 2010 @ 10:59 AM

Snickerdoodles are a little slice of heaven. Have never made the blondies…
    I was determined to do so and had a recipe which called for cinnamon chips- sized like chocolate chips- but could not find the them here, so I mail-ordered them. They arrived completely melted; one big mass. The disadvantages of living in Florida!
    I tried chopping the mass up into little pieces and it was very unsuccessful!

Sara — January 21, 2010 @ 11:09 AM

Mmmm, since I loved your pumpkin snickerdoodles, I have no doubt that I’ll love these bars. So good!

Jamie — January 21, 2010 @ 12:49 PM

The look absolutely fantastic! We love these and your glaze is a beautiful touch!

sharon — January 21, 2010 @ 2:07 PM

i LOVE sinckerdoodles and I can only imagine how much I’d love these in bar form!

Stephanie - Wasabimo — January 21, 2010 @ 2:14 PM

I’ve never been a snickerdoodle fan, but then I recently tried a gluten-free version from Whole Foods that was actually really good. It piqued my interest. I wonder if this recipe would translate well GF?

Gera @ Sweets Foods — January 21, 2010 @ 2:26 PM

Love these blondies and the dense texture they have, really heavenly :)

All the best,

Gera

April Marie — January 21, 2010 @ 3:06 PM

Two of my favorite LOVES, and you combined both of them.. oh my goodness, I am JUST salivating here.

The Duo Dishes — January 21, 2010 @ 3:22 PM

Want about snickerdoodle marshmallows in the snickerdoodle blondie??? Or is that too much?

Mason — January 21, 2010 @ 5:39 PM

You made these look so beautiful! I’ve made these before, and they really are good.

megan — January 21, 2010 @ 5:59 PM

Those are some beautiful bars! I’m looking for a snickerdoodle biscotti. Got Biscotti?

ingrid — January 21, 2010 @ 7:52 PM

We’ve long been a fan of snickerdoodle blondies. We’ve actually never had a homemade snickerdoodle cookie.

Can’t wait for your snickerdoodle marshmallow creation! :)
    ~ingrid

VeggieGirl — January 22, 2010 @ 4:26 AM

Today is National Blonde Brownie Day! :)

Rachel — January 22, 2010 @ 6:03 AM

Yum! I’ve made baking addictions ones…so yummy. I can’t wait to try your’s too! ;D Thank you so much! :)

Blessings!
    ~Miss Rachel~

Cathy - wheresmydamnanswer — January 22, 2010 @ 1:08 PM

Your mean and I say this with respect!!! WOW looks incredible!

Chantal — January 22, 2010 @ 2:58 PM

YUMMMMM!! I love cinnamon and so I love snickerdoodles…I think I’d love these too! I like the criss cross icing design :)

Jennifer — January 22, 2010 @ 4:40 PM

I am on such a blondie kick lately, and these look absolutely delicious! I’ll have to try these soon.

my spatula — January 22, 2010 @ 5:31 PM

wow – those look utterly gorgeous. you’re right, they stack beautifully and i’m sure tasted heavenly.

doodles — January 22, 2010 @ 7:59 PM

Would get on with it to develop the Snickedoodle Marshmallows……………just the thought makes me smile!!!

Jen Schall — January 24, 2010 @ 6:10 PM

Yum! These look fantastic. The icing on top looks really pretty.

Kimmie — January 25, 2010 @ 7:18 AM

These are definitely up my alley.

Katy — January 25, 2010 @ 7:36 AM

Made these last night and they are delicious!! Except I could not find cinnamon chips at any grocery store in my area! They’d be even better with them but are still great!

Jacqueline — October 12, 2013 @ 12:04 PM

I am a little late to the party on this one. Discovered these through your Instagram account yesterday. I had a heck of a time trying to locate the cinnamon chips but discovered this make your own http://www.brighteyedbaker.com/2012/03/04/diy-cinnamon-chips/
    I hope you don’t mind me sharing that. I truly love snickerdoodles and wanted to make sure the cinnamon experience was prominent :)
    My house smells like heaven!!

• Lori Lange replied: — October 17th, 2013 @ 1:15 PM

That is a wonderful discovery- thank you!