Today, I’m sharing with you one of my favorite dessert recipes of the summer. I created this sweet dessert “bruschetta” recipe for The Real Women of Philadelphia and GoodBite. These treats have a sugar & cinnamon puff pastry base, and then they’re topped with sweetened cream cheese and fresh blueberries. I can see adding strawberries too to make it red, white and blue for patriotic holidays!
Check out RealWomenofPhiladelphia.com for details on their recipe contest and how you can have a shot at winning $500.
Click the photo below to view a short how-to video: How to make Fresh Blueberry Dessert Bruschetta
Yield: 20 dessert bites
Prep Time: 30 min
Cook Time: 15 min
Fun, fresh handheld dessert recipe- perfect for summer.
1 large egg
1 Tablespoon water
1/2 (17.3-ounce) package Puff Pastry sheets (1 sheet), thawed
2 Tablespoons granulated white sugar mixed with 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
6 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
1/4 cup powdered sugar, sifted
2 Tablespoons whipping cream + more, as needed
1 cup fresh blueberries, rinsed and patted dry
small fresh mint leaves, for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Beat egg and water in a small bowl with a fork.
2. Unfold the pastry sheet on a lightly floured surface. Brush the pastry with the egg mixture. Sprinkle with the sugar-cinnamon mixture to within 1/2-inch of the edge. Starting at a long side, roll up like a jelly roll. Press the seam to seal. Cut pastry roll into 20 (1/2-inch) slices. Place the slices, cut-side down, onto 2 baking sheets.
3. Bake for 15 minutes or until the pastries are golden brown. Gently flatten the hot pastries with a spatula. Let cool completely on baking sheets on wire racks.
4. In a medium bowl, use electric mixer to combine cream cheese, lemon juice and powdered sugar. Mix until smooth. Add whipping cream to thin out the mixture. Mix until creamy and well-combined. Add additional whipping cream, if needed, to create a spreadable consistency.
5. Assemble dessert bites: Spread a Tablespoon of the sweetened cream cheese mixture onto each of the baked puff pastry rounds. Top with fresh blueberries. Garnish with mint, if desired. Serve immediately.
*Add strawberries to make this a red, white and blue recipe!
Disclosure: This post has been sponsored by The Real Women of Philadelphia.