Labor Day Barbecue Recipes

It’s a holiday weekend here in the good ‘ol US of A, and I’m sharing my favorite recipes for a Labor Day barbecue… the perfect recipes for an end-of-summer hurrah! Here ya go!

Baked Brie with Blueberry Barbecue Sauce Pretty and delicious.

Corn Dog Muffins (kids love this one, but Dad’s tend to steal them too!)

Easy Greek Appetizer Skewers
(If, by chance, you have a zillion cherry tomatoes growing in your yard- and a cucumber too- then these are perfectly easy to make)

Mango Guacamole (if you’ve not yet paired mangoes with avocados, you’ve been missing out!)

Watermelon Salsa (because salsa is not just for tomatoes!)

Blue Cheese Cole Slaw (this is one of my favorite salads ever… because I’m a big-time blue cheese lover)

Grilled Corn Salad (Grilled corn R.O.C.K.S.)

Avocado- Pine Nut Salad (my favorite salad EVER. No question.)

All American Potato Salad (just a good one)

Bacon Burgers with Bacon- Balsamic Onions (I LOOOOOOOOVE these burgers!)

Grilled Chicken with Lemon and Oregano (just simply summer and simply delicious)

Pork Tenderloin with Blueberry Barbecue Sauce (more blueberries, I know… but I love this fruit in the summertime! And it’s great with pork!)

Blueberry Cheesecake Ice Cream (um, yum. Need I say more?)

Mixed Berry Trifle (kind of like the best summer dessert ever)

Red, White and Blue Finger Jello (not only does it look cool, it’s good stuff too)

Frozen Caramel- Toffee Ice Cream Sandwich Dessert (there is absolutely nothing NOT to love about this dessert… and it feeds a hungry crowd!)

It’s all good stuff. I promise. Have a happy, safe, long, holiday weekend if you’re hanging out in the USA. If not, well then… you’ve got some good recipes to try for a bbq!

14 Responses to “Labor Day Barbecue Recipes”

Averie @ Love Veggies and Yoga — September 2, 2011 @ 4:22 AM

I was loving the dips til i saw the desserts. The last two items…wow.

the jello looks like a work of art!

and the caramel/choc looks like a work of…fat free, low calorie baking, right? :)

Jill at Home Sweet Hopkins — September 2, 2011 @ 5:12 AM

I think the grilled chicken looks best because of it’s background. Anything is better at the beach. I’m going to have to try your grilled corn and pine nut avocado salads. I’m not a big salad person but I’ve been trying to watch what I eat recently. Those two look delicious.

Rachel @ Not Rachael Ray — September 2, 2011 @ 5:12 AM

I wouldn’t even know where to start! Everything looks amazing!

Christina @ This Woman Cooks! — September 2, 2011 @ 6:07 AM

Beautiful roundup. I love the watermelon salsa and blueberry pork. Blueberries and pork pair so wonderfully together. Enjoy the last days of summer. :)

Chris @ TheKeenanCookBook — September 2, 2011 @ 7:10 AM

Warning – don’t look at these when hungry, you will drool! (jk, sorta heheh)
    I think we are going to do pulled pork, but we need other ideas. This is a great compilation! Hope you have a lovely weekend!

Katrina — September 2, 2011 @ 7:51 AM

All of these look delightful! Yum!

brandi — September 2, 2011 @ 8:06 AM

oh man, how did I miss the corn dog muffins? my husband would LOVE those!

Bev Weidner — September 2, 2011 @ 10:58 AM

Seriously, I just hit my head on the ground due to falling out of my chair due to looking at all this food due to you posting all this wonderful food due to you cooking.

I might need to see a doctor.

kelley {mountain mama cooks} — September 2, 2011 @ 1:02 PM

Wow, so many delicious food to choose from but I have to say, I’m LOVING the hotdog corn dogs. I’m going to have to make them soon!

Mari @ Mari's Cakes — September 3, 2011 @ 5:56 AM

Lori, these all look delicious!! I would love to cook them all!!! Thanks for sharing.

Have a great Labor Day Weekend :)

Cookin' Canuck — September 3, 2011 @ 7:37 AM

Oh my goodness, they all look so good, Lori. I would definitely have to dig into that baked brie with blueberries first.

Dana B — September 5, 2011 @ 11:49 AM

wow! lots of great looking stuff. I would never have paired mangos with guacamole or blueberries with pork. Once my budget bounces back a little, I’ve got a lot of fun, new recipes to try! Thx!!

Mark — September 2, 2012 @ 5:42 PM

We are going away with close friends for a couple days to Squam Lake where they filmed, “On Golden Pond.” First night, they do stuffed lobster. Second night, we’re going for the blueberry pork. Looks awesome, thanks.

• Lori Lange replied: — September 3rd, 2012 @ 5:09 PM