Top 10 Recipes of 2011

Here we go! These are the most visited recipes on RecipeGirl.com for the year of 2011. Mostly sweets (as usual), but a few other things are tucked in there too.

#10: Red Velvet Cheesecake Cake- I must say that this one was one of my all-time favorites too. Everything about it was good.

#9: Chocolate Chip- Peanut Butter Pound Cake- This dense and decadent version of the pound cake got a lot of love from peanut butter lovers!

#8: Root Beer Pulled Pork- Any kind of pulled pork is always a hit, but this version was fun and delicious with root beer in the mix. Great for game- watching days.

#7: Easy Beef Enchiladas- Proof that things don’t have to be fancy to be popular. Lots of people love easy Mexican food dishes. This one is a big favorite in my house.

#6: Iced Coffee- This was created on a whim last year when things were warm in Southern California. Lots of folks like their coffee, and apparently they like it iced too!

#5: Pumpkin- Cinnamon Roll Pancakes- I loved these almost as much as I love my child :)

#4: Gooey Chocolate Chip Sandwich Bars- I was happy to see that this recipe from the Cookies for Kids Cancer cookbook made it into the favorites. They’re a classic.

#3: Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies- Chocolate chip cookie dough lovers unite! Brownies and cookie dough together made for a great match.

#2: Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Truffles- Another recipe for cookie dough lovers!

#1: Cinnamon Roll Pancakes- This is by far the most visited recipe this year. They’ve sparked experimentation with other flavors, people worked hard to perfect that cinnamon swirl, and it was enjoyed by so many.

Thank you for visiting all of my recipes this year. I look forward to creating many new favorites for 2012!

Here are some old favorites that you may wish to browse too:
Top 10 recipes 2010
Top 10 Recipes 2009
Top 10 Recipes 2008
2007: best salads, best breads, best soups, best cookies & bars, best side dishes

62 Responses to “Top 10 Recipes of 2011”

I'm At Home Baking — December 30, 2011 @ 3:17 AM

Wow, all of that looks delicious!

Katrina @ In Katrina's Kitchen — December 30, 2011 @ 3:39 AM

Those pancakes certainly did rock blogland!! Congrats on another year!!

Lauren at Keep It Sweet — December 30, 2011 @ 3:41 AM

I definitely agree with that list! Amazing and now I need to stock up on more butter:-)

Averie @ Love Veggies and Yoga — December 30, 2011 @ 4:13 AM

Beautiful, Lori! I have actually opened almost all of those, many different times. I come by and check and see what you’ve made that I may want to take a stab at and then I get to your site and open up tons more links than what I came looking for :)

Cookbook Queen — December 30, 2011 @ 6:10 AM

I have to agree…all these are my favorites too!! I’ve been meaning to try that pound cake for quite some time. They look great. I am so glad we got to meet this year!! Happy New Year, Lori!!! xoxo

Tracey @ The Kitchen is My Playground — December 30, 2011 @ 6:30 AM

They all look scrumptious, Lori! NINE out of my top ten for the year were sweets … we all love our sweets!! Happy New Year to you and your family.
    Tracey

Maria — December 30, 2011 @ 6:50 AM

They all look amazing! Love your recipes and love you! Happy New Year to you and your family! Can’t wait until we can meet up in 2012! xoxo

Theresa — December 30, 2011 @ 6:53 AM

Happy New Year Lori! They all look fantastic, but I have to say those cinnamon roll pancakes are making me DROOL. I’ll have to make those very soon :)

Rhea — December 30, 2011 @ 6:57 AM

I always love reading your recipes but somehow I missed that peanut butter pound cake. I am definitely adding that to my list of things to make before I start my diet on Monday. lol

Bev Weidner — December 30, 2011 @ 7:01 AM

Y-U-FREAKING-M.

Sarah Z. — December 30, 2011 @ 7:07 AM

Love the cinnamon roll pancakes and now I have 9 other recipes to try! Thanks for all your shares. I found so many new recipes for 2012 that I can’t wait to make :)

Lindsay — December 30, 2011 @ 7:22 AM

You know what I always say… cookie dough makes everything better. :) Happy New Year, Lori!! :)

Angela — December 30, 2011 @ 7:30 AM

I have made a lot of your top 10 recipes. Keep the recipes coming. You’re the first site I go to for ideas!

Katrina — December 30, 2011 @ 7:46 AM

How boring that I’m eating my Greek yogurt/granola breakfast and looking at that! ;)
    Happy New Year, Lori!

Renee — December 30, 2011 @ 7:55 AM

I just gained 5 lbs looking at these pics! They all look great ;)

Gina @ Skinnytaste — December 30, 2011 @ 7:58 AM

Drool! Lori, I must try your top 10 this year, they all look amazing! Hope you have a happy new year! And yes, I plan in attending Blogher this year so I hope to see you there!

Cassie — December 30, 2011 @ 8:02 AM

Happy new year! I definitely need a piece of that red velvet cheesecake cake. Love it!

Jenn — December 30, 2011 @ 9:04 AM

I’ve made 3 of these recipes and they were all amazing. I will have to try the pound cake next!

beti — December 30, 2011 @ 9:29 AM

the chocolate chip truffles are the best but honestly the red velvet cheesecake looks so delicious, I tried to make it for my birthday and it was really good but it didn’t looked as perfect as yours

JulieD — December 30, 2011 @ 9:33 AM

I had a feeling it was your cinnamon roll pancakes!! Yummy! Happy New Year to you, Recipe Boy and your husband! :)

Rachel @ Baked by Rachel — December 30, 2011 @ 10:27 AM

Oh yum Lori! Every recipe is amazing but I’d definitely want to start with the cinnamon roll pancakes :) Have a wonderful new year.

TidyMom — December 30, 2011 @ 1:10 PM

This is why I love year end wrap up posts!! I missed some of these!!!

One of my highlights of 2011 was meeting and rooming with you Lori!!

Happy New Year!!

Lori Lange — December 30, 2011 @ 1:13 PM

Me too. You’re one of my blog idols- so fun to finally meet you :)

Lori Lange — December 30, 2011 @ 1:13 PM

People definitely love their sweets, don’t they?

Lori Lange — December 30, 2011 @ 1:14 PM

Hey Maria- Love ya too Girl! Can’t wait to see you and meet the babe and the man in June!! XO

Anna @ hiddenponies — December 30, 2011 @ 1:45 PM

Wow, what a mouth-watering lineup…those pancakes look incredible! Must try all of these in 2012…not to mention a million of your other recipes!

Lori Lange — December 30, 2011 @ 1:50 PM

Oh yeah, that Monday diet! You had to remind me!!

Lori Lange — December 30, 2011 @ 1:51 PM

Yes, yes it does!! XO

Lori Lange — December 30, 2011 @ 1:51 PM

aw, that’s great to hear! Thanks so much for visiting!

Lori Lange — December 30, 2011 @ 1:51 PM

yay! See you in Seattle!

Lori Lange — December 30, 2011 @ 1:52 PM

Thanks, Julie! Happy new year to you too!

Lori Lange — December 30, 2011 @ 1:52 PM

THanks, Rachel! Happy New year to you too!

Lori Lange — December 30, 2011 @ 1:53 PM

Hanging out w/ you was a major highlight of my year too! Hope to see you at a few events this year! XO

hobby baker — December 30, 2011 @ 2:27 PM

Ooo, I love recipe round ups! I’ve had my eye on a few of these for a while. And my hubby is adamant that I make some cookie dough truffles for him too!

Amanda @ Once Upon a Recipe — December 30, 2011 @ 3:30 PM

Goodness gracious…I want to make all of these things. Right now.

Christine's Recipes — December 30, 2011 @ 5:05 PM

Aw, all of them are scrumptious. No wonder they have been attracting tons of visitors.
    Happy New Year !

cakebrain — December 30, 2011 @ 8:00 PM

what an awesome roundup of recipes! I’m definitely going to try making those cinnamon swirl pancakes! looks fantastic!

VeggieGirl — December 31, 2011 @ 2:25 AM

#9 and #3 are my favorites! :)

Shelby — December 31, 2011 @ 2:50 AM

Keep em coming! :) Your boston cream pie recipe is one of the very first blog recipes I made! I have enjoyed your blog all along and continue to do so – love all the recipes you share and look forward to many more! Happy New Year!

Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers — December 31, 2011 @ 6:50 AM

Everything looks so good!! The Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Pound cake looks so darn good!!

Cheri — December 31, 2011 @ 8:04 AM

Wow Lori. Everything looks so extremely delicious. I can’t wait to try the Pumpkin Cinnamon Roll Pancakes. Looking forward to see what you come up with in 2012. ;)

Valerie @ From Valerie's Kitchen — December 31, 2011 @ 9:22 AM

I’m going to have to go check out every single one of these! I feel like I put on a couple pounds just scrolling through them :) That red velvet cheesecake cake is so pretty. It’s going on my “to try” list for sure. Happy New Year!!!

Deborah — December 31, 2011 @ 10:36 AM

Loved your list! Now I just need to get into the kitchen and get busy!

Traci — December 31, 2011 @ 10:50 AM

Great recipes, all of them! Thank you for such a wonderful sight!

Jersey Girl Cooks — December 31, 2011 @ 10:59 AM

Happy New year! Thanks for all the wonderful recipes! Best wishes in 2012!

Lori Lange — December 31, 2011 @ 11:09 AM

That is so funny- such a long time ago!! Here’s to another year of this fun blogging stuff, Shelby! I’ve loved yours from the start too! Happy New Year!

Brooks at Cakewalker — December 31, 2011 @ 2:02 PM

Lori, these all look fabulous…and a splendid way to close the year with a Top 10. Happy New Year to you & yours!

Lauren — December 31, 2011 @ 4:06 PM

I see half of these recipes on pinterest ALL the time!!

Sarah E. — December 31, 2011 @ 4:20 PM

The cinnamon roll pancakes are definitely one of my favorite recipes that I made this year. I really want to try the pumpkin version ASAP (as well as all the other recipes!) :)

Bev — December 31, 2011 @ 9:22 PM

Oh. My. Goodness. I am making those cinnamon roll pancakes. Soon.

Lynn — January 1, 2012 @ 7:02 AM

Wow, what a line up! You amaze me with your creativity, your delicious baked goods, and your lovely photography. I hope 2012 brings you joy in life, fun in the kitchen, and lots of chocolate!

sue @ Cakeballs, cookies and more — January 1, 2012 @ 12:10 PM

Oh there were a whole bunch of those I had to pin! So good!

The Hungry Housewife — January 1, 2012 @ 4:59 PM

Lori..I don’t think I can choose a favorite!! They all look amazing. Happy New Year to you

Cookin' Canuck — January 1, 2012 @ 7:17 PM

Oh my goodness, this is one fantastic list! What an amazing year of recipes you’ve given us. I am so happy we had a chance to spend some time together in December and hope that we don’t have to wait much longer to do so again. Happy New Year to you and your family, my friend.

Ann — January 1, 2012 @ 9:29 PM

Wow – what a tasty year you had! The cake looks incredible…I can see why it was a favorite! Happy New Year!

Roxana GreenGirl {A little bit of everything} — January 2, 2012 @ 10:20 AM

oh my goodness, such delicious round-up! I can’t wait to see what amazing recipes you gonna share in 2012.
    I sure could use some coffee now and your iced-coffee sounds good!
    happy new year Lori!

the urban baker — January 2, 2012 @ 10:21 AM

I love seeing all the top 10’s. Reminds me how much we do, share, inspire, and of course, eat! Happy 2012 to you and your family, Lori. May 2012 bring you many more blessings!!

Emilie @ Emilie's Enjoyables — January 2, 2012 @ 12:14 PM

I LOVE those pb cookie dough brownies. I made them for several of my girl friends for their birthdays and everyone raved about them!

Sweet Pea's Kitchen — January 2, 2012 @ 12:42 PM

Oh man…now this is one delicious roundup! That Chocolate Chip-Peanut Butter Pound Cake is just killing me! Yummy! :)

Lana — January 2, 2012 @ 1:42 PM

I remember many of these very well, but most of them I just ogled and put into a folder for future days (trying to get rid of some obstinate pounds that magically appeared in my life the previous year:)
    Here is to another wonderful year, full of health, good friends, and happy families! Happy New Year to you and yours!

Barbara @ Barbara Bakes — January 3, 2012 @ 9:52 AM

Wow! What a great top 10. I’d really love to try a bite of each. Happy New Year!

Bree — January 4, 2012 @ 12:30 PM

YUM! Everything here looks so delicious!