10 New Recipes to Try for Dinner

So, here’s the deal: I make dinner for my family most nights, and I secretly sneak most of those dinner recipes onto RecipeGirl.com without sharing them on the blog. So you may be browsing through the recipe index once in a while and think, “Hmmmm, I don’t remember seeing that one on the blog!” That’s right. Some recipes are delicious and worthy enough to make for dinner, but I don’t necessarily share them all on the blog. I’ve decided to share 10 dinners that we’ve enjoyed in the last couple of weeks that have not been a feature on the blog.  Maybe there’s something in here that will inspire you to cook something new for your family. Just click the recipe title to reach the actual recipe. Here ya go:

Orange Chinese Chicken: This is a simple sautéed chicken with a mandarin-orange sauce. Very quick to make. We served it over rice.
*gluten-free adaptable
*nutritional info & WW Points included.

Udon Noodles with Asian Vegetables and Peanut Sauce- I didn’t expect my family to love this as much as they did. It’s a simple vegetable stir fry with a light peanut sauce and mixed with udon noodles. Very good.
*gluten-free adaptable
*nutritional info & WW Points included

Amaretto Chicken: This chicken has flavors of curry and amaretto and is topped with sautéed mushrooms. I enjoyed it more than my husband. I think he was a little “chickened-out” when he tried this.
*gluten-free adaptable

Herb- Crusted Pork Tenderloin with Red Onion Jam- LOVED this recipe of a simple herb crusted, roasted pork tenderloin served with slowly sautéed red onions that turn themselves almost into a “jam” consistency. A bite of pork with a bit of the jam- so good.
*gluten-free
*nutritional information and WW Points included

Chicken Apple Crunch Salad- I made this one night just for my son and I to eat and we both enjoyed it a lot! It’s pretty much a simple (light) mayo-based chicken salad with dried cranberries, celery and apple mixed in. We served it on top of lettuce to make it more of a “salad.”
*gluten-free adaptable
*nutritional information and WW Points included

Asian Salmon- My family loves salmon every which way. This way is a simple soy/lime/honey/ginger/garlic marinade. Simple and delicious.
*gluten-free adaptable
*nutritional information and WW Points included

Jamaican Jerk Chicken Drumsticks- This one has a marinade that is spicy in terms of spices (allspice/thyme/cinnamon) and it can be spicy in terms of heat (jalapeño) if you’d like it to be. We made ours with just a little heat. Really enjoyed the flavors in this one- it was a family favorite, all around.
*gluten-free
*nutritional information and WW Points included

Three Bean and Beef Chili- Just another good, hearty and filling chili recipe. Nice for these chilly days.
*gluten-free adaptable
*nutritional info and WW points included

Broccoli- Potato Soup: A nice, warm-you-up soup recipe that is light and healthy. We enjoyed it as lunch leftovers for a few days.
*gluten-free adaptable
*nutritional info and WW Points included

Basic Beef Stew: Ahhhh, as this stew simmered on the stove for a couple of hours, it made our house smell amazing. We all couldn’t wait to dive in. It was delicious and comforting.
*gluten-free adaptable
*nutritional information and WW Points included

So, do you see anything you’d like to try?  Are you interested in seeing regular posts like this?  Let me know.  I aim to please :)

37 Responses to “10 New Recipes to Try for Dinner”

Kathryn — January 25, 2012 @ 3:41 AM

I had no idea that you added stuff to the site without blogging about it – I will have to go and poke around in the archives now!

Lauren at Keep It Sweet — January 25, 2012 @ 5:34 AM

I’m so glad to know you have more recipes on the website, I’ll definitely be exploring your archive!

Emilie @ Emilie's Enjoyables — January 25, 2012 @ 6:09 AM

The pork with jam looks so good! Thanks for sharing.

Jenny Flake — January 25, 2012 @ 6:11 AM

Love all of these Lori! No more dinner rut excuses :) Happy Wednesday!

Cookbook Queen — January 25, 2012 @ 6:17 AM

You’ve got a really lucky family, getting to eat these fun dinners all the time. They all look so good, I don’t know which to try first!!

Tara @ Chip Chip Hooray — January 25, 2012 @ 6:22 AM

I love this post! I’m always looking for new dinner ideas, and these aren’t so daunting that I couldn’t put them together on a weeknight. I’d definitely love to see posts like these pop up sometimes. :)

TidyMom — January 25, 2012 @ 6:29 AM

I’ve been on the hunt for some new dinner ideas! thanks Lori!

Susan G — January 25, 2012 @ 6:39 AM

I want to try everything!! Always looking for new ideas to get out of that rut of what to make. Would love to see more. Thanks!

Megan's Cookin' — January 25, 2012 @ 6:46 AM

They all look terrific but I’m trying the Amaretto Chicken first. Love Amaretto!

heather — January 25, 2012 @ 6:51 AM

This is such a timely recipe for me to read. I really need to switch up our dinner menu. We keep eating the same spaghetti and meatballs over and over.

Thanks Lori! It all looks fantastic!

Marnely Rodriguez — January 25, 2012 @ 7:11 AM

Great recipes!

Judith — January 25, 2012 @ 9:15 AM

I love this post very much as I am always looking for diner ideas. The amaretto chicken sounds weird but delicious.

jennym — January 25, 2012 @ 9:26 AM

Love this post! Not only was I wondering “what’s for dinner” today, but it’s great having a bunch of new recipes to browse through at once. There are definitely several of these I will try, thank you!

Natalie — January 25, 2012 @ 9:39 AM

the amaretto chicken is going on my to-make list! yum!!

Jennifer | Mother Thyme — January 25, 2012 @ 10:28 AM

What a fabulous round up of delicous recipes! Thanks for some great ideas! ps: making the cauliflower pizza crust tonight that you featured…can’t wait to try it! Yum! :)

Pat — January 25, 2012 @ 10:42 AM

They all sound delish. Lucky family!

kale @ tastes good to me! — January 25, 2012 @ 11:04 AM

The Udon Noodles with Asian Vegetables and Peanut Sauce looks super yummy to me! I’ve been craving Asian noodles lately. This looks like an easy solution to my cravings!

Jessica — January 25, 2012 @ 11:30 AM

I want to try the Amaretto Chicken and Herb-Crusted Pork Tenderloin. Both look delish! And I would love to see this feature make a regular appearance on the blog!

Krissy @ Krissy's Creations — January 25, 2012 @ 11:43 AM

What great recipes! I’m loving the Udon Noodles & Asian Salmon. I think this means my palate is craving Asian :) .

Marie — January 25, 2012 @ 1:52 PM

Yes, I would love more posts like this. I was excited when I saw the post title. I’m always looking for new dinner recipes. I have a lot of stand bys but love to try new things a few times a week. Love that you included the ww info too as my husband and I just started back to the program.

Maria — January 25, 2012 @ 3:48 PM

Yes, would love to see more posts like this. Always looking for answers to the “what’s for dinner” question. Thanks!

Kimiko — January 25, 2012 @ 7:58 PM

Wow, thanks for sharing! I want to try all of them! I’ll have to look through recipe index more thoroughly…I never knew that some of them didn’t get blogged!

Deborah — January 25, 2012 @ 8:56 PM

I could just take this post and put it for my menu plan next week and I’d be happy!

jeny_nour — January 26, 2012 @ 2:43 AM

You. Are. The. Best. Blogger. Ever.
    I cook just for myself, and every one of these is going to get a work out. Maybe I’ll take leftovers to work to share — but maybe not1 ; )

The Hungry Housewife — January 26, 2012 @ 3:47 AM

They all look wonderful. I am digging the peanut sauce!

Cookin' Canuck — January 26, 2012 @ 5:52 AM

There are so many great meals here, Lori. The udon noodles and the amaretto chicken have definitely caught my eye.

Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers — January 26, 2012 @ 6:43 AM

I have to make the orange chicken! That looks delish!!!

Lisa G — January 26, 2012 @ 8:04 AM

These look soooo delicious! Only problem is which one to try first :) Would love to see more like this!

Mac — January 26, 2012 @ 8:06 AM

I just don’t know which to try first!! Now I’m gonna poke around and see what else I’ve been missing :) .

Nancy — January 26, 2012 @ 8:29 AM

They look great!! Also thanks for the WW info.

Jennifer Olson — January 26, 2012 @ 8:49 AM

LOVED this post and would love to see more posts of this kind! I especially like the recipes that include the nutritional information as we (and I am sure 75% of America!) started the new year off “counting calories!” Thank you so much!

Diane {Created by Diane} — January 26, 2012 @ 11:40 AM

They all look great!

Elizabeth — January 27, 2012 @ 9:34 AM

YES! Post more. I just stumbled across your site. I love how you list them as GF adaptable since I’m looking for new GF recipes as I’m just getting started and love homemade food and new ideas. keep ‘em coming!

Becki's Whole Life — January 28, 2012 @ 4:19 AM

Yes, love posts like this. The udon noodles and the jerk chicken sound great!!

Nancy J. — January 31, 2012 @ 2:28 AM

These all look great and I want to try them all. Yes please do more of this type of post here on your blog. Love it.

Vera — January 31, 2012 @ 11:04 AM

I made the Asian Salmon – excellent!!!!!

Nicholas Sloanhoffer — February 21, 2012 @ 7:56 AM

Thanks for the 10 great recipe ideas. A lot of these recipes would probably make for a great family dinner.