25 Things I Plan to Do This Summer

Just a couple of weeks left, and then it’s officially “summer.” Here are 25 things I intend to do this summer. I figure if I make a list, it’s more likely to happen, right?

1. Eat lobster.

2. Read, read, read.

3. Exercise, even on vacation.

4. Sleep more.

5. Stress less.

6. Go to as many different ice cream shops as possible, in as many cities as I can visit.

7. Write postcards.

8. Learn how to use my new camera (Canon 7D).

9. Hold hands with my husband more.

10. Search for sea glass.

11. Write some new, diet-friendly summer recipes.

12. Relax.

13. Make and eat popsicles.

14. Get a massage.

15. Swim… in oceans and lakes… with my son.

16. Search for the best cupcake bakery in the USA, tasting along the way.

17. Eat salads for lunch.

18. Grill clams and top them with herb butter.

19. Re-design and re-launch my Culinary Covers blog.

20. Go to a Red Sox game.

21. Call 5 friends that I haven’t talked to in like forever.

22. Avoid fried food like the plague.

23. Learn to make braided challah bread.

24. Make Tequila Sangria.

25. Watch the entire 1st season of the Brady Bunch with my 11 year old.

26. (Bonus) Get a tattoo. (ha ha ha haaaaahahahaha…. just kidding, Mom!)

Happy Summer! What are your plans?!

21 Responses to “25 Things I Plan to Do This Summer”

Katrina — June 5, 2012 @ 4:05 AM

#6 sounds amazing. You MUST document this so all of your readers can drool and be jealous! I like this list…simple and totally do-able! Good luck!

Ali @ Gimme Some Oven — June 5, 2012 @ 5:22 AM

Love these!!! And congrats on getting a Canon 7D — hope you love it! And #9 is my favorite. :)

Wishing you a wonderful summer ahead!

nicole @ I am a Honey Bee — June 5, 2012 @ 6:09 AM

great list of things! Love #26
    If you pass thru CT on 395 you should stop at Quiet Corner Creamery! great ice cream.

Let me know when you’re going to be in Boston!!

Hope you have a great summer!

• Lori Lange replied: — June 6th, 2012 @ 5:42 AM

Thank you for that hot tip! Not sure of our route, but will def check it out if in the area!!

• Lori Lange replied: — June 6th, 2012 @ 3:46 PM

great tip- thank you!

Lori Renn — June 5, 2012 @ 6:25 AM

I am all over #1 and #20! Go Red Sox! I’m so homesick for Boston.

Elizabeth @Mango_Queen — June 5, 2012 @ 6:27 AM

Love your summer plans! So blissful! Gave me great ideas. I’ce cream in diff cities was best! Enjoy!

kelley — June 5, 2012 @ 7:05 AM

What a GREAT list! I especially like #6 and #9. Holding hands and eating ice cream. I’d definitely put those high on the list!!

Crystal @ Crystal's Cozy Kitchen — June 5, 2012 @ 7:32 AM

I love your list… I’d love to add lobster to mine but as there is a history of allergies in my family I best wait until I’m not pregnant to try it!

My summer plans are to deliver this baby that is making my body increasingly uncomfortable (only 7.5 weeks to go)! Then to be completely sleep deprived for the rest of the summer ;) . Oh and to do some fun things with my toddler…

Eliana — June 5, 2012 @ 8:21 AM

Sounds like you have planned one amazing summer for yourself. Can’t wait to hear all about it.

Bev Weidner — June 5, 2012 @ 12:54 PM

I LOVE THE BRADY BUNCH! But that’s not that surprising, is it?

Chung-Ah | Damn Delicious — June 6, 2012 @ 1:55 AM

I’m totally loving this list. I might join you on like half of it, like finding the best cupcake bakery in the US!

Janelle — June 6, 2012 @ 12:42 PM

If you head through Cleveland, I can show you a GREAT local ice cream shop, and also a cupcakery (that I’ve never actually BEEN to, but have eaten cupcakes from).

Also, I miss Fenway Park. My husband and I met there.

Elena Craig — June 7, 2012 @ 1:29 PM

I just happened upon your blog looking for candied bacon. Yours was not the first recipe listed but you were the first one I came to that understood the spirit of it… Use it for everything! I then found you summer list; thank you for making me smile and reminding me about all the sweet and fun things that people should take joy in. Thanks again and have a great summer. Elena

Christine — June 8, 2012 @ 5:38 PM

That’s a great list! Enjoy your journey.

Shana — June 10, 2012 @ 12:12 AM

Thanks for the inspiration. I’ve posted a similar blog.

Marta @ What Should I Eat For Breakfast Today? — June 13, 2012 @ 7:33 AM

I love your list, especially numbers 9, 15 and 24. And of course 1 – I want to eat lobster as well! Good luck!

Kristen — June 14, 2012 @ 6:42 AM

Oh I love your list! It sounds absolutely perfect.

TidyMom — June 15, 2012 @ 8:51 AM

Great list Lori!……..and if you’re coming thru St. Louis….Ted Drews Frozen Custard is a MUST!….. their Big Apple concrete is full of apple pie, crust and all – TO.DIE.FOR!

Julia — June 15, 2012 @ 9:49 AM

you should make tequila sangria first. No wait, go get ice cream, then the sangria, then read and relax. That covers 4 things all in 1 day. Shoot, maybe that’s what I’LL do tomorrow!
    Awesome list, sounds like you’re gonna have a great summer!

Eileen — June 21, 2012 @ 4:35 PM

Best cupcakes are at Society Bakery food truck in San Anotonio! Hands down they are TDF!