San Diego Photographer

Have you ever hired a professional photographer?  For your wedding… for your babies… family photos?  Would you fall off your chair if I tell you that I haven’t?!  A family friend shot our wedding, and we’ve always just taken our own photos of kids, family, etc.  Isn’t that bizarre?  I guess I’ve not been willing to bite the bullet and pay to hire anyone all of these years.  It was time though.  Our family needed some photos and so did RecipeGirl… so we investigated who was the best around and hired a fabulous San Diego Photographer- Amy Boring of A Boring Photo.  Thought I’d share some of the images she took of us, just in case you might be looking for a Southern California photographer too!

I gave Amy the task of capturing my relationship with my son Brooks (RecipeBoy).  We drove down a country road and she pointed to a spot in the middle of trees, overgrown grasses and leaves. I’d have never stopped there in a million years to take pictures.  But she knew it would be perfect for a photo shoot.

Since we’re often in the kitchen together, I wanted some collaboration photos too.  Here we’re collaborating on cupcake decorating!

And one for RecipeGirl in the kitchen too.

Fancy, entertaining-addicted, wine-loving RecipeGirl came last.

And here are some of Amy’s favorite shots from other clients who have hired her:
An engagement photo on a train.

An after-wedding special moment captured:

Baby cuteness!

Sweet family photo:

And an amazing fitness shot too:

Since I had a heck of a time figuring out who to hire for a Southern California photography shoot, I wanted to share my experience and photos with you.  I’d recommend A Boring Photo without hesitation. She was professional, timely and had a knack for finding good places to take just the right photos we were looking for.  I paid for my shoot- this is not an advertisement.  I’m sharing because I had a good experience with Amy and I’m happy to pass along her contact information.

Amy Boring
A Boring Photo
www.ABoringPhoto.com (more slideshows available here)

15 Responses to “San Diego Photographer”

The Hungry Housewife — February 5, 2013 @ 7:26 PM

Love them ALL Lori!!!!

• Lori Lange replied: — February 5th, 2013 @ 8:35 PM

Thanks, Lady!!

RecipeGirl's Mom — February 5, 2013 @ 9:34 PM

Love all the pics. Wish I could do that!

Jessica — February 6, 2013 @ 6:03 AM

Great images. I’m hungry now :)

TidyMom — February 6, 2013 @ 6:16 AM

I’ve been enjoying your new photos as I’ve seen them around Lori!! So fun!!

I’m joining you as someone who’s never really hired a professional photographer, other than our oldest daughter’s senior pictures (we had a friend take pictures at our wedding too!) –

Having some fun family and blog photos taken is on my 2013 list!

Cookin Canuck — February 6, 2013 @ 6:20 AM

What an amazing group of photos! She definitely did a fantastic job of capturing you and Brooks. I especially love the one of you two laughing.

Ali | Gimme Some Oven — February 6, 2013 @ 6:28 AM

Great photos, Lori! I love the one of you giving him a kiss – his face is priceless! :)

Stacy Spensley — February 6, 2013 @ 9:32 AM

I love Amy! She just did our maternity shots and I can’t wait for her to do newborn photos in a few weeks (once we have a newborn ;p ).

megan @ whatmegansmaking — February 6, 2013 @ 9:56 AM

So fun!! Love all of them, and it’s obvious you have a great relationship with your son :)

Rabi — February 6, 2013 @ 10:45 AM

I really like and enjoy your photos- thats really nice .

Kelly — February 9, 2013 @ 1:15 PM

Thanks very much for sharing her work, Lori. Beautiful photos — truly enjoyed them and will keep her in mind for myself and others.

MikeVFMK — February 10, 2013 @ 5:20 PM

Love this! Family and personal portraits are such a personal and beautiful experience. Glad you had a wonderful times, the images are lovely.

aimee @ like mother like daughter — February 28, 2013 @ 10:40 AM

I love having my picture taken! But have lucked out working for a photographer in hs, my mom works there now, and winning free photo shoots. your pictures turned out great! where did you get those darling cups you were filling from?

• Lori Lange replied: — February 28th, 2013 @ 10:48 AM

Thanks- I got them at HomeGoods, I believe.

Averie @ Averie Cooks — February 28, 2013 @ 1:06 PM

I love this recommendation since I’m in San Diego and it’s good to always have someone like this! I love these images, Lori. Your son has grown up so much in just the last year…he’s truly a young man now. Wow! :)