My book is full of easy, family-friendly recipes that I hope you will make again and again. But there are also a few twists and turns in the book for people who do like to spend more time in the kitchen, and there are some fun options for those who like to entertain too. I can’t wait for you to see it and cook from it and bake from it with your friends and family.
The Recipe Girl Cookbook covers all meals of the day- 195 recipes in all!
My favorite recipe from each chapter:
- Breakfast: Challah French Toast with Kahlua Brown Sugar Bananas
- Lunch: Slow Cooker French Dip Sandwiches with Peppers and Caramelized Onions
- Happy Hour: Layered Mediterranean Spinach Dip
- Side Dishes: Brown Butter and Smoked Gouda Skillet Cornbread
- Dinner: Barbecue Sauced Shrimp and Bacon with Orzo
- Dessert: Snickers Bar Cheesecake Pie
I don’t need to follow a special diet and I didn’t create my cookbook for any sort of diet in particular. But I know how frustrating it is when you need to follow a special diet and recipes don’t offer any options for adaptations. I included symbols in my cookbook to help out people who follow gluten free, dairy free and vegetarian diets.
- 37 recipes in the book (W) are website favorites. The remaining 158 recipes were created especially for the book.
- 69 recipes in the book (V) are either naturally Vegetarian or adaptable (adaptations included)
- 116 recipes in the book (GF) are either naturally Gluten-Free or adaptable (adaptations included)
- 134 recipes in the book (DF) are either naturally Dairy-Free or adaptable (adaptations included)
I’ve always LOVED entertaining with friends, so the last chapter of my book offers 20 easy, themed menus for entertaining- using recipes from the book and offering easy tips for decor and time management. Entertaining should be fun and as stress-free as possible, and I show you how to do that.
Check out these friends, who reviewed the book and shared recipes:
- Monday (Breakfast): Two Peas and Their Pod – Peanut Butter and Jelly Muffins
- Tuesday (Lunch): Picky Palate– Avocado-Topped Hot Dogs with Creamy Chipotle Sauce
- Wednesday (Happy Hour): Eat, Live, Run– Sweet Smokin’ Hot Mango Chipotle Guacamole
- Thursday (Dinner): Kevin and Amanda– Cheese Ravioli with Brown Butter & Fresh Tomato Sauce
- Thursday (Dinner): FoodieCrush– Garlicky Swiss Chard and Chickpeas
- Friday (Dessert): RecipeBoy– Snickerdoodle Blondies
- Banana Carrot Cake Cupcakes from A Southern Fairytale
- Interview by Fox News
- Apple- Cranberry Hand Pies by Fox News
- Review and recipe photos by An Edible Mosaic
- Tortilla-Crusted Chicken Tenders by Fox News
- Recipe Girl: Dishing Out Good Everyday Eats by All Parenting
- Going From Foodie to Author by The Coast News
- Video Interview by The Daily Meal
- Tomato- Mascarpone Risotto and Giveaway by What’s Gaby Cooking
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Muffins by Two Peas and Their Pod
- Avocado-Topped Hot Dogs with Creamy Chipotle Sauce by Picky Palate
- Sweet Smokin’ Hot Mango Chipotle Guacamole by Eat Live Run
- Cheese Ravioli with Brown Butter & Fresh Tomato Sauce by Kevin and Amanda
- Garlicky Swiss Chard and Chickpeas by Foodiecrush
- Snickerdoodle Blondies by RecipeBoy
- Tortilla-Crusted Chicken Tenders by Taste and Tell
- Interview and Kitchen Tour by Add a Pinch
Giveaway (ended): Whole Foods Market Gift Card ($150) Next Post »
Giveaway (closed): Magnabilities Gift Card + Recipe Girl Cookbook