Stuff I’ve Gotta Share and You’ve Gotta See

I’m really loving this weekly feature of sharing stuff you’ve gotta see!  I come across way too many fun things in my foodie life on and off the internet, so I simply MUST SHARE!

Peanut Butter- Banana French Toast - RecipeGirl.com

1.  I can’t even tell you how excited I am about sharing this recipe with you:  Peanut Butter French Toast topped with Bananas and Honey!!   Rich challah egg bread dunked in a peanut buttery French toast batter and fried to perfection.  YUM.  You can find the recipe here:  Peanut Butter and Banana French Toast

Bacon Nation2.  I spotted this book today:  Bacon Nation by Peter Kaminsky & Marie Rama, and I am really looking forward to purchasing it!  We’re big BACON fans in our house. Here’s the description from Amazon: Bacon Nation is a bacon-lover’s dream, a collection of 125 smoky, savory, crispy, meaty, salty, and sweetly sensuous recipes that go right through the menu. Starters like Spiced Nuts with Bacon; Bacon, Pear, and Humboldt Fog Salad. Main courses featuring meats—Brawny Bacon Beef Bourguignon; poultry—Paella with Chicken and Bacon; fish—Flaky Cod Fillets with Bacon and Wine-Braised Fennel; and pasta, including an update of the classic Roman dish Bucatini all’Amatriciana. Even dessert: Rum Ice Cream with Candied Bacon Chips and Chocolate-Peanut-Bacon Toffee.

Culinary Covers Update May 8

3.  Here’s what’s been happening on my other food blog: Culinary Covers… Visit and find recipes that were shared for decadent and easy Caramel Pie, (healthier) baked Lemon-Buttermilk Doughnuts, gluten-free Blackberry Farm Griddle Cakes and breakfast for dinner: Chicken & Biscuit Waffles!  To get regular updates to Culinary Covers, subscribe HERE.

Avocado Bacon Toast with Honey

4.  And here’s what my almost-12-year-old RecipeBoy has been up to lately:  making Avocado- Bacon Toast drizzled with HONEY.  This is seriously the best snack ever, and it makes a pretty good alternative breakfast too.  And wait until you see what he has made as a “special Mother’s Day recipe” for this week >>  Lookie > HERE!

5.  If you happen to be in San Diego… check out the FOOD SECTION in the printed newspaper The UNION TRIBUNE on Wednesday, May 8th!  The kiddo and I were interviewed, and they featured us in the food section.  Kinda fun to be be featured together… the week of Mother’s Day!

19 Responses to “Stuff I’ve Gotta Share and You’ve Gotta See”

Pamela @ Brooklyn Farm Girl — May 7, 2013 @ 5:29 PM

The Lemon-Buttermilk Doughnuts look delicious!

Averie @ Averie Cooks — May 7, 2013 @ 5:54 PM

Congrats on being featured in the San Diego paper. I will pick up a copy tomorrow!

And that French Toast. That is CRAZY good looking, Lori. Like, perfect!!!!

Tieghan — May 7, 2013 @ 5:56 PM

So funny! I just post today coconut banana bread waffle french toast! I love the thick slices of challah bread you used!!

The Culinary Covers post have all bee to die for this week! Every one has left me drooling!

Your sons toast is SO my kind of toast! Holy YUM

Kiran @ KiranTarun.com — May 7, 2013 @ 9:49 PM

What a treat for Mother’s Day to be featured with your son! Yay :)

Chung-Ah | Damn Delicious — May 7, 2013 @ 10:18 PM

That french toast is to die for! And that avocado bacon toast? GENIUS! Congrats on The Union Tribute feature – you’re a rock star, Lori :)

Marie @ Little Kitchie — May 8, 2013 @ 4:13 AM

Drizzling that avocado toast with honey is genius! Best breakfast ever!

Laura Dembowski — May 8, 2013 @ 7:26 AM

I have recently fallen back in love with pancakes and waffles, so now I can’t wait to be reintroduced to french toast. Adding pb and banana sounds incredible!

Kelly Senyei | Just a Taste — May 8, 2013 @ 7:40 AM

What a fantastic roundup, Lori! Those doughnuts look incredible!

Lauren @ Rustic Honey — May 8, 2013 @ 8:14 AM

These all look amazing! Thanks for sharing! I love my french toast with banana and peanut butter… but will have to try with honey drizzle! P.S. I might have just ruined my keyboard drooling over that Avocado Bacon Toast! Seriously!?! Looks amazing! :)

kirsten@FarmFreshFeasts — May 8, 2013 @ 8:54 AM

Yum, Lori these photos are great!
    Congrats on the feature!

Liz @ Virtually Homemade — May 8, 2013 @ 9:05 AM

That bacon avocado toast with honey looks unbelievable! Bacon is a staple in our home too. Come on – it just makes everything better!

Marcie@flavorthemomens — May 8, 2013 @ 9:50 AM

PB&Banana French toast sounds so amazing! I eat pb&banana almost every day. The guacamole bacon toast looks so good too – I’m getting really hungry over here! I am in the San Diego area today, and saw the article – very inspiring! Congrats on all of your success!

• Lori Lange replied: — May 10th, 2013 @ 3:40 PM

Thank you!

Stacy | Wicked Good Kitchen — May 8, 2013 @ 10:11 AM

Lori, I am drooling over your Peanut Butter-Banana French Toast! Challah is the only way to go for French toast for this girl. Terrific food styling and use of color for the photograph of this recipe, too. So inviting! A great recipe round-up also. ELVIS would love you! xo

Carla @ Carlas Confections — May 8, 2013 @ 11:16 AM

Congrats on the feature! So exciting!! :) And my goodness all that food looks amazing! I love this weekly installment too :)

Erin @ Dinners, Dishes and Desserts — May 8, 2013 @ 3:56 PM

That toast looks incredible!! Congrats on being featured in the paper!

Kevin (Closet Cooking) — May 9, 2013 @ 11:04 AM

That is some really nice looking french toast!

Lisa Cornely — May 12, 2013 @ 4:37 PM

They all look amazing. Especially the PB Banana French. I made my take on it on Saturday and it was delicious. Thanks for sharing all of the wonderful ideas.

Nutmeg Nanny — May 12, 2013 @ 7:57 PM

Oh my goodness, that avocado bacon toast looks perfect! I love it :)