I’m really loving this weekly feature of sharing stuff you’ve gotta see! I come across way too many fun things in my foodie life on and off the internet, so I simply MUST SHARE!
1. I can’t even tell you how excited I am about sharing this recipe with you: Peanut Butter French Toast topped with Bananas and Honey!! Rich challah egg bread dunked in a peanut buttery French toast batter and fried to perfection. YUM. You can find the recipe here: Peanut Butter and Banana French Toast
2. I spotted this book today: Bacon Nation by Peter Kaminsky & Marie Rama, and I am really looking forward to purchasing it! We’re big BACON fans in our house. Here’s the description from Amazon: Bacon Nation is a bacon-lover’s dream, a collection of 125 smoky, savory, crispy, meaty, salty, and sweetly sensuous recipes that go right through the menu. Starters like Spiced Nuts with Bacon; Bacon, Pear, and Humboldt Fog Salad. Main courses featuring meats—Brawny Bacon Beef Bourguignon; poultry—Paella with Chicken and Bacon; fish—Flaky Cod Fillets with Bacon and Wine-Braised Fennel; and pasta, including an update of the classic Roman dish Bucatini all’Amatriciana. Even dessert: Rum Ice Cream with Candied Bacon Chips and Chocolate-Peanut-Bacon Toffee.
3. Here’s what’s been happening on my other food blog: Culinary Covers… Visit and find recipes that were shared for decadent and easy Caramel Pie, (healthier) baked Lemon-Buttermilk Doughnuts, gluten-free Blackberry Farm Griddle Cakes and breakfast for dinner: Chicken & Biscuit Waffles! To get regular updates to Culinary Covers, subscribe HERE.
4. And here’s what my almost-12-year-old RecipeBoy has been up to lately: making Avocado- Bacon Toast drizzled with HONEY. This is seriously the best snack ever, and it makes a pretty good alternative breakfast too. And wait until you see what he has made as a “special Mother’s Day recipe” for this week >> Lookie > HERE!
5. If you happen to be in San Diego… check out the FOOD SECTION in the printed newspaper The UNION TRIBUNE on Wednesday, May 8th! The kiddo and I were interviewed, and they featured us in the food section. Kinda fun to be be featured together… the week of Mother’s Day!