Stuff I’ve Gotta Share and You’ve Gotta See

My thoughts are with the folks of Oklahoma today.  I can’t even imagine what they’re all going through.  And every time I see one of those teachers talking on camera and hugging their students, it brings me to tears since I was once a teacher myself. Sending big hugs and the strength to get through it all to everyone affected.

Here are a few things this week that I’ve just gotta share and you’ve gotta see…

Campfire Ice Cream Cake 600

What I’m sharing over on Parade Magazine’s Food Blog this week:  10 Easy Ice Cream Cake Recipes (including the Campfire Cake shown above!)

Pinterest Boards
I’m sure I’m not the only one addicted to Pinterest.  Besides the fun of just pinning favorite things I see on the internet, I’m finding that I actually USE Pinterest and go back into my boards many times and make recipes or look for decorating ideas, etc.  Here are some of my favorite Pinterest boards!  As much as I want to add scantily clad, sexy cowboys to my Everything Cowboys board, it’s mostly filled with recipes like Cowboy Cookies and Cowboy Chili and adorable cowboy boots, etc.  Sweet Strawberries is another one that I love- beautiful recipes with fresh strawberries.  My Red, White and Blue board is a rather large collection of recipes that are red/white and blue!  And I adore my Bacon Bacon BACON board and my Avocado Obsession board too.  Oh and then there’s my COOKIE MONSTER board!!  Do you have a fun Pinterest board I should know about?

Brooks 12th Birthday

Today is my son’s birthday!  He’s 12 today.  In other words, he’s 4 years away from begging us to drive one of our cars and 6 years away from the serious financial obligation of college!  His blog turns two today too- please go wish him a Happy Birthday on the birthday post I wrote for him – he loves the attention :)

Culinary Covers May 2013

Here’s what’s new on my other food blog:  Culinary Covers- Salmon Burgers with Yogurt Dill Sauce, Pimiento Mac and Cheese, Chicken- Mango Tacos, and Simple Layer Cake with Vanilla Frosting.  If you are interested in getting email updates for new posts on Culinary Covers, you can subscribe HERE.

CrockPot Italian Chicken with Tomatoes

Here’s a recipe I found on Pinterest that I made for my family last weekend.  It was super easy, and my family devoured it:  Crockpot Italian Chicken with Tomatoes by The Comfort of Cooking blog.

Dinner at RecipeGirls House
And here’s a sweet post that my friend Sandy of Reluctant Entertainer wrote about coming and staying with me and my house in San Diego and what I served for dinner (one of our family’s favorite meals of all time!)

QVC Appearance
And FINALLY!!!! Tomorrow is the big, BIG day.  I’m on my way to Pennsylvania today, where QVC headquarters are located.  I’ll be on tomorrow- Wednesday, May 22nd- In the Kitchen with David show- somewhere in the 5 to 7 PST range, and 8 to 10 EST.  I hope you’ll watch and cheer me on and buy a book or two or three.  It’s all so exciting and I can’t wait!

Have a great rest of the week :)

17 Responses to “Stuff I’ve Gotta Share and You’ve Gotta See”

Averie @ Averie Cooks — May 21, 2013 @ 11:59 AM

Happy Bday to Recipe Boy! And love how you put the age in terms of driving and college tuition :)

What a fun pic of you, Sandy, Heidi and looks like you’re all having a blast!

Anna @ Crunchy Creamy Sweet — May 21, 2013 @ 5:50 PM

I’ll be watching you tomorrow! So exciting!
    So many delightful recipes on Culinary Covers this week. Pinned them all!
    Happy Birthday to RecipeBoy!

Kristin @ Dizzy Busy and Hungry — May 21, 2013 @ 6:17 PM

So exciting! Good luck!

Tieghan — May 21, 2013 @ 6:28 PM

You have the best pinterest boards and I am honored to be on a few of them! Thank you!

Happy birthday to recipe boy!! 12 is a very fun age!

I am so DVRing you tomorrow! Good luck, I can not wait to watch! Yay!

patsy — May 22, 2013 @ 6:17 AM

Good luck today on your QVC appearance! You will be awesome!

Amanda — May 22, 2013 @ 10:36 AM

What a great mom you are! Happy birthday RecipeBoy! :)

Kelly Senyei | Just a Taste — May 22, 2013 @ 12:01 PM

Love this roundup, Lori! So much to celebrate!

Liz (formerly VeggieGirl) — May 22, 2013 @ 12:11 PM

Happy birthday to Recipe Boy! And I’m DVRing your QVC appearance – can’t wait to watch!

Stacy | Wicked Good Kitchen — May 22, 2013 @ 12:19 PM

Happy Birthday, Recipe Boy! Thanks for sharing. And…have a blast on QVC today! Just be yourself. You’ll knock it outta the park! :) xo

Marysue (@NativeOrchid) Feltman — May 22, 2013 @ 12:36 PM

Sending birthday wishes to your cutie-pie Recipe Boy! Sending congrats to YOU, and I’m DVRn you, too!! I am addicted to Pinterest (and following you and some other yummm blogs!) and love, love, love the wonderful food pins I’ve collected! I, too, have gone back and made a recipe, then pond it on the group board, “Pinned It, Tried It, Loved It”. But one of my favorite boards is my “Purple Passion” board! A sea of various shades of my favorite color. Please check it out! I’m pinning under my shortened name, Mary Feltman.

nessa — May 22, 2013 @ 12:41 PM

Happy Birthday! 12 is a good year from what I remember!

Georgia @ The Comfort of Cooking — May 22, 2013 @ 2:27 PM

Happy birthday to your son, and thanks so much for featuring my recipe, Lori! Hope you enjoyed your QVC appearance today!

The Healthy Apple — May 22, 2013 @ 6:00 PM

SO exciting! Happy Bday to your beautiful boy and can’t wait to hear about QVC. xoox

Barbara Crowe — May 22, 2013 @ 7:39 PM

You did great on QVC. All your recipes and foods looked wonderful. David seems to love all your recipes. Good luck with your cookbook, Can,t wait to try some of your recipes. Barbara

Marcie — May 22, 2013 @ 8:56 PM

Hope your son had a happy birthday! He looked very content in that photo. I’m out of town this week bit set my DVR to record your qvc program. Can’t wait to see it!

Sommer @ ASpicyPerspective — May 23, 2013 @ 6:59 AM

So excited for you! Good luck on the show!! We’ll be cheering you on!

Nutmeg Nanny — May 25, 2013 @ 7:53 AM

Happy birthday to your son :)
    that crock pot Italian chicken looks amazing!