Stuff I’ve Gotta Share and You’ve Gotta See

Here ya go… this week’s gossip on Stuff I’ve Gotta Share and You’ve Gotta See…

Cherry Limeade Popsicles Vertical

Here’s the delicious and summery recipe I shared on Parade Magazine’s blog this week:  Cherry- Limeade Popsicles.  I guess you could say that I’m a little enamored with Cherry Limeade this week since I shared that Cherry Limeade Sangria recipe too!  What can I say… it’s good stuff!

Allen's Boots

I went to Austin, Texas last weekend- yee hah!  I love that city so much… even though it’s sticky and miserably hot in the summer.  I stopped by Allen’s Boots on South Congress (boot HEAVEN).  I must admit that I was tempted… but I managed to keep $600 in my pocket instead of splurging on a single pair of boots (yes, most of them are that expensive!)  I hit my usual favorite eateries: Moonshine and Parkside and had a lovely lunch with Cathy from Noble Pig at Annie’s.  And I sampled breakfast tacos at Guero’s Taco Bar too.  Austin has the best food ever.

BlogHerFood 2013

I attended the BlogHerFood conference while in Austin, where I spoke about using Twitter and Facebook.  I was also there helping BAILEYS Coffee Creamers share their new flavors with the crowd, and we shared the dessert recipes I created for them too!  These girls here are some of my favorite bloggers (pictured left to right): Cheryl from TidyMom, Kristen from Dine & Dish, Sommer from A Spicy Perspective, Sandy from Reluctant Entertainer, Brenda from A Farmgirl’s Dabbles, Heather from Farmgirl Gourmet, and me!

Pancakes_Cover_1

There’s a new cookbook in town!  This one is from a sweet friend of mine:  Adrianna Adarme from the blog- A Cozy Kitchen: “Pancakes!”  This is a book full of both sweet and savory pancake treats- basic, breakfast and dinner.  Imagine recipes for things like Apple Pie Pancakes, Blueberry Ricotta Pancakes, Banana Bourbon Pancakes, Goat Cheese & Grits Cakes and Cheddar- Bacon Pancakes.  Topping recipes are included too… Berry Butters, Blueberry- Maple Syrup- Mmmm!  I look forward to making some of these pancakes from Adrianna’s new book!  You can purchase this book on Amazon.

POM Vodka

A local San Diego blogging friend of mine (Laura from Family Spice) surprised me yesterday with this homemade POMEGRANATE VODKA!  I haven’t opened it yet, but I’m very excited to do so!  Thank you, Laura!!  She shows you how to make this stuff on her blog:  How to Make Pomegranate- Infused Vodka (I can’t believe how ridiculously easy it is!)

Albion Petal Suit

Shopping for bathing suits ranks right up there with watching car auctions on TV on my list of worst things to do.  When I find a good bathing suit that actually fits and looks semi-flattering on me, I’m so happy!  My friend Kristen bought this one from Albion and is loving it.  I might just have to check it out!

Taste of Home Feature
And finally, I haven’t actually seen the magazine in real life yet (I can’t seem to find it anywhere!!), but there is a little RecipeGirl interview and recipe in the June issue of Taste at Home magazine.  My 5 minutes of fame in a cooking magazine- yay!

Have a wonderful week – weekend, and I’ll catch you next week!

Disclosure:  There are Amazon affiliate links included in this post.  Any mention of other products is just because I wanted to mention them.  No sponsorships here.

29 Responses to “Stuff I’ve Gotta Share and You’ve Gotta See”

Averie @ Averie Cooks — June 12, 2013 @ 3:42 AM

Those boots! I would have been so tempted. Gorgeous. Wow. I would love a pair!

And congrats on the T of H mention. Very cool!

Stacy | Wicked Good Kitchen — June 12, 2013 @ 5:07 AM

Oh, my stars! You girls look like you were having a wicked good time in Austin! I think we need to champion a return to that city full of blissful eats for BHF 2014! (I mean, “The Mothership” Whole Foods is there.) We should, right? And, OMG…I was sent the premiere issue of Taste at Home (I think, in 1992 or so?) and still have it. Such a fun, homey foodie mag. Yay for the Recipe Girl feature and great ice pops recipe! xo

Chelsea — June 12, 2013 @ 5:35 AM

I saw you in Taste of Home magazine yesterday and thought — there’s recipegirl, my fav food blogger!

• Lori Lange replied: — June 12th, 2013 @ 7:33 AM

awe, thank you!!!

Tieghan — June 12, 2013 @ 5:41 AM

Congrats on the taste of home article! How fun!

Austin looks like a blast and man those boots are awesome!

shelly (cookies and cups) — June 12, 2013 @ 5:43 AM

SO fun seeing you last week!! Those boots…!!

Sheila Johnson — June 12, 2013 @ 5:54 AM

Lori,
    so great to see you this past weekend! great round up! And congrats on getting in Taste of Home Magazine! xoxo Sheila

Brenda @ Sugar-Free Mom — June 12, 2013 @ 6:01 AM

Those Popsicle looks heavenly! SO sad I couldn’t attend BHF, but hope to make it next year! Can’t wait to meet so many fabulous bloggers I admire! Good job on the restraint at the boot shop cause those look mighty fine! Congrats on the magazine debut !!

Ali | Gimme Some Oven — June 12, 2013 @ 6:11 AM

Love this roundup! And congratulations on the Taste of Home feature!!! We have it here in KC — I’ll have to go find a copy! :)

Laura @ Family Spice — June 12, 2013 @ 7:02 AM

I’m super jealous about the boots – and I grew up in Texas! Luckily we might be going back for a visit this Christmas. Thanks for the mention on the vodka. Hope you enjoy every drop of it!

Annamaria @ Bakewell Junction — June 12, 2013 @ 7:36 AM

Lori,
    I saw so many tweets about the blog her conference and I wish I could have been there. Great photos. You look like you had a wonderful time.
    Annamaria

marcie@flavor the moments — June 12, 2013 @ 9:25 AM

Austin looked like a great time. Maybe I’ll make the conference next year — this year just didn’t work for me. Pomegranate vodka sounds like trouble. I love pomegranate! Congrats on the article in Taste at Home!

Amy @ What Jew Wanna Eat — June 12, 2013 @ 10:35 AM

Nice meeting you and glad you enjoyed Austin- I agree that the food is the best!! I did spend that much on my boots, but I justified it by wearing them nearly every day. The cost per wear is minimal!

Rachel @ Baked by Rachel — June 12, 2013 @ 10:57 AM

Those popsicles need to be in my life asap! Congrats on the feature.

Georgia @ The Comfort of Cooking — June 12, 2013 @ 2:45 PM

So glad you had fun in Austin, Lori! It was such a treat to meet you and hear you speak at the Brands panel. Thanks for sharing these lovely photos and features, too!

nessa — June 12, 2013 @ 3:05 PM

I was so excited when I saw you in TOH!

Jamie — June 12, 2013 @ 3:14 PM

Just got the magazine in the mail last week and saw the interview. Congrats!

Brenda @ a farmgirl's dabbles — June 12, 2013 @ 4:19 PM

Great stuff, love the cherry limeade recipes! I so enjoyed meeting you, Lori. Finally! Congrats on the feature in Taste of Home – I’ll have to keep my eye open for it.

Dana — June 12, 2013 @ 6:43 PM

You had me at cherry limeade pops! Those look amazing :) I also just bought a bathing suit from Albion (the charcoal gown one piece) and it fits awesomely! I may just buy another one.
    -Dana

Sommer@ASpicyPerspective — June 12, 2013 @ 9:10 PM

Lori, it was great to get to hang with you a bit last weekend! Hopefully we’ll get to do it again soon. :)

Love that read suit!

The Healthy Apple — June 13, 2013 @ 6:06 AM

Awesome Lori! Congrats on this magazine feature and I can’t wait to try those popsicles. Had a great time with you in Austin. xoox

MariaV — June 13, 2013 @ 9:12 AM

Congratulations on the article!

Will — June 14, 2013 @ 4:03 AM

I like that pancake cookbook Lori and that boots! Adorable! :-)

Shawn @ I Wash You Dry — June 14, 2013 @ 4:37 PM

Oh, so much awesomeness in one post! I love that picture of the boots. Too cute!

Adrianna from A Cozy Kitchen — June 14, 2013 @ 8:38 PM

Thank you, friend! And congrats on the feature–so awesome. And thousand island dressing on a burger screams “California girl!”

Sally — June 15, 2013 @ 4:01 PM

I don’t have popsicle molds, so I think I’d make cherry lime granita. Since we’re all adults here, I might add a little vodka to it. Granitas are a favorite summer dessert.

I’ll have to look for Taste of Home. I agree with you about corn. There’s a 4-6 week period every summer when my meals always include and may consist entirely of corn, tomatoes, green beans and melon or stone fruits. I look forward to it every year!

Carla — June 16, 2013 @ 5:24 PM

If I see an extra copy of that magazine, I’ll pick it up for you! Sometimes the used bookstores have it, if not when it was published, then they may have it later on. If you have a Barnes and Noble, check their magazine section. Oh can you email the person who interviewed you for a copy? If you still can’t find it, I can send you my copy after I save the recipes I want from it. It’s more important to you than me ;)

Kiran @ KiranTarun.com — June 17, 2013 @ 1:56 PM

Laura’s vodka looks so delish! And that popsicles and boots?!? I want it all :)

Nutmeg Nanny — June 19, 2013 @ 7:24 PM

I love this post :) those popsicles look super tasty, can’t wait to make some for myself!