Stuff I’ve Gotta Share and You’ve Gotta See

More Stuff I’ve Gotta Share and You’ve Gotta See… the summer ice cream week edition!

Lemon Pie Ice Cream
The moment I laid eyes on this ice cream from Amy at She Wears Many Hats, I fell in love.  Isn’t it beautiful?  It’s what prompted me to use it as the feature photo in my post on Parade Magazine‘s blog this week:  10 Ice Cream Recipes You Must Try.  Be sure to check it out since there are tempting flavors like S’Mores Ice Cream, Fat Elvis Ice Cream (seriously), and Blueberry Cheesecake Ice Cream.

FoodieCrush-Cover-Summer13-450
This new issue of the online magazine FOODIECRUSH is one you won’t want to miss.  It has some cool summer treats in it that are mouthwatering, BUT it also has an article on TEEN FOOD BLOGGERS, and GUESS WHO MADE IT IN THERE??!!  RECIPEBOY!  There’s a nice little feature in there on my son Brooks.  I’m so proud of that little guy- such a sweetie.  And he even shares a recipe (his own).  Check out the magazine here:  FoodieCrush Magazine Summer Issue

Frozen-Caramel-Toffee-Ice-Cream-Dessert

This dessert here remains one of my all-time favorite summer desserts (and everyone who eats it says the same thing!)  It’s ice cream sandwiches layered with a bunch of good stuff and all frozen into a large pan where you can divvy up slices.  It’s always a big hit at summer BBQ’s:  Frozen Caramel Toffee Ice Cream Sandwich Dessert

The Perfect Scoop

This is -by far- the best book for ice cream recipes that I’ve ever come across:  The Perfect Scoop by David Lebovitz.

And here are some adorable ice cream things I spotted on Etsy:

Ice Cream IPhone

Ice cream themed covers for your iPhone.  Love.

Ice Cream Spoons

These personalized ice cream spoons could be a really fun gift for your sweetie.
Ice Cream T

And I always love food-themed T-shirts.  They’re just fun, and they always get noticed… if you’re into being noticed:  Keep Calm and Eat Ice Cream T-shirt

Snickerdoodle Milkshakes
I might DIE if I ever eat one of these Snickerdoodle Milkshakes (spotted on Lil’ Luna blog).  I love Snickerdoodles more than words can say, so the fact that there is a Snickerdoodle Milkshake out there that is available for consumption is just too much for me to bear.

Cuisinart-Frozen-Yogurt-Sorbet-and-Ice-Cream-Maker

And since we’re all talking about ice cream today, I thought I’d share my favorite ice cream maker:  The Cuisinart 2-Quart.  It’s my work-horse in the summer for making my family all kinds of homemade ice cream.  It’s easy to use (turn it on and watch the ice cream base twirl around until it turns into ice cream), and it’s really a lot of fun to have around.

That’s it for today.  Craving ice cream now?  :)

18 Responses to “Stuff I’ve Gotta Share and You’ve Gotta See”

marla — July 16, 2013 @ 9:52 AM

Love the whimsy of this post!

marcie@flavor the moments — July 16, 2013 @ 10:44 AM

SO many great ice cream treats….I love them all. That layered ice cream sandwich dessert looks crazy good, as does that snickerdoodle milkshake! Congrats to your son for his article! He’s definitely following in your footsteps.

Kristyn — July 16, 2013 @ 12:11 PM

Thank you so much for featuring my Snickerdoodle Shake! Have a great day. :)

• Lori Lange replied: — July 19th, 2013 @ 9:45 AM

Your so welcome!

Des @ Life's Ambrosia — July 16, 2013 @ 1:46 PM

So many fun things! Those s’mores bars with the ice cream sandwiches…SWOON!

bridget {bake at 350} — July 16, 2013 @ 2:39 PM

Yes, yes, yes and YES! Love it all!!!

Tieghan — July 16, 2013 @ 8:10 PM

Yes, yes, yes!! An all ice cream post? I love it!!

Congrats to Brooks! I read his Q&A. He did an awesome job!! I am so excited to be featured with him!

I just ordered that ice cream maker, mine was getting old! It will be here tomorrow! So excited!

Stacy | Wicked Good Kitchen — July 16, 2013 @ 8:38 PM

Wonderful ice cream themed post, Lori! It seems it is all I have been pinning lately…frozen treats of all kinds, LOL. Have a happy Ice Cream Month!

Jennifer Sikora — July 17, 2013 @ 5:25 AM

Thanks for sharing all these yummy ice cream treats. They Sounds amazing! I have a Cuisinart too and we have been making blackberry ice cream – to die for!!! Can’t wait to try some of these.

Cindy Parisi — July 17, 2013 @ 5:25 AM

My granddaughter loves Snickerdoodles–I can’t wait for us to make this milkshake this weekend. I haven’t seen the ice cream but I am on the lookout now.

Jessica@AKitchenAddiction — July 17, 2013 @ 7:25 AM

So many fun ice cream things! Love those spoons!

Carla @ Carlas Confections — July 17, 2013 @ 8:52 AM

Definitely craving ice cream now :) Congrats to Brooks! So awesome!!! :D

Georgia @ The Comfort of Cooking — July 17, 2013 @ 10:14 AM

I love this fabulous frozen treats-inspired post, Lori! All of these ice creams look incredible, and that iPhone case? I die.

Karen @ Sugartown Sweets — July 17, 2013 @ 3:42 PM

I’ve told hubby it’s time to replace our old ice cream maker. I really need to make some ice cream..and this one seems perfect! Love the Snickerdoodle shake!

Faith — July 18, 2013 @ 4:49 PM

What a fun post, Lori! I’m loving everything ice cream right now too…those personalized spoons are adorable! And I’m lusting after that Snickerdoodle Milkshake. :)

Jenny Flake — July 19, 2013 @ 9:20 AM

So fun Lori!! Love the ice cream phone cases!!

Melissa M — July 20, 2013 @ 10:01 AM

Ice Cream…. my not so guilty pleasure!

Nessa — July 21, 2013 @ 12:19 PM

Love those iPhone cases! And congrats to Brooks on being featured! You must be so proud of him :)