Stuff I’ve Gotta Share and You’ve Gotta See

Here we are again… with more Stuff I’ve Gotta Share and You’ve Gotta See! >

Best Brownie Recipes

Here’s what I’m sharing on Parade Magazine‘s food blog this week:  10 Best Brownie Recipes (everything you see here- even including the best gluten-free brownie recipe ever).  It’s a good link to save to your bookmarks tab for when you’re in the brownie-making mood (which might be very, very soon after you see what recipes I’m sharing!)

KA Mixer

I need your help.  I’m trying to decide between the PERSIMMON and GLOSSY CINNAMON KitchenAid Stand Mixer.  My kitchen has stainless steel appliances, and the only color in the kitchen is a moss green wall at the far end… away from the counter where the mixer will live.  The adjacent family room has a lot of greens and browns in it.  The adjacent dining room (a door separates kitchen from dining room) is green/burgundy/yellow.  And my office (which you can see from the kitchen) has an orange wall.  I’ve narrowed it down to these two colors.  Which one should I get?!

Culinary Covers Sept 10
Here are the delicious recipes that have been shared on my other blog (Culinary Covers) in recent weeks: Berry Cobbler (Mmm!), Two-Cheese Macaroni and Cheese (a delicious, low-fat version), Chocolate- Almond Cake (naturally gluten-free), and Soy- Glazed Flank Steak with Blistered Green Beans (great dinner idea!)  Be sure to subscribe to Culinary Covers too so you don’t miss any new recipes.

Running Guru

I’ve been toying with the idea of training for another race (I ran a half marathon a couple of years ago, and it was so good for my body!)  Running Guru is the website I’ve been looking at- they have quite a nice variety of training schedules for all levels.  Check it out if you’re a runner or want to be one!  I’m thinking about using their 10K training program- they have a half-marathon training schedule too.  And if you’re searching for races that are offered in your area, they share that info too.

Art of SLUSH

My friend Jennifer from the blog- Savory Simple has written a book:  The Art of Slush- Creative and delicious recipes for slushies milkshakes, smoothies and more!   It would be such a fun cookbook to add to a cookbook collection, wouldn’t it?  It is being exclusively sold through Zoku’s website and Williams-Sonoma. There is more information about the book as well as a sample recipe for Blood Orange Mojito Sparking Slush on Jennifer’s blog.

Sundance Catalog

Am I the very last person alive to discover the Sundance catalog?  I’ve been spending an inordinate amount of time poking through their website.  Here are four tops that I’ve put on my wish list for fall- all completely my style.  Do you like any of them?  Should I splurge and get one or two or four?

Chorizo-7-Layer-Mexican-Dip

My sweet friend Stacy of the blog- Wicked Good Kitchen reviewed my cookbook on her blog a few days ago.  She took the time to write a rather extensive and thoughtful review, so it’s worth checking out if you’re thinking about buying The Recipe Girl Cookbook.  ALSO… she adapted the SoCal Mexican Layer Dip recipe from my book to make this Chorizo 7-Layer Mexican Dip.  Perfect recipe for football Sunday, don’t you think?

Home T Shirts

I am absolutely in love with these Home T-Shirts.  I want to get a Nevada one for myself (embracing my new home), but I also want to buy them for all of my friends who love their home state!  A portion of the profits are donated to Multiple Sclerosis research (nice!)

Fall Recipes
And finally, I don’t know if you’re ready yet… if your weather is cooler or if you’ve started to shift toward craving things like apples and pumpkin, but I’ve got a few recipes to get you started on fall (all breakfast-themed):  Pumpkin Pie Pancakes from Justataste.com (that forkful can make it’s way over yonder and feed me).  Then there are these Pumpkin-Beer Waffles from Hungrygirlporvida.com (might be fun for football Sunday, and they may go over well with the guys when you tell them they get to have beer for breakfast).  And I might as well share my Pumpkin Spice Latte recipe again (make it yourself instead of shelling out $5/per treat, and you’ll save a bunch of cash this fall).

That’s it for this week, my friends!

66 Responses to “Stuff I’ve Gotta Share and You’ve Gotta See”

Norma | Allspice and Nutmeg — September 10, 2013 @ 7:25 AM

A tough decision on the mixer colors. They’re both great colors. Since you have to choose one, I’d go with the burgundy.

Jody Gates — September 10, 2013 @ 7:28 AM

I like the persimmon. Love these posts.

Madison — September 10, 2013 @ 7:38 AM

YUM! This makes me happy and hungry. :)

Joanna H. — September 10, 2013 @ 7:51 AM

Persimmon. And on the shirts, top left and bottom right. I have to go check out this catalog now.

Jen @ Savory Simple — September 10, 2013 @ 7:53 AM

Thanks so much for the cookbook shout out!

Stacy | Wicked Good Kitchen — September 10, 2013 @ 8:01 AM

Another great edition of “Stuff”, Lori! The brownies you picked for Parade…all fabulous! Just finishing my roundup and there is a special category for Chocolate Chip Cookie dough. Of course, there is a link to your epic Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies (even though they are from last year, they’re still pinning crazy-mad at Pinterest!) as well as other Recipe Girl links. For the KitchenAid mixer, I like the Gloss Cinnamon and am getting one for Christmas photography. It matches my kitchen, too. Love the Sundance Catalog and your selections…so boho pretty. Dig those Home T-shirts! And, thanks so much for the link love. It was my pleasure to review your wonderful cookbook. It’s filled with many recipe favorites with creative twists as well as plenty of new recipes which will keep home cooks from experiencing a recipe rotation rut in meal planning. There’s plenty of ideas and tips for entertaining and family-friendly holiday celebrations, too. LOVE that you coded the recipes for special diets as well! Thanks for sharing, my friend! xo

Shari — September 10, 2013 @ 9:35 AM

I think the GLOSSY CINNAMON

Kelly Senyei | Just a Taste — September 10, 2013 @ 10:04 AM

Thanks for including my Pumpkin Pie Pancakes, Lori! What a wonderful roundup of goodies!

Kim N — September 10, 2013 @ 10:24 AM

I love the glossy cinnamon! Also love all 4 of those tops!

Sheila — September 10, 2013 @ 10:25 AM

I love all of it!! I’d go with the glossy cinnamon…and Oh thanks for shaing the Home T-shirts!! love them

Angie — September 10, 2013 @ 12:02 PM

Definitely the glossy cinnamon. I am coveting it already. :-)

marcie@flavor the moments — September 10, 2013 @ 12:22 PM

I vote for the Glossy Cinnamon — I love dark red! It’s such a warm, cozy color. That Chorizo 7 Layer dip looks amazing!

Anna @ Crunchy Creamy Sweet — September 10, 2013 @ 2:35 PM

The brownies round-up makes me crave them like crazy! Love the links in this post, Lori! And I vote for the Glossy Cinnamon – GORGEOUS!!

Heather Huggins — September 10, 2013 @ 3:32 PM

I pick the Glossy Cinnamon mixer.. :O)

Bianca — September 10, 2013 @ 3:40 PM

My vote is for the Glossy Cinnamon. Also, I love the two shirts on the right side of the collage.

Averie @ Averie Cooks — September 10, 2013 @ 3:52 PM

I’ve been knee-deep in pumpkin all of 2013. But I only posted my first on-blog recipe for it…today! And totally agree about making PSLs at home rather than shelling $5 for them! So much better on all fronts!

Love the brownies, and Jen’s book, the pumpkin – fun post!

Chocolate Lover ^.^ — September 10, 2013 @ 5:44 PM

Looks good!
    For the mixer, I’d go with the glossy cinnamon, such a beautiful color :)

For the shirts, the top left one’s cute :)

And the brownies look AWESOME!!!!!!!!

Paige — September 10, 2013 @ 6:59 PM

God I miss The Penguin. Wish it was still there! They had the best tacos with sour cream. Hope you are doing well Lori and settling in… I enjoy reading your blog!

Tieghan — September 10, 2013 @ 7:23 PM

All those brownies? YUM!! This post was full of so much deliciousness. I am eating dinner, but now feel the need for brownies and pumpkin beer waffles!

I have been baking with apples and pumpkin all week and am so excited for fall foods! All these links are great! Oh and I like the orange mixer, I have always wanted an orange one!

Susie — September 10, 2013 @ 8:16 PM

You’re definitely the last person to find Sundance! Without ANY doubt, you should get the persimmon. It’s a beautiful color and will look great in your kitchen. The cinnamon is too “safe”.

Kiran @ KiranTarun.com — September 10, 2013 @ 9:22 PM

My vote is for the persimmon. Beautiful warmth!

ps: drooling over the brownie collection. Wow.

R.K. — September 11, 2013 @ 5:14 AM

I have a feeling that that cinnamon one is perfect!! It’s very soothing and belongs in your kitchen…

EllenCF — September 11, 2013 @ 5:19 AM

I would go with the Cinnamon… would compliment all the other colors without clashing

Gina — September 11, 2013 @ 5:20 AM

In my opinion you want to add a splash of color, go with PERSIMMON.

The Home T — September 11, 2013 @ 5:21 AM

Thank you so much for sharing The Home T with your readers!

Ryan
    @TheHomeT

donna — September 11, 2013 @ 5:25 AM

I love orange but I would go with the Glossy Cinnamon – looks great with what you have and, at least for me, this would be a huge investment that I would have to live with for a very long time. I can remember the avocado greens and harvest golds of the 60’s and 70’s – wouldn’t want to have to live with them for 15 years. The Glossy cinnamon would work with many other colors as well.

Liz (formerly VeggieGirl) — September 11, 2013 @ 5:33 AM

First of all, I LOVE the top 10 brownie recipe list. Excellent choices! Second, I like the Persimmon color of the KitchenAid the best.

Liz (formerly VeggieGirl) — September 11, 2013 @ 5:40 AM

P.S. – also finally getting your cookbook soon :)

Paula — September 11, 2013 @ 5:45 AM

Definitely Cinnamon-before I ever looked at the colors I thought that. My KA is white and old, but I will keep trying to win a new colorful one in every blog contest I see!

Donna D — September 11, 2013 @ 5:51 AM

My favorite is the dark orange one.

nicole @ I am a Honey Bee — September 11, 2013 @ 5:59 AM

PERSIMMON!
    Love it!

Gayla — September 11, 2013 @ 5:59 AM

Really like the glossy cinnamon. Splurge…go for all 4. Love them all. The home shirts are wonderful. I have a brother with ms and anything helps to find a cure. Thank you!

Lori Lange — September 11, 2013 @ 6:14 AM

You’re welcome! I can’t wait to order mine, and I’m thinking they’ll make cute birthday gifts too!

Toni Peterson — September 11, 2013 @ 6:45 AM

I really love your website and newsletter! Wow, I’m new to you. I am a Pioneer Woman gal, but read about your cookbook yesterday on her website, and I’m a fan. I”m a Mom to two daughters, own my own business, and love, love, love to cook! I wish I was doing exactly what you are doing! Love to hear all you have to offer. Very nice information. I’m making several of your recipes today!!!

Janet R — September 11, 2013 @ 6:56 AM

I think the cinnamon color mixer will be the best in the long run… :)

Alexandra Flowers — September 11, 2013 @ 6:59 AM

I think the persimmon would go best with your other rooms – as long as it doesn’t clash with your office. The cinnamon might clash with the colors in the dining room and it sounds like that room is more visible from the kitchen. But really Kitchen Aid your colors are AMAZING!

three feathers — September 11, 2013 @ 7:03 AM

both mixers are very pretty but if it were me, i’d most def go with the PERSIMMON

love sundance catalog, it’s been years since i’ve ordered anything tho; time to change that

brownies look decadent…..will have to try ‘em out ;0)

lynne — September 11, 2013 @ 7:05 AM

you my dear girl, are in the naughty chair…for those brownie recipes, what with WW,
    now what do I do? So I will take it out on you…not new Kitchen-aid or new tops for one week….your grounded :-) There now I feel better.

Dawn F — September 11, 2013 @ 7:15 AM

Definitely persimmon! Love to add color wherever I can!! It will give your kitchen a nice pop!

Kayle (The Cooking Actress) — September 11, 2013 @ 7:15 AM

Eee so many cool things! I must say, though, I think you should get the glossy cinnamon stand mixer :D

Debbie Caraballo — September 11, 2013 @ 7:19 AM

Hey Lori!

Love the brownies, adore the tee shirts, and the little Sundance stuff -I’m way too chunky for those! Lol
    The pumpkin recipes looks delicious!
    As for the KitchenAid – I adore the Burnished Cinnamon. At times I wish I’d chosen it, instead of my glossy black. However, I opted for the ‘go with everything’ color. Cinnamon…is it!

Deb

Debbie Caraballo — September 11, 2013 @ 7:20 AM

OOPS! “Glossy” Cinnamon…sorry ’bout that!

shari wick — September 11, 2013 @ 7:36 AM

either would look wonderful but i believe I would choose the persimmon for a pop of color…..

jennfier — September 11, 2013 @ 7:51 AM

I have the glossy cinammon….so that’s my vote :) No matter what color you go with it sounds like it will work though.

Candice — September 11, 2013 @ 8:01 AM

I like the glossy cinnamon.

Also, the pumpkin-beer waffles look delish! And for the shirts, I like the top right.

Ginny Marshall — September 11, 2013 @ 8:11 AM

Go with the Persimmon!!

Christy — September 11, 2013 @ 8:15 AM

LOVE the glossy cinnamon!!

Jackie Hammond — September 11, 2013 @ 8:34 AM

I would have to go with the cinnamon color on the mixers.

On the shirts I would have to say bottom left and top right. and the HOME T-shirts are both great. Thanks for sharing and I love all the recipes. They all sound just great. Will have to try some of them when I get the money. Makes me hungry even after just having eaten.

Brenda @ Sugar-Free Mom — September 11, 2013 @ 8:57 AM

I love the kitchenaid on the right, whichever that one is is so deep and rich in color I can’t take my eyes away from it!

slsinclair — September 11, 2013 @ 9:02 AM

I’m thinking I would want the persimmon for a little shot of color, but you seem to gravitate to the greens and browns, and I do love the sophistication of the brown…. go with your heart…. Susan

Jennifer Essad — September 11, 2013 @ 9:11 AM

I’m a fan of both colors – but the “Glossy Cinnamon” is beautiful and the one I would choose

Alyssa (Everyday Maven) — September 11, 2013 @ 9:57 AM

Those t-shirts are awesome! As for the mixer – I say Glossy Cinnamon!

chacha — September 11, 2013 @ 10:21 AM

THE GLOSSY CINNAMON OF COURSE BUT PUT A SMALL PICTURE AWAY FROM THE MIXER ON A WALL OR COUNTER ISLAND AND THAT WLL SURELY OFFSET IT ALL. MAYBE A PICTURE WITH 5X9 or 8×10 FRAME??????? WITH QUILT DESIGNT TO PICKUP SURROUNDING COLORS.

JoAnn W. — September 11, 2013 @ 11:25 AM

Pick the color YOU love because your kitchen, or even your home, may change! You will have this mixer for life, probably, but everything around it will probably change. I have had my Kitchenaid mixer for 20+ years…

Susan W.S. — September 11, 2013 @ 11:30 AM

Leaning towards the persimmon, although both colors are beautiful. Persimmon is different and unexpected but it will still work with the other colors in your house. And I’ll be making some of those brownie recipes this fall!

Julie — September 11, 2013 @ 1:26 PM

The persimmon. Yummy!!!!!!!!

Shelby — September 11, 2013 @ 7:01 PM

Both mixer colors are beautiful. I vote for the Glossy Cinnamon. I use reds in my living areas- this is also the areas I decorate the most for Christmas. I love being able to leave everyday things out and have them blend in with special decor.

Shanna — September 11, 2013 @ 7:34 PM

I would vote persimmon :) and thanks for the link to the home shirts. Super Cute!

Laurel H — September 11, 2013 @ 8:10 PM

Love the persimmon!! It would be a nice pop of color.

Yvette N. — September 11, 2013 @ 9:14 PM

I like the Glossy Cinnamon for your color kitchen.

Lori Lange — September 11, 2013 @ 9:56 PM

happy you’re here!

Jessica — September 12, 2013 @ 8:42 AM

Persimmon!!

Dom — September 13, 2013 @ 4:57 PM

I am soooo beyond happy i found your website! I’m seriously in love. It’s just my cup of tea. Literally…i could wake up to your blog every morning haha. Can’t wait to browse some more!

Dom — September 13, 2013 @ 4:59 PM

I am sooooo beyond happy I found your website! I absolutely love everything about it. It’s just my cup of tea….Literally, I could wake up to this site every morning, haha. Can’t wait to browse some more.

Marcia — September 13, 2013 @ 8:44 PM

I vote for the cinnamon mixer!

Jan — September 14, 2013 @ 1:44 PM

Persimmon – definitely! You’ve just discovered Sundance? Uh, oh – you’re in trouble. :o)