Best Recipes of 2013

It’s always fun to look back at the year and see which recipes were the most popular with RecipeGirl readers (in terms of traffic) for 2013. Here are the results:

Best Recipes from RecipeGirl.com 2013
#10:  Red, White and Blue Cheesecake Cake:  This was another cheesecake cake success.  It was both festive and delicious!

#9:  Sweet Lemon- Glazed Drumsticks:  I’m so happy this recipe made the top 10 since it is a recipe that came from The Recipe Girl Cookbook!

#8:  Baked Pasta:  It’s funny because this recipe was made last-minute, on-the-fly.  Sometimes those kinds of recipes turn out best!

#7:  Pecan Pie:  This recipe came from The Pioneer Woman Holidays Cookbook.  I think ate most of this pie all by myself!

#6:  Chocolate Cream Pie:  The filling for this pie was absolutely amazing.  I remember scraping the pan for the tidbits left behind.

#5:  Vegetable Enchiladas:  This recipe was a surprise hit too!  The recipe originally came from Martha Stewart but I changed it slightly.

#4:  Easy Cranberry Sauce:  I guess people like easy, and this one is definitely easy!

#3:  Pizza Pinwheels:  I created this one as a Game Day recipe.  It was indeed good, and it was a big hit!

#2:  2 Ingredient Pancakes:  There are different versions of this one all over the internet, so I took a stab at them too.  It’s a great option for pancakes for those watching their carb intake.

#1:  Cinnamon- Apple Pie Cake:  This was a recipe shared from the Australian cookbook:  The Monday Morning Cooking Club.  The recipe turned out to be a delightful surprise- one that is very different than a pie or a cake.  A lot of RecipeGirl readers made this one, adapted it and enjoyed it!

As for my PERSONAL FAVORITES of 2013, here they are:

Fave Recipes 2013

#1:  Easy Gourmet Salad:  I just keep making this one over and over and over again.  All of the add-ins and the homemade dressing make it great!

#2:  Butternut Squash and Kale Soup with Fresh Herbs and White Beans:  I really enjoyed the simplicity of this soup.  A sprinkle of Parmesan makes it perfect for warming you up on a chilly day.

#3:  Strawberry Cookies and Cream Ice Cream:  Maybe it was because I was sharing this recipe with some good friends of ours, but I really loved this ice cream a lot!

I find myself repeating all three of these recipes again and again (which is rather rare for me to do!)

What was your favorite RecipeGirl recipe of 2013?  Have you tried any of the top 10 or my personal top 3?  And what sorts of things would you like to see me post in the coming year?

24 Responses to “Best Recipes of 2013”

Cathy Pollak ~ Noble Pig — January 2, 2014 @ 8:18 AM

It’s always fun to see everyone’s top recipes and interesting to see what everyone loves to make. What’s funny is it’s often not what thing would be popular. But geez, I didn’t need to see that drippy ice cream cone…that flavor sounds amazing, but I need to put it out of my head until summer! I’m not sure I would be able to stop eating it at a few bites. Gah.

Chelsea — January 2, 2014 @ 11:14 AM

I love the lemon glazed drumsticks — so easy to put together and simply delicious!

Val — January 2, 2014 @ 11:25 AM

The #1 recipe is very close to something I had in Amsterdam at a place in the Jordaan district, Winkel 43. It was the best apple pie/cake I’ve ever had! Found the recipe when I got home but haven’t had the chance to make it…thought I would pass it along in case you’re interested, Lori. It’s sooo good, especially with fresh whipped cream!

Donna Kagan — January 2, 2014 @ 11:30 AM

Why so many dessert recipes – never make them. Not interested

Lori Lange — January 2, 2014 @ 11:31 AM

Just sharing what were the most popular recipes that readers visited. 4 out of 10 are desserts.

Lori Lange — January 2, 2014 @ 11:32 AM

Thanks- looks kind of similar but maybe a little more cakey.

Lori Lange — January 2, 2014 @ 11:33 AM

In the recipe I shared, the batter seeps down into the apples to create cake surrounding the apples (rather than a crust around the outside).

Wendy — January 2, 2014 @ 11:56 AM

I wish if people don’t have a nice thing to say that they would just not open their mouth. I am sure Lori spent alot of time putting this post together for our enjoyment and someone like that doesn’t need to interject negativity for others to read! Nice job Lori! Keep the recipes coming!

gina @ skinnytaste — January 2, 2014 @ 12:02 PM

Can’t wait to try some of these Lori!

Lori Lange — January 2, 2014 @ 1:10 PM

Auntiepatch — January 2, 2014 @ 1:37 PM

Too many favorites to list!

Viv — January 2, 2014 @ 8:27 PM

Thanks for posting! I am really intrigued by the pancakes! Health reasons say avoid them the way I’ve always eaten them. But, surely there’s a way to enjoy them, guilt free. This might be it! I’am going to try them. Thanks!

Stephanie @ Eat. Drink. Love. — January 2, 2014 @ 9:58 PM

You had a very yummy 2013! Happy New Year, Lori!

Amy @ The Blond Cook — January 3, 2014 @ 5:25 AM

Congratulations on such a successful 2013! I am planning on making your pizza pinwheels for Superbowl. Happy New Year!

Lisa @ Garnish with Lemon — January 3, 2014 @ 5:25 AM

Love this list-such great variety. But the baked pasta has my number, every,single time. Happy New Year Lori!

Angela — January 3, 2014 @ 9:32 AM

what a delicious year Lori!! Hope we get the chance to hang out again in 2014!!

Stacy | Wicked Good Kitchen — January 4, 2014 @ 6:42 AM

Excellent roundup and year end recap of your top recipes, Lori! I remember that pretty patriotic cheesecake cake of yours. But, I’m surprised that other scrumptious recipes didn’t make the top list like some of your salads. So interesting to see what people comment on most vs. pin or view. (I’m feverishly working on my top recipes of the year. There was a surprise recipe that ranked #1!) Thanks for sharing and have a great weekend!

Marion — January 4, 2014 @ 6:44 AM

I will be making the squash, kale, and bean soup next Monday. I am trying “Meatless Mondays” in 2014 and this will be a great addition. I will let you know how it goes.

Christina @ Sweet Pea's Kitchen — January 4, 2014 @ 2:11 PM

What a great lineup! Everything looks so delicious, but that Red, White and Blue Cheesecake Cake is calling my name! It would be perfect for the 4th of July! :)

carrian — January 4, 2014 @ 4:37 PM

I love seeing everyone’s top recipes! These look delicious!

Christi @ Love From The Oven — January 6, 2014 @ 6:02 PM

I think I need 5-7 in my life, stat! Those enchiladas look absolutely incredible. They belong on my dinner table very soon! Happy 2014, Lori!

Aimee — January 7, 2014 @ 1:55 PM

Love, love the easy gourmet salad! I make it all the time!

Nutmeg Nanny — January 8, 2014 @ 10:36 AM

Yum, what a mouth watering list :) number 9 especially!

MoonLight @ AWorldInMyOven — January 9, 2014 @ 4:23 AM

I love how your top 10 has both dinner dishes and desserts randomly throughout the list. I think I’m going to be trying out the top 3: they all look so delicious! For the next year: please keep up the good word! I love occasionally stopping by and seeing loads of lovely new recipes – even if I don’t have the time to make them all, just looking at them is a treat!