Stuff I’ve Gotta Share and You’ve Gotta See

Here’s another one of those posts full of all my crazy favorites… Stuff I’ve Gotta Share and You’ve Gotta See… !

Red Velvet Dessert Recipes

Here’s my latest post for Parade Magazine‘s food blog:  5 ROMANTIC RED VELVET DESSERT RECIPES.  I’ve gathered some red velvet-themed recipes, and they are gorgeous!  I think every one of them would be a sweet contribution to a special Valentine’s Day feast.

Slow Cooker French Dip

These SLOW COOKER FRENCH DIP SANDWICHES w/ CARAMELIZED ONIONS come from my cookbook- The Recipe Girl Cookbook.  My friend Gina featured the recipe and a cookbook review on her blog:  SkinnyTaste.  And YES… she totally lightened them up a bit and included nutritional info and WW Points on her blog.  Check it out!

Interview

Lisa from the blog Lunch Pails & Lipstick published a “Real Mom” interview with yours truly today… and she’s also giving away a copy of The Recipe Girl Cookbook! Check it out here! > REAL MOM INTERVIEW WITH LORI LANGE

Caramel Apple Pie Crust Cookies

These delicious looking little cookies are CARAMEL APPLE PIE CRUST COOKIES!  The recipe comes from The Recipe Girl Cookbook and it is being featured by my friend Lynne of 365 Days of Baking and More (yes… she’s on a quest to feature a different baking recipe every single day for 365 days!!!)  Lynne is also sharing a GIVEAWAY FOR THE RECIPE GIRL COOKBOOK, so check out her post!

HomeLand

I just finished watching the current season, and I won’t give anything away… but WHAT????!!!!!  How can there even be another season??  I honestly don’t know where they’re gonna go with the show from here.  If you’ve not yet watched Homeland on Showtime, you should think about powering it out through Netflix.  It’s good TV.

Super Bowl Cupcakes

Here was one of my contributions to the Super Bowl party that I went to: Super Bowl Cupcakes (representing both teams, of course). I used my WHITE WEDDING CUPCAKES recipe and WEDDING CUPCAKE BUTTERCREAM for these guys. They were delicious, and they were all gobbled up!

Flipagram

Here’s a fun app to try out > FLIPAGRAM.  It’s free!  You can create short photo slideshows set to music and share with friends.  Here’s an example- my first Flipagram! > BEST DAY (a day on the slopes…)

Sassy Tailgate Sandwiches

This recipe has kind of a fun history behind it… back in 2010 I judged a recipe contest with Paula Deen- The Real Women of Philadelphia Cream Cheese Recipe Contest.  Caryn Ross from the Sassy Mama blog was one of the winners with this recipe:  SASSY TAILGATE SANDWICHES.  I remembered how good these were and decided to make them for Super Bowl Sunday- YUM!

Mango Mend

I’ve gotta share this beauty secret!! > MANGO MEND.  My manicurist swears by this stuff… it’s great for those of us who have dry skin- dry cuticles, dry patches, dry lips and live in a dry climate.  Just rub this stuff on and let it do its magic (I like to do so right before I go to bed).  The consistency is similar to Vaseline.  It works wonders on dry skin and it smells fabulous too.  You can buy it on Amazon > MANGO MEND.  It might be available in beauty supply stores too.

Favorite Blogs Feb 4

Here are three food blogs that I read every day (and you should be reading them too!) >>

And finally… here is a music video that will make you HAPPY! Seriously, if you need a lift today or this week or whenever. You won’t be able to get this song by Pharrell Williams out of your head!

16 Responses to “Stuff I’ve Gotta Share and You’ve Gotta See”

Ashley @ Kitchen Meets Girl — February 4, 2014 @ 8:05 AM

Lori – thank you SO much for your sweet words, and for featuring my blog today. It totally brightened my day! xoxo

DessertForTwo — February 4, 2014 @ 8:37 AM

These posts make me so happy, I feel like it’s Friday! :)

Lori Lange — February 4, 2014 @ 8:49 AM

You’re so welcome- I love your blog!

Lori Lange — February 4, 2014 @ 8:49 AM

aw, thanks :)

Stephanie @ PlainChicken — February 4, 2014 @ 8:53 AM

Totally agree on Homeland. It could end and I would be fine. Interested to see how they move on.

Bryn — February 4, 2014 @ 10:29 AM

I’ve bought mango mend at sallys beauty supply. Cheaper than amazon price. Love it

Natalie @ Paper & Birch — February 4, 2014 @ 1:04 PM

Great post Lori! Definitely want to try that Mango mend! I’m also with you on Homeland. Started out fantastic but then kinda fizzled off. Happy Tuesday! :)

Aimee @ ShugarySweets — February 4, 2014 @ 2:15 PM

Love this post! I’m always looking for new Netflix shows, I’ve heard good things about Homeland, will add it to my queue!

Jody Gates — February 4, 2014 @ 5:09 PM

These posts are some of my favorites. I already read The Kitchn, which Iove too, and bookmarked Foodie With Family to take a look at later. Thanks for sharing.

Emily @ Life on Food — February 4, 2014 @ 5:18 PM

I need stuff for my dry hands right now. My dishwasher broke and washing dishes in the winter is the worst.

Tieghan — February 4, 2014 @ 9:10 PM

All those red velvet desserts look to die for! Very fun for valentines day!!
    Another great post, Lori! Thanks for sharing!

Rachel @ Baked by Rachel — February 5, 2014 @ 7:30 AM

I’m not really sure how they’re going to continue the show either with that ending. I’ve heard rumors it may not last much longer but… just rumors for now. That ending may be what kills the show off though. I guess only time will tell!!

Amy @Very Culinary — February 5, 2014 @ 8:35 AM

I’ve made your French Dip sandwiches (but I did not lighten them up – ha!) – they were awesome! Also? I just finished season 2 of Homeland and just bought season 3 on DVD. Workouts on the treadmill go by so fast :)

Donna @ The Slow Roasted Italian — February 5, 2014 @ 2:04 PM

Great post! Just ordered the Mango Mend. Thanks for the tip!

Lynne @ 365 Days of Baking & More — February 7, 2014 @ 1:00 PM

Lori,
    thanks so much for showing the Caramel Apple Pie Crust Cookies and talking about my site!! Those cookies were delicious and I’m excited to try more recipes from that wonderful cookbook of yours!!
    Hugs,
    Lynne

Erin @ Texanerin Baking — February 8, 2014 @ 11:57 AM

I don’t know how Homeland can possibly go on, either. I watched it the day after it aired and I’m still telling my husband, “I can’t believe they did that!”

And those are some awesome looking red velvet goodies!