Here’s my weekly post sharing about what’s going on in the world of RecipeGirl, as well as some fun links to things I’ve come across lately. So here it goes: following are 10 things to share with you this week- everything from recipes to shopping to a few fun articles and more. There are a few affiliate links included here and there. Enjoy!
Lighter Dinner Recipes!
- This Sautéed Chicken with Cherries recipe is originally from an old Weight Watchers magazine!
- Salmon with Mustard and Brown Sugar Glaze is an easy and delicious baked salmon recipe that is full of flavor.
- My family loves these Fish Tacos with Chipotle Cream! It’s simply grilled white fish combined with cabbage, corn and cilantro and a lightly spiced cream sauce all wrapped up in a corn tortilla.
- These Asian Lettuce Wraps are a nice, lighter choice for dinner.
- This Ginger Glazed Pork Tenderloin is a super-simple recipe with great flavor.
- Weight Watchers Pizza is made with the super popular 2 ingredient pizza dough.
Fun Shopping Finds:
- I love these booties, and they come in some cool color combinations!
- Here’s a cute and cozy sweater!
- This heart bracelet would be such a sweet gift for Valentine’s Day.
- If you’re a dog lover, you might like this baseball hat. I wear it every day when I walk my dog!
- Check out my favorite socks for running and walking. They’re so cushy and comfortable.
- For our family photos this year, I wore this dress in “terra cotta.” They don’t have that color available anymore, but this dress is fabulous and comfortable. And it has pockets!
Instagram accounts to follow:
- Follow MomsOfBigs if you’re a mom who has a child in their late teens or 20’s.
- Follow MaxTheMeatGuy if you’re into meat and grilling. This guy is amazing.
What I’m watching and reading:
- We are watching Yellowstone and 1923. I have talked to some people who tried to watch Yellowstone and gave up. It’s such a good series. Watch it into the 2nd season, and give it a chance. 1923 is great too with Harrison Ford and Helen Mirren.
- I’m finished up the audiobook of Bad City by Paul Pringle. It’s an interesting (true) story about USC scandals. It’s crazy/awful how many people/agencies were involved in covering them up.
Fun Recipes I’ve spotted on the internet this week:
- This Eggs Benedict looks perfect.
- In this time of eating healthy, I love this post on How to Eat a Salad Every Day!
- Sloppy Joe Sliders would be fun for eating while watching the football games.
- Chocolate Cheesecake Bars look pretty darn delicious!
Here’s what’s going on in my life:
- Our son went back to college a couple of days ago. I’m so sad that he’s gone, but I’ll see him again in March and then again in May for his college graduation. It’s so crazy how fast our kids grow up.
- The holidays are over, and it’s a New Year. That means focusing on health for me. After going through breast cancer and treatment last year, I really want to focus on losing a little weight and eating well. I walk every day, but that doesn’t seem to be enough. I’ll be hitting the gym and making healthy dinners!
Catch up on food-related news of the week:
- Cookbook recommendation: Aprés All Day by Kelly Epstein contains 65 cozy recipes to share with family and friends. It’s one of those books you see in the shops of every ski town! I bought it as a gift for a friend this year. It’s a lovely book to have on your cookbook shelf!
- Food and Wine’s 25 Most Popular Recipes of 2022.
- Crumbl Cookies violated child labor laws.
- Here are 31 best recipes to cook this January (from TheKitchn.com).
- Helpful to those cutting the carbs >> What makes carbs good or bad?
Products I’m loving:
- I’ve been using Urban Skin Clear Skin Cleansing Treatment for my nighttime face-cleansing ritual. I’ve been using it for about 4 weeks now, and I’m loving the way my skin feels after cleansing. It comes in a little container that has two sponges that you can just rinse off after each use. It’s great for oily, blemish-prone skin.
- Look for Italian Truffle Cheese at Trader Joe’s. It’s so good!
- I got the Pop Darts game for my son for Christmas (he’s 21, and he sent me the link because he thought it looked like fun). It is! It’s a great family game.
- We got this Craft Cocktail Syrup in a little gift package that a friend sent me, and we absolutely love it for making Old Fashioned cocktails.
- My son is impossible to wake up in the morning. He asked for a really loud alarm clock. I bought him the Screaming Meanie!
- Look for Kettle Foods Pepperoncini Kettle Chips at your local market. They’re slightly spicy and oh so delicious!
Bake this week:
- Bake High Energy Peanut Butter Breakfast Cookies for a treat to start the day!
- My Hoosier Pie recipe has been very popular lately. It’s also known as “sugar cream pie,” and it’s just about the best pie I’ve ever tasted!
Next Week’s Recipes:
- On RecipeGirl: Chocolate Glazed Cake, Chipotle Beer Shrimp Pasta, Honey Banana Muffins
- On RecipeBoy: Gluten Free Banana Bread
- On RecipesForHolidays: Apricot Shortbread Bars for National Apricot Day!
Have a wonderful week!