Here’s my weekly post sharing about what’s going on in the world of RecipeGirl, as well as some fun links to things I’ve come across lately. So here it goes: following are 10 things to share with you this week- everything from recipes to shopping to a few fun articles and more. There are a few affiliate links included here and there. Enjoy!
Favorite Salad Recipes!
- My Chicken Apple Crunch Salad has been a very popular recipe this week. Looks like people are trying to eat a little lighter!
- This Triple Berry Salad with Sugared Almonds is my favorite go-to salad. Even when berries are not in season, I usually pick them up at Costco.
- The Avocado Pine Nut Salad is my favorite salad of all time. Everyone asks for the recipe.
- Spinach Salad with Hot Prosciutto Dressing is a different way to make classic spinach salad!
- The Mediterranean Chickpea Salad is one to try. It’s super easy to make, and it’s always a hit.
- I make my Mexican Chopped Salad with Honey Lime Dressing whenever I want a lighter side dish to serve with Mexican food.
Fun Shopping Finds:
- I love this adorable heart sweater for Valentine’s Day (sale).
- Currently obsessed with these snowflake jeans!
- Hello super cozy jogger set!
- This top is so pretty (and wow, 151 five star reviews!)
- This bright pink (or black) coat is lovely.
- My sneaker addiction continues with these cute sneaks!
- A cozy cardigan is perfect for wearing around the house in chilly weather.
- Anyone need a gorgeous dress at a good price?
Instagram accounts to follow:
- Follow ItsMirandaDerrick if you love to watch people dance!
- Follow PickyPalate for family friendly recipes!
What I’m watching and reading:
- I’m obsessed with Emily in Paris! I’m in the middle of the current season, and I just never want it to end. The show is fabulous, and the outfits are amazing too.
- I just finished listening to the audiobook, Tell Me Everything by Erika Krouse. Has anyone else read this? Part memoir and part literary true crime, Tell Me Everything is the mesmerizing story of a landmark sexual assault investigation and the female private investigator who helped crack it open. I really wanted to like this book. I trudged through to the end, but I was just not interested in the author’s life. It was weird to combine her memoir with an investigation. It just wasn’t all that compelling.
Fun Recipes I’ve spotted on the internet this week:
- Animal Toast is so cute for kiddie breakfasts!
- Ham and Potato Corn Chowder looks like a pretty cozy soup recipe.
- Anyone up for making Homemade French Bread?
- This Oven-Roasted Chicken with Lemon Rosemary Garlic Butter looks restaurant quality!
- Old Fashioned Peanut Butter Cake sounds pretty fantastic.
Here’s what’s going on in my life:
- My brand new car was rear ended (insert sad face here!) It’s still drivable, but so disappointing. The dealer says they cannot fix it until May. That’s awful, isn’t it?! I’m just trying to look at the bright side– no one was hurt, and the person who hit me has good insurance and is communicative.
- I still haven’t been back to the gym, but I’ve been super diligent about walking 5 full miles every day at a fast pace. I drag my dog with me, so she’s pretty fit, LOL.
Catch up on food-related news of the week:
- New Cookbook Release: The Mayo Clinic Diet: Reshape your life with science-based habits. Designed to help individuals lose weight and, most importantly, keep it off, this book offers expert advice to help you kick-start and stay on track in your fitness journey. Easy-to-make recipes are included. I’m intrigued with this one just because I love and trust Mayo clinic!!
- Read How to get tickets to the Food and Wine Classic in Aspen!
- Here are 58 Popular Low Carb Recipes!
- Did you know there’s a National Egg Shortage?
- Are gas stoves getting banned? Here’s what you need to know.
Products I’m loving:
- If you don’t have a meatloaf pan yet, buy one! It has an insert, so all the grease sinks to the bottom.
- My son raved about these Rip Van Wafels (you can get them at Costco too). And now I need to buy some.
- I have been using the Great Bags for Less for a couple of years now. They’re so much stronger than any other kind of tall kitchen bag. They’re a bit more expensive, but I feel like they’re totally worth it since they never, ever tear or leak.
- I found the most adorable address book.
- Check out this cute spoon for the book and tea lover!
- Look for Blue Diamond Sweet Thai Chili almonds. Delicious!
- Here are some cute headlights to add to your Crocs (think… walking the dog at night!)
- This is a gorgeous Valentine Wreath.
Bake this week:
- Bake the Blueberriest Muffins as a breakfast surprise for everyone in your house!
- Double Chocolate Brownies are always a favorite!
- These Lemon Sugar Cookies are pretty delicious too.
Next Week’s Recipes:
- On RecipeGirl: Pizzette with Gorgonzola, Tomato and Basil, Pan Seared Ribeye Steak with Balsamic Onion and Tomato Salsa, Mushroom-Dill Scalloped Potatoes
- On RecipeBoy: Grandma’s Cinnamon Toast
- On RecipesForHolidays: 25 Ways to Make Bagels for National Bagel Day!
Have a wonderful week!