Here’s my weekly post sharing about what’s going on in the world of RecipeGirl, as well as some fun links to things I’ve come across lately. So here it goes: following are 10 things to share with you this week- everything from recipes to shopping to a few fun articles and more. There are a few affiliate links included here and there. Enjoy!
Lovely Spring Recipes!
- When it’s spring and asparagus are everywhere and affordable, this Spring Lettuce Salad with Roasted Asparagus is the salad to try!
- This recipe for Pasta with Spring Vegetables is a lighter pasta dish. Add spoonfuls of Parmesan on top to make it a little more decadent.
- This Spring Vegetable and Potato Frittata is delicious for breakfast or lunch.
- Refreshingly simple, Strawberry Avocado Salad with Balsamic Chicken is like springtime in a bowl.
- This Layered Strawberry Trifle recipe is super easy to make.
Fun Shopping Finds:
- I bought some really, really cute sandals to wear with dresses this summer! I tried them on in person at Nordstrom and they were a bit snug. So I ordered them in “wide” on the brand’s website, and they fit perfectly. I don’t typically ever order wide shoes, but these worked!
- I have to go to a country club graduation party in May, so I bought this gorgeous dress at Anthropologie. I love it!! It fits pretty true to size.
- I picked up a white tank top at Sundance. I love it because the material is not super thin. I’ve already worn it a bunch!
- Here’s another (super cheap) bathing suit that I got in the mail for summer from a company I was unsure about ordering from. No worries, everything I got from them was great! I got the multi-color. It’s so pretty!
Instagram accounts to follow:
- Follow @aubrey_realhousemoms for delicious food posts.
- Follow @anitalianinmykitchen because she shares amazing Italian food!!
What I’m watching and reading:
- I’m enjoying Truth Be Told with Octavia Spencer on Apple TV+. I watched the first season, and I’m interested enough to watch the next one. It’s a legal drama about a true crime podcaster.
- This week, I started listening to an audiobook by Elin Hilderbrand: The Hotel Nantucket. I enjoy reading Hilderbrand’s books in the summer months. This one is pretty good. It’s just a nice, easy book to listen to on my morning walks!
Fun Recipes I’ve spotted on the internet this week:
- Fresh mozzarella, tomatoes, arugula, fresh basil, pesto and a balsamic glaze are all sandwiched between slices of sourdough bread and grilled until golden on this delicious Caprese Sandwich!
- These are the CUTEST >> Soft in the center and slightly crisp on the outside, Bird Bread Rolls are slightly sweet. These make a lovely accompaniment to hot soup.
- This No Bake Rice Krispy Treat Cheesecake is phenomenal! Light, fluffy and packed with flavor, it’s perfect for any and every die-hard RKT fan!
Here’s what’s going on in my life:
- Happy Easter! Our son is staying in Dallas this year for Easter, so my husband and I have plans to go out to a steakhouse for our Easter dinner. I’m not super excited about that because I love making an Easter dinner for a crowd. But it’s an unusual year, so we’ll just go with it!
Catch up on food-related news of the week:
- New cookbook release > Did You Eat Yet?: Craveable Recipes from an All-American Asian Chef by Ronnie Woo. Whether it’s a healthy carb-conscious recipe, an overly indulgent cheat meal, or stunning happy-hour fare, Ronnie’s over-the-top book delivers on flavor with memorable humor —plus mouthwatering photographs throughout—and offers a serious array of recipes to easily elevate your home cooking and stuff your loved ones with great food.
- Starbucks Pink Drink is coming to a grocery store near you.
- Valerie Bertinelli’s Food Network show has been cancelled after 14 seasons.
- Here are 9 Mistakes to Avoid when shopping at Costco.
Products I’m loving:
- Women of a certain age have to experience hot flashes. Mine are due to my hormone-blocking cancer medication, and they’re awful. So I picked up a couple of these fans to keep in my purse for those over-heated moments when I’m out and about. Maybe they’ll help you or someone you know too!
- This checkered watch band for the Apple watch is so cute!
- Our latest favorite dinner is to pick up a piece of swordfish for grilling at Whole Foods. My husband has buddied up with the guy in the Whole Foods seafood department, and he puts a seasoning on the swordfish that they keep in the back. It’s delicious!
- You need a spiralizer that can create zucchini into ZOODLES! It’s a great way to eat “low carb” spaghetti by substituting zucchini for pasta.
- Grab the egg bites at Trader Joe’s to eat on mornings where you’re in a hurry. They’re pretty good!
- This is the prettiest spring/summer quilt set. We have it at our house in Oregon, and it just looks so nice.
- My favorite spot remover saved the day again this week when I spilled red wine on the carpet. It works so well, and the spots come right out!
Bake some chocolate chip cookies this week!
- Kahlua- Espresso Chocolate Chip Cookies: A chocolate cookie base also incorporates espresso and Kahlua, and plenty of chocolate chips are mixed in too.
- Banana- Walnut Chocolate Chip Cookies have added oats, toasted walnuts and chocolate chips. And they have just the right amount of ripe banana added in.
- Browned Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies are pretty much the best chocolate chip cookie recipe!
Next Week’s Recipes:
- On RecipeGirl: Pork Chops Pizzaiola, Spring Salad with Snow Peas, Grapes and Feta, and Moist Bran Muffins
- On RecipeBoy: Raspberry- Dark Chocolate Banana Bread Muffins
- On RecipesForHolidays: Peach Cobbler for National Peach Cobbler Day!
Have a wonderful week!