Here’s my weekly post sharing about what’s going on in the world of RecipeGirl, as well as some fun links to things I’ve come across lately. So here it goes: following are 10 things to share with you this week- everything from recipes to shopping to a few fun articles and more. There are a few affiliate links included here and there. Enjoy!
Best Sheet Cake Recipes!
- Yellow Sheet Cake with Chocolate Buttercream is an easy sheet cake recipe for a classic, favorite cake flavor!
- This easy Chocolate Sheet Cake recipe is covered with a thick layer of delicious chocolate icing.
- Take advantage of late summer’s bounty with this Blueberry Zucchini Sheet Cake.
- This Peanut Butter Texas Sheet Cake is a delicious peanut butter cake with the most amazing chunky peanut butter frosting.
- This Coconut Sheet Cake is the perfect coconut cake with coconut frosting too!
- White Texas Sheet Cake is a light and fluffy white cake topped with a sweet, buttery frosting that is loaded with toasted walnuts.
- Carrot Sheet Cake is fabulous too!
Fun Shopping Finds:
- I bought this cute summer dress in black!
- I tried on this cute top in brilliant kelly green at the store. I didn’t buy it, but I can’t stop thinking about it!
- I needed a travel windbreaker for a trip I was recently on when there was a threat of rain. I picked up this one, and it’s perfect. Super lightweight and good for summer (cheap).
- Floral cropped pants for summer? These are cute. This top would be super cute paired with the pants!
- For a summery linen shirt, this one has an excellent price.
- This would be awfully pretty with jeans or white pants in the summertime.
- Cute shorts for summer! And here’s a top that would look darling with them!
- I love these linen-blend pants.
Instagram accounts to follow:
- Follow @DogsOfInstagram if you’re a dog lover!
- Follow @Shonda1020 for healthy lifestyle inspiration!
What I’m watching and reading:
- I binge-watched The Night Agent on a recent flight. It was good! I love that it was action-packed. The main actor and story reminded me of Matt Damon and his Bourne movies.
- I’ve just placed Viola Davis’ memoir Finding Me on my Libby wait list. I’m so excited to listen to this one because it has been recommended by so many people. There’s a bit of a wait to get it though. I’m trying to be patient!
Fun Recipes I’ve spotted on the internet this week:
- I must try this Bacon, Egg and Cheese Breakfast Braid!
- This Bacon- Ranch Pasta Salad looks delicious!
- Lemon Chicken sounds like a yummy dinner recipe that everyone will enjoy.
- Strawberry Cheesecake Cupcakes look pretty darn amazing.
Here’s what’s going on in my life:
- We just spent a week in Southern California on vacation. Since we lived there for 29 years before moving to Nevada and then Arizona, we have a ton of friends to visit with and family too. We stayed in Del Mar at the beach. I loved the cool mornings and the relaxing vibe. I don’t love San Diego traffic (it has gotten exponentially bad since we left 10 years ago), but it’s a nice place to visit for sure.
Catch up on food-related news of the week:
- New cookbook release > Tasting History: Explore the Past through 4,000 Years of Recipes by Max Miller. What began as a passion project when Max Miller was furloughed during Covid-19 has become a viral YouTube sensation. The Tasting History with Max Miller channel has thrilled food enthusiasts and history buffs alike as Miller recreates a dish from the past, often using historical recipes from vintage texts, but updated for modern kitchens as he tells stories behind the cuisine and culture.
- Neil Patrick Harris is launching an Espresso Martini as a canned cocktail.
- Crazy > Chef Cooks for 100 Hours Straight to break the world record.
- Here’s how to make In-N-Out’s Animal Style Fries at home.
Products I’m loving:
- My cancer medication is causing me to have some pretty severe hot flashes. The doctor is trying to manage it with me, but it’s a long process to figure out what will help. A friend of mine swears by this Embr Wave Thermal Wristband for hot flashes. It’s a bracelet that goes on your wrist, and it emits a cooling sensation on your wrist. I decided to try it. It’s expensive, so I was happy to see that it can be returned if it doesn’t work. I’m wearing it sometimes during the day, but I always wear it at night. Honestly, it has been a game-changer for sleep. If I wake up and have a hot flash, I calmly press the button a few times on the device and let it cool me down. It’s strange, but it seems to be working for me.
- Along the same lines, I bought this hand-free neck fan. Also a game changer! I’ve been using it while working at my desk.
- Also, this is a nice desk fan. I will probably be using it on my nightstand to cool me off at night, if needed.
- You know how sometimes you need a clear bag to enter stadiums, etc? I found a good, cheap one! It comes in many handle colors, and it’s the standard size that stadiums accept for clear bags.
- Here’s a mini umbrella that is perfect for traveling, and it comes in a lot of different colors.
- Look for marinated salmon fillets at Whole Foods. They offer a variety of flavors, but my favorite is the Everything Bagel Seasoning topped salmon.
- Look for seedless watermelon in your market. The watermelons are beginning to arrive, and they’re wonderful!
Bake bread pudding this week!
- Cinnamon Caramel Bread Pudding is elegant enough to serve as dessert at a fancy dinner party, but it’s also easy enough to make and serve to the family (and enjoy leftovers for a few days).
- Maple Custard Bread Pudding is a delicious twist on classic bread pudding!
- Tomato Bread Pudding is a delicious savory bread pudding recipe that showcases fresh summer tomatoes.
Next Week’s Recipes:
- On RecipeGirl: Mississippi Mud Brownies, Thai Beef Tacos and Sugar Crusted Raspberry Muffins
- On RecipeBoy: Orange Sherbet
- On RecipesForHolidays: Chocolate Cookies and Cream Ice Cream Cake for National Chocolate Ice Cream Day
Have a wonderful week!